Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DSparil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    They buy in bulk. That would be their main source.

2. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I'm finding they are out of stock or when you click on it,the price goes from $20 to $30.. Why is that?

3. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Great game so far, I am loving it! Quick question (to anyone who knows): Will there be an opportunity to use any other character portraits, or do you just create the one main character at the beginning? I hope I get to use more than one for other characters! I installed a portrait pack and it would be a shame to only be able to use ONE for the entire experience.

Someone mentioned you can change them anytime, but how and where do you do this? Haven't seen the option.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You can change the portraits any time.

5. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    ^ how and where?

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Sorry, on my phone now, but google is your friend.

7. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Google doesn't have any concrete anything on it. People on the Steam forums said you can only do it when you're creating a new character at an inn (hiring help) and that you cannot change NPC's or existing characters.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hold on, what portrait pack are you talking about? I simply downloaded .png portrait files and manually relaxed them.

9. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
  10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

11. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    ^ lol no no no, the problem isn't the portraits or the packs, the problem is it is not clear when you can use them in game and where, ASIDE from creating a new character. There appeared to be no option to change party member portraits or yours once the game has begun. I've pretty much concluded you can only use a new portrait when you create a new character at an inn and cannot modify NPC's and recruited party members. I think we have this one solved :)

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    All you have to do is replace the portrait files, you can do that any time.

13. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I've noticed what may be a bug in the Priest build. I have noticed after using two different saves to level up my Priest differently that neither Inspired Radiance or the "self only" version of it (should be +10 accuracy with sword) works properly. I pulled up the stats and the accuracy bonuses are not applied to any party members or self when the Radiance is cast. They ALL have the burn damage that is akin to the Briliant Radiance instead of the bonuses they should have.

14. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
  15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ That trailer was pointless lol

I was watching it with the hopes of seeing something interesting, some new gameplay or something.. I am disappoint.

17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I have Pillars,but haven't even fired it up yet. I'm Playing Divinity Original Sin. That game is a blast! I love the turn based combat. I don't think I like the pause type combat. Its like that in Dragon age and it didn't really inspire me. Things happen too fast. Not sure if I would like Pillars,but I'll give it a shot at some point.

18. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    lol yeah, that was not a very inspiring trailer. It looks like more of the same, but in a different setting (possibly winter) with a couple new things. I'll probably pick it up depending on the price, but I have yet to finish the original so I am still trucking at that! I stopped playing for a while due to a bug I identified with my priest, because I thought it was a build breaker, but the guy at Obsidian told me the patch will be retroactive for characters, so were gtg.

19. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
  20. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I'm having a hard time wanting to even start this game. Sound very tedious. Sounds like the combat is a smaller part of the game. I'm thoroughly enjoying the combat in Divinity Original Sin. I'm not a fan of pausing and unpausing a game and giving your 6 party goers individual orders. Sounds like a drag to me. Then watching them all go nuts at once. I like really cool weapon and magic effects. Where DOS shines is in its interaction with fluids,that was a stroke of genius. Someone make an argument for Pillars,I own it,but I haven't had any ambition to even try it.