Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocksteady_Studios
    ~160 as of 2015

and only 4 peeps working on the engine? What, were the 156 people busy on a 'team building' exercise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_Knight#Development
    Other than AA, origins was the only batman game that was in a perfectly playable state on release. Origins did suffer from a game progress bug, though i myself never encountered it.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  2. Poseidon

Poseidon Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 Gaming
    Well they nailed the 1,5k negative comments on Steam :D

3. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    The PC port was made by Iron Galaxy Studios, not Rocksteady.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    your're confusing porting with developing. The interview is with Rocksteady employees. Iron Galaxy Studios certainly didnt make the game engine, they only made the core game x86/windows compatible.

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Oh you are a little star, thank you.

I can confirm that making the following ini edits dramatically improved performance on my game (file set to read only)

Turning off motion blur crashes the game. I now get 35-40fps with the occasional sudden frame drop. The game is now at least playable and although I'm not sure which one of the ini changes made the biggest impact I'm just damn glad the game now performs something like what it should have done.

Thanks again! :D

6. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Alright. For a reason I'm not able to pinpoint the game is now completely unstable. And textures simply don't load at all.

Graphics wise without any Gameworks effects it looks on par with the console versions. The game is complete, graphically speaking but performance is incredibly inconsistent.

I don't want to come across as hyperbolic (God knows some people are overreacting these days) but this might be the worst PC version of these past 5 years. Like, even Unity was not anywhere near as broken.

The benchmark runs really well but the actual game ? Not at all, assets streaming is 100% busted if you want to play at 60fps and it stutters at every corner.

This is the PC equivalent of AIDS.

7. Poseidon

Poseidon Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 Gaming
    You are welcome. Yes turning the motion blur for some players crash the game. I added that info on the steam thread.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    True, but at least it's fun reading all the forums after they released this sh1tstorm.

9. Gojden

Gojden Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    I turned on motion blur and DOF to avoid the glide crash but now my game (after 5 minutes) crashed due to lack of RAM (8GB).

The funny thing is that it seems to run pretty good even with all Nvidia Game Works settings but these common crashes and forced to play with motion blur and DOF just makes me want to wait.

Is it true this game is using Denuvo? That's disappointing considering it's already on Steam.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I read a lot of complaints about bugs with Origins on release day, and it look's like this was ported by the same people.

By delay I meant delay the PC version.

11. Poseidon

Poseidon Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 Gaming
    Yes game is using Denuvo

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    can i play this game with my saitek flight yoke system?

and yes iam bored at work -_-

13. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    I resorted to capping at 30 as the stutters were doing my nut in, Arkham City in DX11 runs like a dream compared to this. So I'm sitting hear playing at 30 frames and thinking why did I just not go with the ps4 version instead? Meh.

14. Poseidon

Poseidon Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 Gaming
    Unlock to 60fps here http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/594821545178755667/

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I know it's mentioned already... I just had to screenshot it.. I didn't believe it *__*

[​IMG]

The previous games run really good for me.... I don't understand how it can run so bad.

16. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    The question is: why you do not refund the game?Ofc if you buy it from Steam.
    And keep in mind that: Do not buy day1 any new game.
    Wait for some 3-4 patches and ofc some summer-winter sale. :D

Now all who buy day1 this game are Beta Testers.Sorry for you.

17. Poseidon

Poseidon Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 Gaming
    Yep the game got around 1,5k negative reviews on steam

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    33% (positive), wow :D

19. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Oh god.. I just checked it on meta critic as well.
    [​IMG]
    ... Well, looking forward to the inevitable damage control and statements regarding the PC version.

20. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    My english may be unclear, sorry for that.
    It would be interesting to have some interviews from Iron Galaxy's employees by the way, as I'm not playing on a PS4 (and the PS4 version of the game is running as it should).

Developing a game/engine meant to run on a PS4 won't magically make it run on another platform. Rocksteady has made some changes to UE3 and created the assets/scripts to make a game that runs on a PS4. Iron Galaxy Studios was in charge of the development required to make this "base" work on PC.

I hope it'll be clearer this way.

We can see the result, as sad as it is : horrible lod/assets streaming/textures, FPS lock to hide performance issues (though badly implemented and creating other issues), and the crappiest DRM ever on top of that.

The PS4 version ends up running better and looking better @ 1080p, Nvidia Gameworks stuff aside.. What a mess.

Note : I'm a developer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.