The Witcher 3 Best Performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Raziael, May 19, 2015.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    They are signed.

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    [​IMG]

15.15 for 390X
    15.5 Beta for 290X

EVERYTHING MAXED

Hairworks ON
    Hairworks ON
    Hairworks ON

3. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Yea i read that as well, and that is actually due to two factors,
    1. Higher clock
    2. Improved tessellation in the driver version 15.15 compared to the beta 15.5. [​IMG]

You can see here that the 290x delivers the same results with the modded version of the 15.15 ;)

4. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    I know, but I figured I would try disabling driver signatures anyways since nothing else was working.

EDIT: Just tried the drivers you recommended and they also don't work. WTF. WTF. WTF.

Am I missing something here? Are these modded drivers compatible with 7950's? Just installed 15.4 again flawlessly. This is ridiculous. I'm literally the only one this happens to.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    They work here so I presume so. Do you use DDU to remove previous drivers?

6. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Update your windows 7 (windows update)

7. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    You are a gentleman and a scholar asder! I'm just going to go ahead and do a full system restore and update from there. I'm over due for one anyways. I think you are right though. I've had Windows Update turned off for quite a while now.

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Funny thing is that 15.15 gives same fps boost in Witcher 3 HW=ON, as if you had Tessellation Max=16 in CCC.
    If you set CCC Tessellation at "Use application settings", or if you rename witcher3.exe - no fps boost. Hmmm...

Also - no improvements what-so-ever with 15.15 in Tessmark and in Unigine Heaven. Hmmm #2...
    And I see some weird Pcgameshardware 15.15 tessellation results in which more demanding tessellation settings ARE INCREASING their fps. Hmmm #3....

What are we to conclude, you tell me.

9. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    I can conclude that I'm one click away a 980 TI :banana: I'm seriously struggling to not press the checkout button.

I'll give it a month and if there isn't a half decent crossfire profile out I'm making the switch to Nvidia for the very first time in my life. The flickering man... it's just too much for me to handle. I'm still on 15.4 because everything else flickers worse. :bang: Can't play with a single card because I only get like 20 FPS.

My favorite game of all time wants to give me seizures.. :deadhorse:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB

20FPS? Reduce some settings man :D

11. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Well I'm playing at 1440p and I have no interest in making the game look worse because I spent the money on these cards to play with two cards, not one. I already have a bunch of settings turned down and am getting 30FPS in crossfire. All post processing except DOF off, shadows low, all textures high, no hair works, 16x tesselation in CCC, etc. Getting about 60%GPU usage on each card. I'm probably going to make the switch, but I'll wait a bit longer before I do. Just in case a decent profile comes out. These cards have run great on every other game, but I don't play those games anymore and an am o interested in the Witcher 3. I think a 980 Ti will give me a little future proofing with its 6Gb of memory and if needed I'll get another one and SLI. I'm in need of an upgrade anyways.

12. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    I'm with you there. Click away from buying dual 980 Tis. Still no ****ing crossfire profile for witcher 3. Also kind of concerned about the little 4gb framebuffer. 6gb isnt 12 of course, but its much better than 4, even if much slower.
    Is there even crossfire in dying light now? I passed it at 40 frames on one panel running at half of its resolution, 1920x1080 at 40 frames on my system. Shame.

13. afaque

afaque Member Guru

GPU:
    x1300/g210/hd5750/r9280x
    why not buy an r9 fury x?? coming out this 24th, no crossfire stutter and all, new gpu water cooling too, better performance than gtx 980ti as of benchmarks till now, i see it a better choice than 980 ti in every scenario, just wait in my opinion :)

14. Burningcoals

Burningcoals Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980 Ti SC+ @1450Mhz
    Because of all the upcoming gameworks titles, including the new batman game.

Because 980 Ti has a HDMI 2.0 port and Fury X does not.

Because of poor AMD driver support.

980 Ti overclocked to 1450-1500Mhz pretty much destroys anything for single card gaming. I will take a few less FPS for the ability to support gameworks games, and HDMI 2.0 to drive my new UHD TV at 4:4:4/60

I have x2 7950 sitting here, and I love my new 980 Ti, it did 20K 3dMark11. I get 90-122FPS in witcher 3 @ Ultra\Ultra with Hairworks 1080p, and 60FPS in 1440p.

Finally back on green team and I love it. I really don't see a reason to stay with AMD, since the last 2 years my 7950 crossfire setup was basically useless, and I had to endure the framegate with all the frametiming issues.

15. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Strange that you have no crossfire profile. I have had that since the 15.5 driver. Have some flickering in in menues, but very little in gameworld (mostly some puddles here and there). Also get 80-90 % usage on each card. The framerate vs single 7950 is almost doubled in many cases. And using ingame Vsync and framelimit via RTSS the stuttering is minimal..

It could be better (the occasional flickering), but to say that there is no profile is just a lie. Perhaps it works better on older cards? If thats true, then I agree that it is very bad from AMD..

16. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    There is no working profile. **** performance and a lot if flickering is no crossfire profile. Even in the driver description it says that there is a crossfire profile and then a little below that it says there is only performance improvements for single GPUs and right below that it says "To enable the best performance and experience in Crossfire, users must disable Anti-Aliasing from the games video-post processing options. Some random flickering may occur when using Crossfire. If the issue is affecting the game experience, as a work around we suggest disabling Crossfire while we continue to work with CD Projekt Red to resolve this issue"

YEA what an intelligent work around I've done all that and still stuttering and flickering.

17. Dana Scully

Dana Scully Guest

GPU:
    Amd r9 270 X2
    I use AMD Catalyst 15.x (15.200.0.0 May 28) and 15.15 dll's. 1080p, latest patch - but 1.03 user graphics settings (and by that patch's settings everything ultra but foliage high, no hairworks). FXAA ultra by RadeonPro (no AA-in-game), and better to 50fps limit by RP than 60fps limit in-game (also vsync from RP, not in-game). Haven't disabled temporal AA, because no effect with these driver settings and it's nice graphical feature (and no CCC changes). I can manage that my gpu usage is about max 80% with 50fps limit, because there are situations that can't handle 60fps contiously, so there's basically no fps-drop-spikes, glitches, stutters or whatever to call them - in Novigrad there might be few still, but not too disturbing (of course I can complain here another time and say otherwise, because I wanted them to be zero). The flickering is there, and maybe more in cut-scenes and puddles in Novigrad and so on, but it's not game-breaking for me because there aren't so many. But your money, your decision.

[Edit]And with 60fps-limit gpu usage up to 95% or more, don't recall the highest, so CFX profile is working.

18. k0rtes

k0rtes Guest

GPU:
    AMD r9 280x x2
    And because you can upgrade it to sli in future without waiting for a month for a crossfile profile.
    Actually amd hardware is good though driver support is horrible (crossfire at least).

19. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    You sold me on it.. Just placed an order for an EVGA 980 Ti. Selling my two 7950s for $175 to a guy I work with. So that well make the 980 Ti cost $505.

Not looking forward to taking apart my loop though!

20. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Well, I have very good performance and almost none flickering, and very little stuttering. So it's working for me, but as I said. Perhaps it works better on my older 7950\s for some reason..