The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    BETA I don't know how your game did that but this is a perfect example for those people that want to have the cutscene stuff to actual gameplay..which is totally unplayable,hope to find a solution.
    (did you have read only the settings file in documents..? move to elsewere so game will make new one and tweak settings ingame as you like again)

Brogan,yes video works fine,(lol,same place I've cleaned right now)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  2. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    that is coming from a movie i think is lost in space is like a parody of star wars
    and they are suppose looking after princess Leia, In spanish is (PEINANDO EL DESIERTO) lol

3. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yea, I was exploring this area a week ago and I was level 12 or something and as soon as I saw the 2 wyverns over level 20, I nope nope'd out of there (I actually slid down the side of the mountain by accident and lived).

So last night I was in Novigrad and out of money (and it felt awesome, tbh) and I decided to do a red contract and that was the closest (23), so I decided to go for the double dragons. Wasn't expecting their dad tho, lol

Hey, I'm sure this has been discussed already, but is there any way currently to get rid of the color banding in the sky? None of the in game options or Nvidia control panel settings do anything and I don't see anything at Nexus.

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

hy, yesterday i was browsing the reshade forum, and stumbled upon this...

a Deband shader.. he also used witcher 3 for an example..

http://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/768-deband

im not shure its allready included in teh framework, or whatever he used..

maybe its worth to have an eye on this one...

strangely i dont have the problem, the banding here on my monitor is allmost zero.. (using an CRT monitor here)

the banding i also see a lot in movies and games when im at friends, they all have LCD or LED.. i think CRT gets it done way way better..

if u can use true 10bit with ur monitor, do it, it should get rid of the banding also..

MadVR´s anti banding is also superb, for watching movies and stuff. maybe someone ports the debanding shader from there, THAT would be very nice...

greetz

5. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    It'll be in the 1.0 release, which *may* be out this weekend, otherwise probably not too long after.

6. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Nice. I've never used Reshade, but I'd be willing to give it a try. Bookmarked. Thanks.

7. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I haven't seen that happen.

8. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Color banding will happen for 6bit+FRC matrix or even for true 8bit, having a 10bit panel will make a difference, however mostly games are the reason that banding is so much produced (some TVs uses their own processing and they reduce to almost zero but hey..TVs...) also good- CRT models are much better for color reproduction so they can't be compared with todays LCS panels. Still there are few monitor trully 10bit but they aren't for games. I don't think(but I hope) for a 10bit(or at least 8bit+FRC) gaming monitor..
    in Skyrim for example,sky uses a mesh file that has fair number of vertices but if they've made it with more than twice (so more than twice would be the arranged UVs too) then it would be almost impossible to see banding. The work for doing that however is very time demanding and not so easy. Dithering vs hard and careful work of developers...both would be the ideal and economic.True 10bit panel and careful work is..kinda living in Utopia today..
    That deband shader will make a major difference,however it's software can't be absolute without losses (Same goes for FRC trick companies use,cheap dithering yet better from not having it)

9. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Well I definitely plan on testing it out, seeing how much of a hit. Because while the banding is not a huge deal, and really only can be seen in certain conditions... when you do get it, it's a huge immersion killer because you can't not see it as you're playing.

10. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    At least is only on sky and mostly on upper area. Ofc it's the largest object on every game,imagine that it's only uses the same stuff as everything else for it's rendering (texture,mesh or whatever Devs prefer to call them).

Using an external shader/renderer for everything will effect..well..everything and not only the specific object that need advanced dithering,still we will see when published.
    (and now I am laughing for all these "fights" I used to have with so many people saying that SweetFX's "dither" is awesome and really bring more to any game..(big LOL here),it DOESN'T WORK AT ALL. Maybe Reshade or a renderer like Reband will make some for real(hoping with small loss in visual quality and not performance hungry).

Also don't forget that games do NOT generate 10-bit output.

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Couldn't find anything. It may have been that I forgot to increase voltage on my gpu, was using old precision-x.
    Am now updated to latest Afterburner so I don't have to set it manually anymore :)

12. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    So you don't think it will be possible to utilize this *only* for the color banding fix? Disable everything else?

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Sixty four hours played and still can't get my head around how to play gwent. Guess I should have tackled it more earlier on instead of so blatantly ignoring it.

14. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Hahaha welcome to the club...

I'm guessing we didn't learn it because it was imposed upon us at a time when we didn't really want to learn a card game?

Plus I woulda liked it if they made it just a tad simpler... but that's just me!

15. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

hey,

deleting the usersettings etc, didnt work, it was back after the cutscene..

anyway, i just disabled DOF in teh whole game..
    theres no DOF to be found now, haha. runs better and looks better now again..But in some Cutscenes, i do miss teh dof effect, some scenes are just made for it..

anyway, i play it without dof for now..
    But i wish i could get the Uebersampling back in the game..But it tanks way too much fps :(

Greetz

16. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    I was the same to begin with. Then I just got rid of all those strength 1 cards. Foltest siege master and a lot of siege units reks face.

Monster decks are super powerful as well if biting frost doesn't make it into the deck.

17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I'm sooo in the clueless Gwent players club. (100+ hours in)

18. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I sometimes experience this but I think my cause might be different. I use the cutscene lighting mod on the nexus and every once in a while after coming out of a conversation it's as if the high dof used gets stuck on.
    Sorry if it doesn't help but I thought it could be relevant.

~~~

I'm maybe the worst gwent player there is.

19. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Hm,maybe you did mess with ini files in game's folder and you forgot about it..?
    Verify your files.

20. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I decided to ignore it after the first time I played. I haven't played since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.