Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC DirectX 12 Confirmed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 17, 2015.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I never could fathom the whole having to pay a subscription to play a multiplayer game on a console... it is basically the main reason I haven't even looked at current consoles, people have told me you get free games when you subscribe... so?.... so do PC gamers, and you don't need to pay subscriptions to play them multiplayer.

If you find value in having to spend money to play a multiplayer game on a console then awesome, good for you.

Then the idea of streaming a game from a console to a pc.. another thing I don't understand, why would anyone in their right mind even think of doing this?

Why not just release the game on a PC *shrugs*

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    X1 is getting DX12 this year

this collection is getting DX12 because it's basically a port

3. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    So they throw pc gamers a bone which is really just to push windows 10, and are mum on actually bringing GOW4 to PC. Same old Microsoft, still has people thinking they aren't lying when "really guys we are going to make an effort in pc gaming, seriousl! this time we mean it, I swear guys! here look a remaster!"

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    They won't bring GOW4 to the PC, same with any new Halo stuff, it would be idiotic of MS to put either game on the PC.

I also doubt we would see any old Halo stuff either which i would be more disappointed with.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What's bad with remakes is that they ran out of ideas and need to remake old stuff and this is just pathetic. Common M$ be at least a little creative.

I dissed anything Capcom remaked lately because I sure won't play same bs again, "slightly improved" gfx ain't gonna cut it :rolleyes:

If they made a new sequel out of GOW then ok.. But not this..

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nah, i would rather "HD remakes" of old games than sequels to those old games as you know what you're getting.

It's like preferring to watch a 4k version of an old favourite movie instead of the brand new sequel to that old movie.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And what if you didn't liked that old stuff much, in GOW case it got boring after a while and now same old stuff again?

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    There is that, but there is more than enough new stuff out as well.

I agree the first game was dull and repetitive after a while, but they have to start somewhere.
    These remasters give people a chance to either replay something with better tech, or give new people a chance to play the old game but without having to put up with dated visuals.

They are all optional purchases, and i might be getting older but i get more excited about remasters of old(er) games than i do about brand new games.

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    yes, M$ ARENT PC gaming, they provide an OS and a gfx API and linux provides both also albeit a different implementation. Yes they are the major player on PC, which is more to my point they mistreat PC gamers and if you dont see that..........

Sorry i just dont trust M$ at all
    Good for you, the Win 10 thing does look good on paper but like i said i dont trust M$ to tie you into some Store crap, lets see, looking good so far.

Honestly man, i dont know how you can have such a short memory of the **** that was GFWL, corrupting saves, **** it took me 7-9 hours to recover a GTAIV save, i lost my Batman AA save along with my Gears Of War save due it deciding its corrupt.

Sorry man no, lol

10. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    i welcome this. i remember playing gears for the first time on a friends xbox years ago and was pleased when it was ported to pc. i actually had to buy from austria since it wasn't available in germany. will definitely be getting this and hope for more titles of the franchise being released on pc.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes I had this thought too.

IMO original Gears of War looked amazing, was really impressed.
    It had big spaces, real 3d blood, very dynamic shadowing, detailed monsters shading, lots of post processing, etc., but then I stopped ~ 3-4th level, always lost interest:infinity:

What bothered me now is why they kept old "newer" U3.x version.. Its nothing special anymore, would be logical to import to U4E true next gen dx12 gfx, win10 thing, etc.
    At least it would look great :cool:

I guess they worried it would be too demanding, U3E runs ok on any dx11 hw, U4E not so much..
    Min 680gtx/770gtx, 7970/280x, if you want "max" settings @ 1080p and somewhat fluid gameplay. For example new Kite U4E demo.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    But the Ultimate Edition coming to PC this year will use DX12.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    How funny would it have been had they announced Halo 2 for Windows 10 with DirectX 12.

xD

*edit*

Wait... no.. I take that back.. that would not be funny I would cry irl.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  14. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I would kill for an Unreal Tournament 3 remaster.

Wouldn't play this if it was free.

Gears has the grand distinction for popularising garbage shooters.

15. Adil0n

Adil0n Guest

GPU:
    POV GTX 470 1Gb
    Who cares about this? really... this game it's not so old to need a remaster, and now they say maybe GOW4 it's going to make it to PC, and what about the other 2? I think this is just gimmicks to bring people to Win10 and DX12 market, I have already have GOW on PC and because of this GFWL the game it's totally broken and they will probably do the same thing with this remaster and they won't bother to fix anything.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And yet people were fine, even excited for the Metro Redux games? Or, the Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition.

OR... Dark Souls DX11.

There are many, many newer games that are churning out remakes/remasters quicker.
    At least this one has the possibility of leading to bringing more to the PC in the chance of the other Gears of War titles.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    More importantly this isn't just any IP, this is an IP that has only ever graced the PC in a very singular one off kind of way and back then was met with a pretty luke warm reception additional features and all. The fact we are even getting a double dip after that is all the more surprising.

We've had Halo and other such dominant console centric IP's in various guises on PC but never this one. Personally I hope it leads to even more coming our way in future.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes @ improved U3E, that DX12 part means **** at this point..

Imo U4E or bust :p

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If they release Halo 3 and 4 on PC I would cry happy manly tears...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015