Official GeForce Hotfix 353.12

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Jun 2, 2015.

1. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Then why is it mentioned as a "problem" if there is no harm ?

2. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC

What you experience is simmiliar to what i do but i could pinpoint the problems more specific ;)

see here the Driver behaves weired the whole V-sync stuff goes crazy if i try to change to 30 Hal Vsync FSE i get a sudden latency increase into 100 ms from 35 ms and i have to switch several times forth and back before it gets stable ;)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5092943&postcount=413

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  3. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Played two and a half hours of GTA V with "1.000 Times Better" Reshade last night.Was a couple "missions" into Trevor's story and played until he had to go to Los Santos and gameplay was smooth the entire time.

EDIT: Was going to mention that a gsync"watever".dll file gets leftover after uninstalling/cleaning with DDU 15 on the C: drive/Nvidia folder.Could just be a file they added as the "hotfix" for gsync users.

The file is gsync"something".dll instead of just gsync.dll I can't remember exactly, but I've noticed that Google Apps Sync for MS Outlook uses a file with the name gsync.dll.Could there be a possible conflict? I mean if the file is named differently then it should not matter but imo I find the two too close for comfort, if I was a Gsync user that is.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So i didnt want to update my driver due to the "kepler" issue poeple keep talking about, But i update to these drivers anyway cause it was to test out issue opengl, didnt fix the issue with the opengl, and i am seeing no performance issue with drivers like people been saying about "kepler"

So far so good

could report to ti wagnard in his DDU thread maybe he can look at it

5. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I'm about to thanks! :thumbup:

It's nvgsyncdetours.dll located @ C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nvgsync...so EEH! False alarm.
    But still look for it after cleaning just in case you guys want to go back to older drivers after trying these.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  6. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    This happened for me tonight, hadn't played GTA V since Witcher 3 came out.
    Went and tested out a few new mods, game stuttered like crazy after 20 minutes.
    Rolled back the drivers to 352.86, problem solved...

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    I saw this GTA5 glitch too yesterday. I was playing multiplayer and ~30min after 4-5 deaths it started having some weird fps issues and game play wasn't smooth anymore.

Also noticed this missing texture issue as well one time..

And Nvidia shadows are bugged, missing shadows.. so much for nv optimized technique.:infinity:

EDIT: 350.06 is better, but I also stopped using MSI AB rtss fps limiter, now using driver build-in with nvinspector and its very smooth.. Still using MSI AB OSD for monitoring though.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  8. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    So last night i decided to give these a try and had some problems initially. I first uninstalled my nVidia drivers followed by DDU in safe mode. After a reboot I ran "clean install" and just as it was finishing, got a nice BSOD right where the screen typically flicks off and then back on. During the boot process it froze up and I had to hit the reset button. So i went into safe mode, ran DDU again to remove the messed up driver, rebooted and tried installing again. This time it worked fine. Strange...

Since then it's working great.

9. Shelledfade

Shelledfade Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    still no info from nvidia as far as I know regarding these recent highly unstable drivers.

I'm a little surprised at this point that they didn't pull them from the sites yet considering how broken they are.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I have had these driver stopped responding messages for quite a while now. I first thought it was a witcher 3 problem, but its not that at all.
    when gaming and also when the pc is idle , doing nothing it also crashes!
    The crashing is totally weird, since it doesnt always, sometimes after a few hours and sometimes after only a few minutes after turning on my pc.
    WTF Nvidia?

11. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    wow..

I have not had any crashes or driver stop errors in windows 8.1

everything is super stable..

been out of work lately so been spending alot time on my pc. so system is running almost 24hrs a day.

you guys got issues with your pc.

12. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Glad you said it and not me.Witcher 3 has been super stable from day one of installation, yea it needed tweaking out the arse to get rid of the "real time graphics cutscene" stutter with unlimited fps but it got done.Playing with a reshade so both blur options are off, sharpening is off (as the preset author suggested), hairworks is off and everything else on ultra with hbao.Smooth cutscenes and gameplay to match, GTA 5 is no exception either.Loving these drivers. :thumbup:

13. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Is it normal that by enabling shadowplay the gpu and memory clock go up to max????

14. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Gsync isn't working that great for me with these, a lot of flickering when I load games up an enabling windowed and fullscreen mode causes real bad issues, lots of stuttering etc, for now I just leave it on Full screen mode but these are far from ideal drivers, summer heat isn't helping with system temps either, had to lower my overclocks and remove my physx card to cool things down.

15. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    When Gsync is enabled can you have vsync smooth or any other vsync related option, enabled at the same time? I don't own one that's why I ask.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yeah...the driver resets that's the 'issue with my PC'. My system was 'super stable' for years. The change? Drivers since 352.86 being unstable. Why do people pollute threads with 'well my system is working so obviously there is something wrong with your hardware' crap. Literally hundreds just on a few forums prove otherwise. The fact that Nvidia acknowledged the issue proves otherwise...yeah, like "wow"

17. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I'm tellin you maan it's gpu boost 2.0! It's one thing to have adaptive power management, but "adaptive" boost clocks? BTW where did all the skepticism about that go.It was most present when the 680s and 690s were fresh.Oh wait, those owners upgraded to Maxwell and thought Nvidia fixed/patched their shyte.:rolleyes:
    Eventually it was gonna screw with Maxwell as performance drivers excelled, same way it happened on Keplers' gpu boost 1.0! I bet if most users disabled boost on their gpus, they'd be a lot happier.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im betting on P-states polling rate more then Gpu boost @ adaptive. That's what caused all those TDR back in Fermi days (280.xx - 295.xx drivers).

19. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Not impossible but Kepler is more similar to Maxwell than Fermi is to Kepler, from my understanding and you may be right.They just need to take the time, spend the money and tweak it out.It's not that late in the game for GTX700 users to update their vbios.But no, they'd rather drag it out because they know they have no competition in the "driver optimization" arena and that's why a lot their users stuck with them all these years, they're frickin good at it.

20. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Is it normal that by only enabling shadowplay the gpu and memory clock go up to max????

Made a movie from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87iP-CBIDYs

Enabling shadowplay= gpu and memory clocks on max
    Dissabling shadowplay= gpu an memory clocks back to low.