The Witcher 3 Receives New Free DLC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is getting some free new downloadable content: Happy DLC Day, everyone! Regardless of whether you have already completed your playthrough of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or if you...

The Witcher 3 Receives New Free DLC

2. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Ha, i wondered why there is no Wolf school set in the game :)

3. unclesina

unclesina Guest

GPU:
    1 GB HD 7730 @ 955/5860
    Hell yeah.Just installed patch 1.06.Cant get enough of this masterpiece.Geralt is my favortite hero of all times.Unlike ubisoft games that are just a rubbish console port witcher 3 is well optimized for pc platform.Even me with my extremely budget gear can play it smooth butter on HD(30-40 FPS).Well done CD Projekt RED u guys are awesome.

4. I'd be really happy if they could fix crafting and make a map/quest tracking system worthy of a "master tracker". I'd be content with having just that as a DLC.

The sluggish, clunky map in a letterbox and ability to track only one quest ruins my mood everytime. I don't mind having the length of the game shortened as a result, but allowing only one quest to be tracked is a cheap tactic to extend gameplay. It doesn't add to the game. It only makes the game a chore to play.

5. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    i was playing last night and was doing the wolf school armor quests and i had fight one them big monsters with the zebra stripes and hairy maine like a lion , the hairworks effects on that creature are amazing i could never play without hairworks i love it

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Not to sound like an elitist or anything, but seriously?

No offense at all, but your expectations on graphical performance must be pretty low to find 30fps smooth [on a pc]

Maybe on a console playing on a TV from 10 feet away, but two feet away from a computer monitor? nahhhh

I will agree with you though on CDPR.. the game really is a masterpiece. I had high expectations and this game absolutely met all of them. The game looks great and plays great once you get it setup right.
    It could afford to be a bit more optimized imo, but no doubt they have poured their heart and soul into it. It shows!

7. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO

If he's happy with it then let him be lol

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Well yeah of course.. I just read stuff like that and my brain bluescreens.

9. unclesina

unclesina Guest

GPU:
    1 GB HD 7730 @ 955/5860
    You right more(like 60)is better but i believe 30 is fine.At least for a RPG game.

10. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    He did say "Even me with my extremely budget gear", don't think he implied 30 fps was acceptable in general.

11. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    Am I mistaken or CDPR released more content in form of free DLC, than some full AAA games?

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    How is TW3 not a full AAA game?

13. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    Ooops, it is a AAA game, I forgot to add "other" in previous comment. Sorry about that :(

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah ;)

Yeah, it's had some DLC so far and there's a fair bit more to come. Most of the DLC has been cosmetic so far, not really content.