AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Jun 22, 2015.

1. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    Geez we'd really need to split the forums.

All these sad CF and SLI users filling all the driver posts. Still wondering why you do not sell your graphics cards and buy the most powerfull single card on the market every year. Really, you must be masochist to go through all these problems, for what? Playing 4k with stuttering?

Buy some hi-quality 1080p screen + the best single chip card on the market each year and enjoy your damn games. I would really like to see how the drivers perform for the majority of people compared to previous ones instead of having to read through all the CFs complaints, really I feel your pain but you should have learnt by now that CF and SLI setup is a pain, in the end you should only blame yourself if you keep losing time trying to make it work. Maybe it will work in the future with DX12, but since it was born it never worked properly, it is very hit or miss (with a lot of miss), it is childish to get into something that is known for its bad functioning and then complain about it like you did not know...

And yes, this is a boring day at work, sorry for the wall of text :)

2. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF

lol even titan-x is not working fine. Nvidia gameworks at it's best. I thought it's to make a game look good and optimize it for their hardware. This just shows that no one should support companies using Nvidia gameworks. All gamework titles works like crap. I was about to pre-order a 980ti hof but after this title and many others not working as it should even on nvidia hardware I'm not going to go Nvidia right now. I will stay with my current hardware and wait for dx12 to come out.

I must say BF4 has been running great. Mantle was not the best experience but at least the game ran good when it launched. Not great but better than most other games. Nvidia raving about failworks is just laughable...HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  3. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Yes, developer made it easy mode for player, pausing the game now and then so player has more time to think his next move /sarcasm off

Seriously, the game just looks horrible. Surely they could run it better if they just lowered the details?

4. Rodaxx

Rodaxx Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290x DD
    Seriously?

There shouldn't be any "GameDrivers" existing at all.

Gamedevs need to do better optimizing.

this wasnt a thing 10 years ago.

There should be performance drivers though. For overall computing performance not for single games!!

5. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-300-Series.aspx

This release provides***8203;***8203; support for the new ***8203;AMD Radeon 300 series products for Microsoft Windows® and includes optimizations for Batman™: Arkham Knight.

7. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Member

GPU:
    Giga GTX 980Ti Xtreeeme
    Anyone able to link an alternate Catalyst 15.6 for W8.1 64-bit? Downloading at like 20KB/s from AMD site...

8. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    And adding to that the fact that some off the R9 300 range are just rebadges cards, then OOPS they did it again. As A stupid R9 280X owner oops 7950 owner, This whole AMD fiasco is tiring for me and unless you are buying the top of the line cards then you'll almost certainly just end up with another re-badged old card and that'll be regrettable when AMD disable something in that in the future like VSR for R9 280X. I think the moral of the whole AMD story is only buy there flagship card and don't even think of crossfire unless it's a fairly old game that doesn't actually require it. I used to love AMD hardware until I brought my re-badged 7950/280X but always knew how abysmal their drivers were so took my chances with the drivers but alas they have gotten worse not better :(

9. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    There you go.
    AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Win8.1x64.

10. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    So I quess best experience is 1040 drivers + 15.6 dll's combined?

11. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    Just test it with and without the 15.6 dll's and you will know if those Batman optimizations are really there.

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    What?

13. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    Yeah i thought the same.
    Let's just stop high res gaming all together and buy a 1080p screen.:p

14. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Damn these lazy ass Italians, good for nothing but talking and throwing their financial problems on the rest of the EU. Get to work.

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Why not go a step further and buy an X1 and be happy with 900p/30FPS.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Haha, rekt. :D

17. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Guest

GPU:
    980Ti
    LOL, why i cant enjoy a cf/sli when i pay like 1000€ For that? Dai cazzo...

18. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    Because you WILL NOT enjoy it, that's why :banana:

19. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seriously wth is this? I don't plan to play these two games but what is crap?

Btw both are u4 games, which leaves me wondering about the engine optimization for future games on amd hardware.

20. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Guest

GPU:
    980Ti
    ***pling plon***

Dear amd, still waiting For assetto corsa crossfire profile

***plon pling***