AMD Radeon R9 Fury X - Official Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 19, 2015.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    If its equal or faster than 980ti but it is cheaper, i think its not a brainer. I dont know why im so excited to see those benchmarks, im not even planing to upgrade :D

2. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    Just browsed one of the online shops here:
    Cheapest 980(ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Omega) - 550€
    Reference 980Ti(made from Palit) - 700€

Ouch :(

3. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    The price of tech over here is generally more expensive anyway, but not doing a global price drop is pretty shady. So much politics in GPU's now a days!

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Wouldn't a €10 Display Port to DVI-D adapter/dongle do the trick? Or don't those work well?
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Fury cards were packaged with one of those either, as I remember all the AMD cards I've had came with a plethora of adapters, many of which I haven't seen boxed with Nvidia cards. Then again, it might differ from board partner to board partner.

Although sad, it isn't anything new. Both Nvidia and AMD have pulled off lowering prices in the US and keeping them high in Europe and other parts of the world before, after all.

Back on topic though, these Fury X benchmarks look alright, although the cherry picking of settings make them unreliable.
    I hope the Fury X can keep the performance up in unbiased benchmarks including those that go over the video memory limit of various cards at the highest settings from review sites, too.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015

5. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Please don't get them started again..

6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    So much of ^this^

I'm staring to think some folks are batsh!t crazy when it comes to GPUs. People seriously think Nvidia downgrades or abandons tech so they can sell more of the newer stuff (as if they had a problem selling it at all). That makes complete business sense and you guys should totally see if you can be the new CEO of AMD. They need it and you all are clearly business savvy.

7. MasterfulSaber

MasterfulSaber Guest

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 970|RL2455HM
    If Fury X beats GTX980ti that is well and good, if Titan X beats Fury X then that is also good news since it(Titan X) at least needs to justify its $350 give or take, higher price tag.

8. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Ding dong...AIB 980Ti's are already ripping Titan X' guts out in case you haven't noticed.

[​IMG]

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Dude, you do realize that once you take away VAT, the MSRP is the same as the U.S.. Serious clickbait article there, one of the comments tears it down:

10. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I absolutely love the form factor for that sort of performance, about time.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    dude and why would you take away VAT?

you are wrong. MSRP is a street price, not a starting point to add all kind of taxes and duties.

there was/is a price drop and it only affected US market

12. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    So true, these forums become absurd fanboy bait sometimes....

13. WoenK

WoenK Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Facts are things that are proven and exist in reality.
    One fact is, that most gamers not do use a resolution higher than 1080p and for those 4GB is more than enough. Most gamers do not even play on a PC.
    Sure, those with enough money will not care how much they spend but those do not fill the companies pockets.
    It's like Toyota and Lexus, profits come from mass markets.

I think the real killer card is going to be the Fury Nano ...
    Small,efficient and not too pricey.

And the next real innovation will be when AMD puts HBM on a CPU ..could make the "traditional" RAM slots obsulete in the future.
    One day we might simply switch the processor for better graphics or more RAM ...
    OK, Intel wil surely also add another TOCK, but as long as their GPU are not on the same level as AMDs small red might make quite some profits again.

14. MasterfulSaber

MasterfulSaber Guest

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 970|RL2455HM
    The Benchmark leak above clearly doesn't state an AIB GTX980ti against Fury X.:)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  15. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    I think one reason why AMD chose the settings the way they did was to reach at least around 40 FPS average per title at 4K. Or in other words, they configured the games in a way that you can actually play the game. I mean how useful are Ultra settings when they reach only 10 fps? Ok, maybe the 980TI would reach 12 if that test, or 9, but in any case the game is unplayable.

16. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    There wasn't a price drop, the 980 Ti was released at $650, period. The KitGuru article is clickbait based on a random retailer listing prices before everyone else (and still charging more).

17. mcfart

mcfart Guest

GPU:
    HD 5970
    I imagine the Fury X crashes and burns when that 4GB of VRAM is used. They knew they'd take heat if they removed AA, but less heat for 0x AF.

Regarding Hilbert's responses to manufacturer slides, I'm sure he is more excited when the slides are impressive, because manufacturers can't outright lie, but "manufacture" situations to favor their GPUs.

However, these slides range from no difference to maybe an 8FPS improvement in older games like Sleeping Dogs and Skyrim (and W3 surprisingly). While 8FPS is definitly a noticeable boost compared to the 980TI, these are manufacturer slides. I'd expect to see the best of the best here where HBM dominates GDDR5...which I thought would happen in lower resolutions like 1440P, where the 4GB VRAM isn't being threatened.

I'm a bit disapointed that HBM isn't better then what we're seeing here. I thought dat 4096bit bus width would simply blaze in ~1440P and 4k situations that use under 4GB VRAM.

18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Unfortunately not as most of them don't handle a 1440p - 120hz output, you'll have to go for one of the more expensive ones that's about 100$ ...

19. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    Wait, where are my euro signs on the site page? :D :D :D :D
    [​IMG]

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    ok.... but +100 euros for 980 Ti on top of the usual US = EURO conversion, is NOT explainable by weak euro

On top of that there are NEVER EVER any bargains in EU. Prices are so much more competitive in US, and here in EU it's getting worse.