Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Loophole35, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300

i bought ps1 just for FF7 at the time.

2. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I played it on PC and I have the Steam version now. Actually, now that I think of it, I loved the game but never did finish it. I didn't like all the side stuff like the races and the amusement park and at the time, there was just too much of that kind of stuff that you needed to do.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I dont know, i think this is one amazing gaming memory that id rather...be a memory.

much to sephiroths dismay.

4. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    Everyone's different, back when FF7 came out I was a young adult and would have bought a console for one game, not now though. Also back then there was zero chance of it appearing on Sega Saturn or N64. Whereas now it will more than likely appear for PC and maybe XBone in due course. Plus the PC version should be superior in an ideal scenario.

Also like (.)(.)'s alludes to above, remakes aren't always a good idea. There's always the chance they will change too much, which will put off hardcore fans. If they mess with the battle system for instance I won't touch it, turn based or GTFO.

Speaking of remakes that shouldn't happen I hear they're doing one of Big Trouble In Little China casting Dwayne Johnson as Jack Burton. Dear god, noooooooo :cry:

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    If the change it from turn based I will not get it either, but maybe add some new materia, abilities, bosses and bump the difficulty with say a new game+.

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    This, although I'll buy the game to see what the remake is like, but it will sit as a separate entity. No way will I allow a poor remake of a classic to ruin the great memories of a truly awesome game, you also have the fact that SE hasn't really been hitting it out of the park with remakes or reboots or sequels of once great games. Hitman was pretty meh compared to both Blood Money and Contracts and FF13 managed to turn a long term FF fan in to someone who couldn't even get half way through the game (after doing literally everything in FF 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2 and 12)

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

Till FF 13 I hated FF 8 so much i never beat it, but i hated FF 13 so much i didnt bother to finish 13 and instead went back to 8 and beat that, cause atlets FF 8 gameplay reminded me of why i loved FF game in first place, I have no clue what SQE was thinking with FF 13, but after 13, i have zero intrested ins FF 15. And i hope to god they dont turn FF7 remake into something bad by decided to throw away the turnbased battles system infavor or real time battle crap.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    This is going to be a conversion of the PC version, which is hardly any improvement over the PS1 version. Unless it's an complete remake, why bother with this now? Just make a sequel you fools.....

9. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    They've been struggling with real-time systems since 12, and I don't really understand why. If they wanted to go real time there's plenty of examples of far superior games, some of which they own the rights for such as Star Ocean. It's difficult to understand how they managed to cock up so badly with their quasi-real time attempts, I wish they'd stuck to the A/TB system.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It's also no surprise that the FF series went downhill after they ditched the ATB system in favor of real time battles. Square Enix need to start listening to the fans more, instead of trying to appear hip and cool with the latest FF games. No wonder the company was close to folding.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    They are saying Remake so until further info I will assume a full make over. If they release a PC port of a PS1 port the backlash will be extensive. Remember the PC versions they released a few years back were just ports of the original PC releases and they called the re-releases not remakes. This should be a full make over.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    There are 2 versions coming.

First one is HD port of 2012 re-release of the pc verison brought to ps4

Second one is a Remake of original release for ps4

I not sure why they feel the need to do thism but it dont make feel easy about. It makes me thing the remake of FF7 will have advent children graphics but also make me thing they do something stupid like throw the battle system out the window and using some real time crap. which if they do i will be very hesitant about buy it again

Remake of FF7 with current graphics and battle system intact or SQE can go die slowly like they been doing with FF since X, I have zero intrest in FF15 cause of real time crap that imo dont belong in FF games, and FF13 wtf was that they gutted the battle system imo, and wtf was with the weapons/armor upgrade system, that was something i dont want in a FF game, it upgrade system that i expected from likes of Agarest wars series not FF.

If SQE stopped trolling us with remake of FF7 after 15 years just to try change the core gameplay to to appease new people then SQE becomes dead to me like capcom

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  13. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    This +1000.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Never really played FFVII because I didn't have a PSX when it came out and was too busy playing Quake and Tomb Raider on my PC. I've had the "remake" on the PS3 back in the day and played it a little bit, before I sold my PS3. Liked it. This looks incredible though and will no doubt be a day one for me.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Tetsuya Nomura didn't realise he was directing Final Fantasy 7 remake
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...alise-he-was-directing-final-fantasy-7-remake

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Most likely will come to both consoles maybe for pc. But first to ps4 and japan. Hoping they will redo alot of the gameplay (not battle system tho) and graphics totally. Gameplay akin to Lost Odyssey would be great to me it is a bit more fresh then ff7 :D and leave the bath house scene!

Will they make Aeriths death more brutal hmmm D: Voice acting will be there most likely, I would take the guys from advent childrens japanese version.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well, for me, the only thing i want from it is for it to be a visual upgrade and thats it.

There is absolutely no reason to reinvent the wheel here, to do would be to undo what made ff7 so great. If they go through and change even the combat to this new stupid real-time crap thats plagued the ff series since 12, then what little confidence i have in SE will be gone and i wont touch any of their games going forward whether they be Deus Ex, TR, Hitmans or Kingdom Hearts.

I really dont know why people are so interested in changing anything other than a graphical update, if you want something different, then just make a different FF altogether. Why mess with the best selling FF title to ever exist.

[​IMG]
    I mean, to change anything at all, other than being a straight visual update would completely ruin what made ff7, imo, perfectly flawed.

Look at Resident Evil Remake, that is how you update a game. There is no need to go and drastically change anything.

Some what this, though i disagree with the last part:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169807808&postcount=9959

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  18. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Good god I hope they do this right. FF7 was the first game I experienced which actually had me emotionally attached to a story and the characters involved. Just like many it holds a special place with me.

I really hope the battle systems remains the same as it was originally. How I have the gameplay pictured in my minds eye is something similar to the watch dogs original E3 reveal. Just imagining walking slowly through a thoroughly detailed and realistic Midgar, sword on back, polluted air running though my freshly spiked hair makes me do this :banana: x1000!

19. al3d

al3d Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    I can't believe that NOMURA IS DIRECTING.

I'm so happy. :)

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Well a graphical update and some minor updates to the dialog (some of the original dialog was bad Janglish).