980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I'm at 1443MHz on both cards with the stock voltage now, think I'm going to leave it at that, seems stable hitting 74c on the top card with a 1 to 1 fan profile and it's far quieter than my old 780Tis fans, very happy so far!

2. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    Got my card a couple of days ago. i get it to run solid at 1420 boost, and +300 on the memory. The card only hits 67c. Runs the nvidia new dawn demo 30 fps at 4k lol. still tweaking. gonna try a +125 on the core with +25 mv

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  3. tekin77

tekin77 Guest

GPU:
    Evga 690 gtx
    this might be a sill question...

but why is heaven reporting GPU memory @ 4095mb X2 ???

4. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    meh dont know how to post heaven benchmark. 1553 score ultra settings 8xAA at 1440p

5. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    AaaaaaaAAAAAA Scan have been telling me the Hybrids would be in stock every day and now they've pushed them back to 1st of July.
    Just gonna cancel on monday once I confirm they won't be getting any in to cover preorders, pay the extra £20 on OCUK and split shipping with my girlfriend on hers. Getting really tired of Scan now.

What's up with this stock crisis...

6. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    lol i didnt see you had sli.... i ran the demo at same settings and got in the 2500's was thinking wtf is wrong with my system.:wanker:

7. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Is there somedody having this one: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Gaming SOC ?
    Or the msigaming version of the 980 Ti ?

Is the vrm part of these two cards well cooled ?

looks good to replace my sli titans no ?

8. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I would run Heaven (10 passes for a final test) and Furmark (30 minutes for final) and run some intensive games for a while to see. I've had overclocks that could handle the heaven passes and furmark but then crashed in a game and I've also had it where it could handle heaven and games but then crashed in furmark. No 1 program is going to be the ultimate stability test.

Edit: EVGA OCScanner (furry e max memory test) is also good if you want to really stress the memory as well.

9. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I think it pulls its information from a database rather than directly from the card and I'm assuming that database isn't up to date.

GPU-Z displays the correct VRAM amount. :)

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes this could be a good upgrade then, I remember when you asked for 2x 980gtx? :D

GB got better, I think you can't go wrong with either brands.

Here is one GB thermal image from guru3d
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_980_ti_g1_gaming_soc_review,10.html

So ~76C @ VRM if im not mistaken, or bellow 88C.. Dunno how hot that is, although its not the coldest

Although R9-390X MSI variant seems to be very cool
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_radeon_r9_390x_gaming_8g_oc_review,10.html

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015

11. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Interesting, haven't gotten motion sick once yet with this card in Witcher 3 when using witcher senses despite it happening frequently with the 290. I wonder if that was happening because of the frame times.

12. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Oh yes i do remember that question, i was very enthusiast, lets say it this way :D

The Giga one seems awsome after i've read the long review here @ guru. just perfect.

Here in .Eu the giga is more expansive but what really matters the most is the vrm cooling, too much disappointment about that in the past.
    Jay Two Cent specificly said that the Giga version was ok on that point, dunno for the msi one suposedly yes

The R390x yes such a price !! and that modified pcb is huge, the vrm cooling on that one looks really efficient like you say!

not quiet shure to go for amd though. W&S

13. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    I got me a 980 Ti G1.
    Finally I can enjoy Witcher 3 with max settings but only at 1080 because my Swift is in the rma process.
    I am looking forward to see how it will perform at 1440 but so far is great.

14. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Nice, i will read your feedback on it :)
    I hope we'll be allowed to 1800p to be honest :p

What is a Swift ?

15. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Cooling is probably just as good or maybe just slightly worse on the EVGA ACX 2.0+. Haven't seen any direct comparisons but they look pretty close, they both have very nice VRM cooling. Easier to find the ACX one too.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015

16. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3

ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q
    http://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/

After using g-sync for 5 months I got used to it so much that going back to v-sync is a downgrade.

I feel like I am fasting :D.
    1 week with no g-sync already :bang:

17. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Actually the ACX is about 10 degrees cooler than the G1 at its hottest point. That backplate is really nice. :eek3:
    http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...a-geforce-gtx-980-ti-superclocked-acx-2-0/17/

18. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    So I know GSync is supposed to eliminate screen tearing without Vsync but do you still feel frame rate fluctuations like you would with a regular monitor? To me even a 5 fps fluctuation feels awful.

19. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    fps fluctuations on v-sync are bad but with g-sync when the fps is 70+ you will not feel the fluctuations as long as the fps will still be above 70, at least this is how it feels for me.
    I had 780Ti SLI and I could see the fluctuations but the the fps was above 70 so I was not affected.
    With a single 780Ti the fps was more stable, less fluctuations.
    My swift went bad before I could test 980ti on it but I am sure the performance will be even better.
    I am sticking with one gpu, no more sli for me.

You will have to try it for yourself to see the differences between v-sync and g-sync.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20