The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The further I get in the game the more I realize this game is like your (always) drunk buddy/mate. He stumbles & bumbles awkwardly as he moves, he crashes on a regular basis but he's always a blast so you keep on hitting the bar/pub with him anyways.

:cheers:

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I too forgot this, I looted some, but most of them I just destroyed and moved on. Oh well... :D

3. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Was just doing some quests, went to Oxenfurt to sell some loot... after I'm done, as I'm running back toward the sign post to fast travel, I happen to jump up onto a tent, then onto a raised connecting roof, then onto a roof. Totally random... and there's a chest there (that I had missed when I had earlier cleaned out Oxenfurt).

I figure, cool, more loot. But I open it and BANG.... recipe for Superior Necrophage Oil.

I've got like 5 superior level oils and I've not even gone to Skelige yet.

Love that randomness in this game!

Also, if you guys haven't tried this yet, it's some tweaks to fix pop-ins. I tried it at first, and didn't realize there's 2 of the files to edit (1 a backup) so I didn't think it worked. But after I did the other file, I am getting very little (to almost no) pop in's wherever I travel. Give it a try.

4. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ Nice!

After watching a couple vids on Gwent, I actually took the opportunity to play last night.. once you take a bit of time to better understand the game it makes a lot more sense.

After getting beat practically every time, I'm on a small win streak now!

6. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I actually really enjoy Gwent. It's simple, yet tactical and fun.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Ditto, I recon I've gotten a pretty unbeatable Northern Realms setup now as well, just beat the high stakes Gwent mission in Novigrad.

8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Anyone ever got this before:
    [​IMG]

I saw it coming out after
    killing Whoreson Junior
    then within moments it shifted to a normal morning sun.

Looks like some kind of magic jawbreaker.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    seen it loads of times, it's a blood moon, but I have no idea what it means, last I searched on the steam community no one knew either

10. neeeksta

neeeksta Guest

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Heh, yea, my problem was I wasn't actually following up the gwent quests, i.e. the InnKeep variety, once I realized it was 'beat this guy move on to the next' .. ahhh doh and so now on a roll.
    Last nasty to master is what I think they call 'muster'.
    I think it was the old fellah who had a monster deck and it was just calling stacks of cards and the total was over a hundred!

Re looting monster nests, it's this level of complexity and detail which makes it so amazing.
    However a sinking feeling is setting in it really will get too easy, as others have pointed out.
    I have been on Death March, and some battles have taken quite a long time, but satisfying when I finally won.
    Now with extra sign intensity / weapon quality / armour quality, I don't feel quite so useless.

Maybe a mod will come out to hardcorify it? :)

Oh yea, re the Blood Moon ( I guess you know the actual celestial phenomenon ?)
    http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/AngleWyrm%27s_Recipes_for_Witchers#Blood_Moon

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015

11. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    @Neeeksta if you are looking for more of a challenge search Witcher 3 nexus for Ucross hardcore mod. It changes many values for Geralt and Enemies i.e decreasing Geralts stamina regeneration which makes a massive difference when casting spells, spells become a last resort rather than being able to throw spells out like a mage. Many other things are tweaked too like dodging and rolling cost stamina. It makes even the small fights feel more tactical and each battle, even with a group of low level drowners isn't a guaranteed ''hack through and carry on your way!''

There is a full list of changes on the nexus page for the mod. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

12. neeeksta

neeeksta Guest

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Tanks for that Dan, your the man.
    You have the mod installed - what is it like?
    I realize what was in my mind was loot / cash as well as increasing easiness.
    In Stalker there are mods to make survival the main aim.
    I enjoyed the battle at the start where every encounter was a fight for your life, and I am enjoying the battle with higher level beasties.

It's not really a biggie I am about to head to Skellige - I don't want the game to end :wanker:

13. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Latest version of reshade framework now has deband shader. It does make quite a difference for the Witcher 3 even though it can erase certain things in game and make the fog blurry. Go easy on it when tweaking. So far DEBAND_RADIUS 24.0 and DEBAND_THRESHOLD 0.020 make the game look pretty good.

14. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    No problem, I have the mod installed. I started using it about 10 hours in to the game now at 60 hours and still using it. I agree with you 100% I enjoyed that every encounter in the beginning was a challenge, Ucross mod definitely gives you that challenge back!

And don't worry about the game ending when you get to Skellige - the main quests only just start to pick up when you get there! I got to Skellige at level 20. I'm now level 30 and still haven't finished the main story :)

EDIT: Link to the mod for you http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/139/?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  15. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    More free DLC got out : Skellige's most wanted & Skellige Armor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. neeeksta

neeeksta Guest

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Holy Eternal fishy Fire batperson, that's great news Dan, we are in fuzzing video game heaven - that is to say I have decided there is a Cod!!

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i saw those DLC on steam. it can be a good marketing too. they were already in the game. but no, lets make them as DLC, and wait. then publish and get up vote of the geeks.

as what happens here.

Please learn that every HELP u see is maybe not a real help. i eman a fake sht. i think here u see this fake marketing. probably iam right.

at the end of the day yes we get the DLC but what if it was already part of the game.

i dont say this is bad. i say good trick. well played.

, fck ea or other who force you to pay. thats another story. just dont eat this sht going on here.

18. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    I do agree that the 'free' DLC is 100% a marketing gimmick.. BUT if CD Red has started a new trend to be followed by other devs to get extra brownie points with consumers its a win win situation for us. Plus I kinda like getting a little present every week, even if they are minor extras :)

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yes well said.

20. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Beautiful Viking-like armor! :O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.