Lian Li Expands Desk Lineup with DK-Q2 and DK-03 Desk Chassis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    welp, that looks like one mighty fine yard grill!

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
  4. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    Fail, the pcie extender block all other pcie.

5. The Reeferman

The Reeferman Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Very nice case, and it should be for that money. $999 to $1499. You can buy a couple PCs for that money. But never the less, efficient space saving solution, if you don't need to store other things is your desk. Or maybe take the legs off and mount it to the sealing :cool:
    And looks like they include a pci-x extension cable. Need to see a picture with everything connected, will look somewhat less clean.

6. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    Way over priced for what they are.

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It can only fit 2 graphics cards, not hardcore enough... but the fact that they only include 1 extension cable for a card is unbelievably lame. They're charging $1K-$1.5K for this thing and they stinge out on cables. They also cheaped out on hard drive cages, instead of including 5 to fit 10 HDDs they include 2. What?!

Makes me wonder what other corners they cut, and by that I mean it makes me think they cut corners on anything and everything possible. Seriously, am I the only one who thinks what they've done with this is beyond unacceptable?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  8. KipH

KipH Guest

GPU:
    ATI R9 290
    You forgot to link the one with me in it :(
    LOL. I can't link as I am new. I can try to cheat: go to the you tube and look for 5yEZe-wtPhg or the LIAN LI DK-03. That's me!​

The Tek did a good talk about it. The blocking of PCI is something I hope the RnD can fix, but or now, you can use 2 GPU and a 1/2 height card on the riser and/or perhaps some other 1/2 height cards, if there is any CPU side of the GPU slots.

Air flow is OK. Not great but OK. Water cooling does help a lot. You can add more fans on the back, but the water cooled systems I have seen don't benefit much from them unless you need to tweak pos/neg pressure.

As for price, remember to add up a good desk and a good Lian Li case. The total is about what you pay for these. Its high, but not out of the world.
    HDD cage? You can fit plenty of HDD natively in the case, the cages are just for some flexibility and additions. You can fit 7 on one side and 3 on the other. How many do you need?

Feel free to ask me any more questions about these or any other Lian Li products.

Thanks
    Kip

9. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    They could have done so much better with this concept. First of all, the graphics cards and power supply should exhaust directly out the rear of the desk. It says they both have 4 fans on each side of the desk but I don't see any on the left unless they are intakes from below.

10. is910

is910 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx Titan x
    Hi KipH,

Btw DK 02X & DK Q2 or DK03, which should i get? I need to get 1 due to the space constraints in my room. I dont intend to watercool. And my gpu is titan x so airflow must be very good. Please advise.

Thank you!

11. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    if you had r9 280x you would need more airflow than for titan X.

advised.

you can chill with any of those, one 120mm pushing out hot air is sufficient. 4 of them would make noise and lower temps by 1-2 C which is nothing short of stupid.