AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Rivers23

Rivers23 Member

GPU:
    amd 7670m
    This is typical Nvidia Gameworks shenanigans. AMD probably saw the game's code for the first time yesterday. Nvidia pays the developers to optimize for their cards and ban the developers from letting AMD even see the code before the game releases.

But yeah, go buy overpriced Nvidia cards and condone this behavior. You're playing right into their hands with this. Instead of shaming AMD, go shame Nvidia and Rocksteady for signing a contract to annoy AMD users into buying Nvidia cards.

And CFX users should stop whining, you're not a priority. Even Nvidia, who has been cooperating with the developers for monhts during the devlopment has big SLI problems.

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I believed this too before Batman. It took a lot longer for The Witcher 3/Project CARS.

3. Rivers23

Rivers23 Member

GPU:
    amd 7670m
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/594821545178170286/

''CAN'T PLAY THE GAME BECASUE IT'S TOO LAGGY, I HAVE 27 FPS
    Wtf, last week I bought a new computer. It has a GTX Titan X, Intel core 17 4790K and 16gb ram wtf. Rocksteady wtf I will ***9829;***9829;***9829;***9829;ing hate you forever ***9829;***9829;***9829;***9829; you go to hell.''

''Same. Slideshow on GTX 970 with the game freezing for 1 second or more plus constant micro-stuttering. Patch will sort i'm sure.''

''970 gtx sli, i7 4790k, 32gb ram
    Stuttering like there's no tomorrow, slowdowns everywhere, holy ...king **** I want to punch whoever granted permission for this awful garbage game to reach gold status''

''Yeah, I also have a good machine and with everything on low I get 27 fps using the car.''

''I'm using the current AMD beta drivers (released today) and the frames are high, im getting constant 55-70 fps no stutter at all''

''GTX970 16GB RAM i7-4790k stock. Crashed 3 times in 12 minutes''
    ''gtx 770, game runs so bad i'm getting popups telling me to lower my settings
    shaders low, shadows low, AA/AO/Bloom/Blur off, terrain detail medium, 15 fps, bluescreen''

''Can't speak for Nvidia, but download the Driver update for AMD Catalyst and it runs fine
    I run at max with below minimum specs so... you should be fine''

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I believe the current insiders will also have to remain insiders, which is fine :). As long as people use the insider programme correctly. This means giving feedback, suggestions etc., and not just whingeing that something doesn't work properly. Of course, you can discuss issues after submitting feedback, but just don't expect things to be resolved if you don't let them know it's an issue in the first place.

People who installed the insider preview and are not part of the programme (again, this is a lot of people apparently), well, too bad! Sounds harsh, but it's fair.

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    You talk about criticism or complaints as whinging... A lot of people do actually.
    I'm an insider and have reported maybe bugs and general UI things. 2 of which were fixed (DX12, DXVA).

6. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Looks like AMD is back on schedule :D

7. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
  8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  9. mustrum

mustrum Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 TI
    Yep still no ED crossfire. So basically this driver does support ONE game and that one not really? Way to go.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Link please. Because while nVidia does in DX11 MT twice as good as AMD (Since they are stuck in ST), AMD does 9 times better in DX12 than nVidia in DX11 and consequently 18 times better than they do in DX11.
    (Source Anand and others)

So link please.

11. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Get yourself a GTX 770, run the CPU overhead test for yourself and see the difference. I don't need to link to anywhere.

Edit:

For your entertainment:
    [​IMG]

Edit: Oh, now I see. I made a typo. I meant to write "equivalent nvidia card scores higher in DirectX 11 CPU overhead tests compared to AMD's DirectX 11 and not DirectX 12. Sorry, that was posted at like 4 am in the morning.

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No need to do all that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    What're your CPU overhead scores compared to the results above? (Check the Single GTX 770 results.)

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    [​IMG]

15. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I guess the results are incomparable, since they were done on different resolutions.

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It's irrelevant what my score is really you have the chart above showing you all you need to know.

17. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    My bad. He pointed out to a typo of mine. I wrote DX 12 instead of DX 11. Scores from two different APIs are not comparable, are they? I was kinda in awe when he mentioned DirectX 12, then I read the bold part, and figured out that I made a typo.

18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    nvidia has also issues with sli currently if you didn't know..

19. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Doesn't ed crossfire already work? There might not be a official profile but ED works just like normal with crossfire, I get about 70% scaling, just make sure crossfire is on for games that don't have profiles.

20. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Just make sure you keep to a single 980ti. Nvidia has SLi issues with the game as well.

Don't forget to post back and let us all know how much better your single 980ti was than your crossfire setup.

I know I like my R9 270 a lot more than I liked my dual 5770s. Dual GPU just isn't where it needs to be yet. On BOTH sides of the fence.