AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Jun 22, 2015.

1. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    The answer to that question is 1440p :) I clean my drivers with DDU every time I install a new (or old) one. Even installed on a clean format with the same issues.

Anyways, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY PEOPLE! I GOT AN INFRACTION FOR MY OPINION OF THE DRIVERS AND LISTING THE REASONS FOR MY PURCHASE TODAY

I'm not bragging and not hating on the mod who gave it to me. I just don't want to see anyone else get in trouble for what they are saying in here. Don't ban me!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  2. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Probably because it offers extra benefits to older GPUs, and they want to ride the wave of making the newer redbadges look better than they are for a little while before unifying them.

3. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    DX11 is almost dead. I am very excited how the DX12 performance will be ?
    ...first games already appear this year.

4. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Like AMDMatt is going to address any of this. It'd be nice, though!

5. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Oh wow, just because nvidia has issues with SLI in a title that just got released makes nvidia drivers plagued with issues, eh? Look at the amount of CrossFire owners complaining in this forum, and not just about one particular title, but multiple titles, ranging from titles released last year to this year. Far Cry 4, Assetto Corsa, Witcher 3, Dying Light, Project Cars, even GTA V. These are no longer even mentioned in the issues list. At least nvidia's honest about their issues, whereas AMD is not. Yes, you'll say that most of these titles are gameworks titles, those are blackboxed libraries and etc. but should this really be the consumer's headache? We're yet to receive an officially supported VSR enabled driver, whereas nvidia has DSR enabled drivers that supports cards ranging from GTX 400 series. Drivers are software and will come with issues, but the issues keep on piling up on AMD's side, but it's much less on nvidia's side. And lastly, who are you to tell people to buy consoles? As a consumer, they have the right to complain to vendors for proper software support for hardware they purchased with their hard earned money. The grass may always look greener, but never red.

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No crossfire support for Batman. Thanks.

7. Yvese

Yvese Guest

GPU:
    16GB
    All I'm saying is both sides have their issues. This is especially true if you add a second card to your setup.

Also.. DSR for GTX 400 series.. so what? You think those cards will even run the higher resolutions on recent games? If you run cards that old and want to run a higher res for older games, go check out GeDoSaTo.

8. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    Agree 100%

The overhead story is only on "guru3d.com" present.
    Nobody cares about, not a problem at all.

...but the 7000 Series should support VSR.
    ....many buyers around the world were very disappointed.

That was really naughty and a big fault from AMD:mad:

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Vulkan > DX12 :p

Out of curosity, who's even backing DX12? Last I heard, there were already a few big companies (Valve and Blizzard included) that planned on doing something with Vulkan. I haven't heard of anyone doing anything with DX12 though.

I'm highly doubting it was because of your opinion. It was likely the way you presented your opinion that got you the infraction (and I'm assuming it was presented in a very offensive way, but I don't know).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
  10. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    GeDoSaTo is a third party solution, is it not? AFAIK it's support is only limited to DirectX 9 games, not even DirectX 10. What if I wish to run Alien Isolation in 4K on a HD 7970? Wait.. you can't. It has some mysterious hardware scaler missing that doesn't allow it to use VSR, officially. Unofficially, they go up to 1440p whereas a GTX 580 can do 4K easily. I wanted to get a Fury, but I've already changed my mind. No HDMI 2.0, I'm not going to buy another monitor that supports Displayport 1.4a or shell out a hundred bucks for a display converter. AMD's driver support is indeed a joke, as much as I have loved and owned their hardware over the years, I have to admit this.

11. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    LINK
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/proje...-30-40-performance-boost-only-for-dx12-on-pc/

LINK

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/45940/gears-war-ultimate-edition-supports-dx12-4k-pc/index.html

LINK
    http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/de...-will-support-dx12-and-tressfx-3-(video).html

LINK
    http://www.criticaledge.net/showthr...p-DX12-as-requirements-for-holiday-2016-games

....even Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight will support DX12 via Patch !

http://www.gamepur.com/news/18647-b...3-will-get-dx12-support-patch-no-details.html

...and many many more off course.
    As i said DX11 is almost dead.:chainsaw2:

12. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I can assure you, he didn't present anything offensive. Don't know if the infraction he got was because of replying to a troll who's posts were deleted soon after. And I forgot it's actually risky to say anything negative about AMD or they might put your name in naughty list.

13. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Here ya go!

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5103495&postcount=36

:banana:

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Huh; guess I need to get back into gaming news :p Thanks for the info!

Hmm, guess I take back what I said then. Compared to what other posts I've seen in the past at this place, that doesn't nearly seem infraction-worthy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
  15. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Yeah it's whatever no biggie. I shouldn't be clogging up this thread talking about it anyways. Let driver talk continue!

16. Danielrsti

Danielrsti Guest

GPU:
    HD6870
    Funny thing, for the "old" cards, an old fork of drivers. Without the improvements of the 15.200.xxx series. Why? Theres no reason for that.:infinity:

17. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    There is ... how else would the new cards shine :bang:

18. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    No news on FreeSync support for CrossFire either. It surely isn't an issue, right? I mean half the games that gets released requires CrossFire to be disabled for best performance anyways.

19. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    We have asder00, vbs and PRMinisterGR for that. Seriously, the amount of contribution these three have made regarding AMD drivers outweighs anything AMD's official drivers have provided.

20. SimBy

SimBy Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    For all the multi gpu whiners here. I know there are not many, but they are vocal af.

DX11 will never have good multi gpu support. Just deal with it.

overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/amd_explains_dx12_multi_gpu_benefits/1