AMD Catalyst 15.15 (Official Radeon 300 Launch Driver)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Does this driver have the framerate limiter/cap feature that was mentioned at E3?

2. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    I have them installed on my 290x's and there's no fps limiter.

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I've used it before and it didn't work properly. You're not missing anything right now.

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    dont see it on mine either.

i have a feeling its a wddm 1.3 function.

where is it supposed to be?

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Windows 8.1 is WDDM 1.3
    I think it was in Performance or Gaming. I can't remember.

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    sorry, i meant WDDM 2.0

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It's possible it's optimized for WDDM 2.0 only. 60ms frametime at 50FPS was sorta unplayable :)

8. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I bet you are the type of guy that reinstalls his OS after moving his PC from one room to the other?

9. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Can anyone comment of how this driver performs in Project CARS, compared to other drivers, especially 1040 (which I think is the current "king of the hill")?

10. Burningcoals

Burningcoals Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980 Ti SC+ @1450Mhz
    Are you saying AMD has released a working Crossfire driver? Really I had no idea. I was pretty clear that I am tired of AMD not supporting the crossfire community. Majority of the games I played over the last 6 months had zero crossfire support. Assassins creed unity had 84FPS SLI and zero crossfire when released, same with Witcher 3, SLI users have no issues right now, crossfire is MIA. Time and time again, no mantle, crossfire, TressFX.

I know the Fury X will kick ass. I would buy it no problem. For now my 980 Ti is getting higher frames then Titan X, and I am already enjoying my games, not some 1-2 months away when AMD cards actually start landing. Time = Money.

I still support AMD and hope they kick ass, and I might be back someday.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015

11. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Quejikos, have you been skipping your therapy sessions recently?

12. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    omw guys, He's not installing it let's all just melt down a bit. If you don't want to install then don't. At least don't come and complain here and rather complain in the main 15.5 driver thread. We not forcing you to do anything neither does AMD or Nvidia. We can change the code or do anything we want and if it works then good for us.

So please making stupid comments like this and go on with your life. just don't come and complain in this thread about you not liking the modded drivers.:bang::bang::bang::bang:

Please people stop feeding the troll. Let's just ignore the newbie. He doesn't really know this site and how we operate. Thanks for modding drivers asder and vbs. I really like what you doing to make everything as good as you can.:)

13. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    Again the people complaining about CF profiles only mention NVIDIA Gameworks games. It's a wonder isn't it...?

It's amazing NVIDIA can get away with this, they even get more users to their side that apparently don't question themselves about the possible reason of lack of a CF profile.

GTA V got a CF profile quick. But NVIDIA Gameworks titles don't. Why people, think: why.

14. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    70% of last years games were gameworks.
    I want AMD to succeed but i bought their cards for GAMING.
    Not for gaming on games that don't have gameworks!
    I understand what you mean but AMD needs to do something about it.
    Do you know Elite dangerous that is not an nvidia game and still does not have crossfire support.
    The VR game out there but i can not even play it in VR, not even maxed out on a 1080p monitor.
    I want to play that game so bad or the witcher 3 but i can't because of AMD!
    Go look up how long elite is out allready.

Edit:I've asked AMDMatt here and Warsam @ OCN for elite support multiple times.(And it has been asked long before i asked.)
    They said they passed it along, but just for that game users have made the switch to nvidia and i don't blame them.

15. CGabry

CGabry Member

GPU:
    GTX970 XTremeGaming
    With this driver i can't overclock mine R9 290...

16. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    I guess that will be in the 15.30 WHQL drivers, which should (my guess) unify the Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Radeon 300 development tree. The question is, when will AMD release them?

17. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
  18. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
  19. Krelianz

Krelianz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    as a customer i don't care about conspiracy theories, as a consumer what i know is: if i get nvidia i will play all games or, at least almsot all games ok, if i get an amd i will get screwed if a game has gameworks, it is amd duty to the costumer and if it doesn't want to go out of business to protect the users from this bull****, they should have a good team working on drivers to be ready when games come out, and not making people wait weeks for barely functional caps to games. I had an nvidia card and got this one since it was on sale and i thought it was decent enough but by the end of the year i will go green again, and never look back.

20. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    I hope AMD have drivers really for Batman: Arkham Knight with Crossfire decently optimise for crossfire.

Than again I think is too much to ask from AMD.