AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Jun 22, 2015.

1. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    1080p is high res

the only reason why you think 4k gaming is better looking is that for that money you are getting a much better screen overall, it's not the pixel count that is making it good looking (unless you are playing looking at a 40" monitor sitting 50cm from it, then you might notice the difference).

2. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Guest

GPU:
    980Ti
    It's a no sense marketing :/

Actually I don't have any issues playing bf4 in cf, project cars have some bugs, and assetto corsa don't have any profile, hope that amd will upgrade soon driver whit it

But this time will be the last one that I buy 2 gpu!

Thinking to upgrade to a single furyx right now

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Have you ever downsampled? Downsampling shows you exactly what higher resolutions do to in-game visuals without owning a higher resolution monitor.

4. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Downsampling sure makes the visuals sharper and the textures denser but owning a higher resolution monitor and bigger makes a difference in my opinion. I've played watch dogs downsampled from 3200*1800 to 1080p, it looked better compared to regular 1080p, but it would have looked even better if i had played on a monitor that supports that resolution.

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I wasn't doubting that but downsampling is an effective way of seeing what higher resolutions does to textures, aliasing, etc, without actually investing in a higher resolution display.

6. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    Ok so let me rephrase: I think that the small visual difference does not justify all the problems the CF guys are going through. It looks like they have visual artifacts or glitches or stuttering in half of the games, then the other half doesn't even work.

95% of PC gamers and I think that a maxed out game @ 1080p image with antialiasing applied and no glitches is far better than spending hours to get a game to work @4k with glitches and stuttering.

I'm just saying that in these forums a lot of people look like they are enjoying more getting the game to work than playing the game itself, and that is a bit strange, that's all.

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    If AMD can't support it then they should stop us from doing it. When I bought my GPU's we had CAPs which allowed us to get profiles for games without a new driver. It wasn't perfect but it worked much better than it does now. GameWorks titles are becoming more and more frequent and I can't think of a GameWorks title that has great crossfire support. It's not a crossfire problem it's a game problem.
    I don't know what else to say to you :)

8. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    We are saying the same thing ("CF does not work properly in many many games...") but coming to diferent conclusions: "...so do not buy it" VS "...so buy it and complain about it" :)

9. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    You can tell him this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZVZ38ZHnmw
    :D

10. edilsonj

edilsonj Active Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3060 Ti
    Oh, sh*t!

Radeon HD 7870 plays bad, but...

GTX 960 2GB unplayable. Sttutering a lot, no SLI support, broken shadows.

Great job, nVidia GameWorks. Great job, Rocksteady.

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not every game doesn't work. Games like Tomb Raider/GTA V/Alien: Isolation runs nicely in crossfire. The games that don't work people complain, of course they do, wouldn't you?
    Crossfire support is getting worse and I've had my GPU's for years.

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    *deleted

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  13. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    LOL I hope you know that it doesn't mean anything. It is already dumb to make jokes about someone birthplace, even dumber to do it the wrong way ;)

It is the second time in this thread, someone should have teached you some manners when you were young.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  14. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    Agreed!
    Don't make it personal and don't be ignorant.

15. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Member

GPU:
    Giga GTX 980Ti Xtreeeme

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Dumb people make conclusion without knowing root cause.

Root cause is nVidia's gameworks, it kills even most of nVidia's own cards.
    I am not touching gameworks using game again (read: paying/playing, I will not pirate it, if that is what goes on someone's mind).

It perfectly fits nVidia's business practices in past. That is reason why I do not own nVidia's GPU for like 5 years now and I do not intend to get any.

But I am not saying they make bad GPUs, they make great GPUs, but they are toxic to gaming industry and that is something I'll never support.

I'll rather pay 10% more every 2~4 years for AMD GPU than to support nVidia. It is not fanboysm, it is nVidia alienating me over decades.
    They managed to do it with PhysX 1st buyout, if it was allowed to die we would have universal physical engine by now.
    But they had to buy it as marketing tool, dropped support for original hardware. And stopped its evolution for good 5 years. Then as it got popular they decided that it will not be accelerated by GPU if you have both nV+AMD chip in PC.

Gameworks is PhysX marketing strategy on steroids. I doubt that game developers even know which features have 2 code paths (CPU versus CUDA). Therefore they develop game and for nVidia some effects are accelerated by CUDA and for AMD it gets on CPU hogging it for main game thread/driver/...

Promise that PhysX 3.xx will be multithreaded automatically unless developer decides to limit threading for CPU was pretty empty.
    (or they managed to persuade all developers using it to limit it)

I see no positives in using gameworks, I do not want it to be part of industry and therefore I'll vote against it with my money.
    And with hope that other people who understand its impacts will do same.

17. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    If you guys can't take a joke, you should get off the internet. You got people insulting calling other trolls, fa**s, etc, but simple jokes are hard to swallow?!

18. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    That's why I did not respond to the first one ;) one bad joke was ok, two bad jokes I'm telling you that you are being rude, third one you are lucky we are on a forum :p :p

19. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    I don't mind a joke neither but you made 2 about his ethnicity, because you disagreed with him.
    I disagree with his opinion too but never made a remark about his country or ethnicity.
    And i joked too by the way.:p

20. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    What is so bad about posting a video of joey cursing in italian, which he himself said that it means nothing? I've been on the internet for ages and seen people calling germans nazis, all arabs/muslims regarded as terrorists, americans as dumb fatasses, and others as they see fit, but saying something about an italian that isn't insulting in the first place that is a no no.

Make a joke about me , but I don't take threats very well so you might want to keep those for yourself ;)