AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Jun 22, 2015.

1. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Would you be able to make a thread for all your game settings? I'm sure if you spend 20 minutes each time you get a new game to set it up, spending an extra 2 minutes to update a thread wouldn't be too much trouble. Would be a great service to those with crossfire to share your tested tried and true configurations.

2. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    You clearly haven't seen a ****? How can **** be smooth? My **** is never smooth. :D

Describing it been a smooth experience and as smooth as ****, make me doubt its smoothness. :banana:

3. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    It started off as a driver thread, halfway through we're talking about nazis and ****; I know I shouldn't be surprised but please let's try to stay on topic...

4. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Can't blame them given the statues of the current drivers.

5. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    And when you think not even 24 h have passed since when it started.......is quite remarkable :)

6. Burningcoals

Burningcoals Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980 Ti SC+ @1450Mhz
    SLI issues are with Batman only, Witcher 3 runs amazing in SLI and has for a long time.

Batman is a mess, everyone pointing at Nvidia, but really Rocksteady has to take a lot of heat too.

Funny thing though, most people have the Batman game due to it coming free with almost every card. It works fine for the small time I spent playing it on my 980 Ti...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I lol'd. :D

Driver threads are serious business here on AMD side.

8. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
  9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I try to side with my brain, nothing personal :D
    People tend to take things too personal around here :D

I care. I will update the thread with benchmarks once AMD releases the "new fork" driver for everyone.

This is so true. People believe that NVIDIA is better at support, while they really are better at supporting their CURRENT hardware. As for the video, we don't really know the settings, but it fits the state of the other Rocksteady releases.

The single reason we don't have the newer drivers with VSR is because they want to sell the rebadges in higher prices than what they're selling the older cards now. If the differences in speed between the 290x and the 390x were less than half (which they are if you only take the higher speed VRAM in account), there would be no new "bang" for the new series. Same for VSR. I can't wait for an AMD rep to tell us again that the Pitcairn chip inside the 370 has special hardware, and therefore my 7970 running the Witcher downsampled from 1440p now is just an illusion.
    Their marketing strategy is ****ing horrible and inexcusable, and it makes me wanna puke.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

11. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Makes you wander how it would be if they released the 300 series driver for all cards...

12. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    Why amd seems old driver? This is old build 14.502? I use AMD Catalyst 15.x (15.200.1040.0 June 8) Win 7/8.1/10 x64 and work fine. Latest WHQL drivers are from XI.2014!! How unlock Dynamic Frame Rate Control in catalyst?

13. b2rdark

b2rdark Guest

GPU:
    7870 XT
    Now AMD going to release separate drivers for 300 and <300 series?

14. Dana Scully

Dana Scully Guest

GPU:
    Amd r9 270 X2
    Funny picture in my mind: they just don't have the capability to do a downgrade in one driver like nvidia :)

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I mean they said the minimum is gtx660 or 7950 aka r9 280.

r9 280 is almost as fast 280x and this card is raping 770. Isnt that funny how they always putting down AMD cards.

16. mcarr6

mcarr6 Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R9 Fury X
    This is exactly the reason I'm not purchasing Nvidia for the foreseeable future.

I own an AMD 290x and a Nvidia GTX670, I also own the Batman games (except for this new one because the last one was buggy as hell; which WB never fixed but sold you DLC) and Witcher games, and Nvidia seems purposeful in screwing me over in order to purchase what they want me to purchase. I will personally not condone such a**holeness and provide them with my hard earned money.

I'll be purchasing the Fury X tomorrow basically just to spite.

ps. from my experience SLI and CF have been a waste of money; there has always been this difficulty in making it function.

17. Rivers23

Rivers23 Member

GPU:
    amd 7670m
  18. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    display the 1440p & 2160p graphs in the benchmark box and then you see how AMD is "on par" with NVIDIA...

50 fps (nvidia) vs 30 fps (amd) average on 2160p

and trust me. downsampling & 4k will be the next reference milestone in gaming.

ofc 390x cost only 450€ vs a 700€ 980Ti but 700/450 and 50/30 is almost the same ratio. so in higher resolutions the 980Ti becomes price efficient again.

as a huge fan of AMD it's sad to admit that though :3eyes:

but haven't given up hope yet. i have high expectations of the DX12 API and i think amd chips will gain some performance vs nvidia here. mainly because amd had the possibility to optimize their future hardware for low level apis with mantle already. so they know how to use that potential.

19. deadliner

deadliner Guest

GPU:
    HIS 7950 IceQ X² 3GB
    STILL have to apply the workaround. Why, after over three years since the cards release, does this bug still exist? Is it so difficult to make the PP_SclkDeepSleepDisable reg entry default to 1?

I've had it with AMD. Will use this 7950 until I buy a new GPU in 2016. This was the first time I went with AMD and it will be the last.

20. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Oh they do. They posted the "300 series" driver which works fine on ALL their hardware if someone just pastes some lines of text in an inf. They do this on purpose to promote the 300 series and it is as disgusting as the VSR situation.

I saw that too, and I actually wondered how the older AMD cards would perform if AMD would release the newer driver for ALL their cards, without the owners having to go around in forums to find the proper driver for their hardware...