Arma 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Pill Monster, May 19, 2011.

1. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    There are mods out there such as TWP_MOD which adjust line of sight. There are also AI mods such as bcombat and grouplink 5 (3 and 4 are for Arma 2). These may help.

The engine is great but mod functionality is not at the level of ARMA 2 yet, though it has so much more potential.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks for that.
    Just tried TWP_Mod now though think we may have done something wrong as the cross-hair is not showing in one of the op-forces scopes.

Just waiting on JSRS2.1 to finish downloading, great in arma 2 so a must have for 3 i think.

Have you tried that VTS Simple Weapon Resting mod?
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155553-VTS-Simple-weapon-resting

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea i still own arma 2 not 3 when ace mods and etc get rolling i will look more at arma 3.

Arma 2 i think i can finally max out or should be able to might as well enjoy that with a billion mods installed and custom campaigns while they patch up 3 and mods get worked on.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Theres a weird issues with FXAA (in-game) both Post and standard. When lowered, performance gets worse and introduces an intense stutter.

Also, mouse movement is still far to floaty, along with a stutter/judder even with settings on the lowest.

5. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Not played since alpha/beta sad to see the game still runs like poop on my system. Reminded me of playing dayz :_:

6. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Disable ingame FXAA and use nvidia inspector to use FXAA.

7. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I don't know what the problem may be but goto your x:\ArmA 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\ folder and edit the tpw_mods.hpp file (its a text file like the old school *.cfg files) to set the settings to your liking.

I would use the Ambient stuff only for non critical missions and sandbox play.

I am using TMR mod instead of VTS but can look at it.

BTW: this is my modline so we can compare mods:

I am running at full settings with FXAA Sharp, and regular AA disabled. Runs fairly fast actually.

In mouse settings, check to make sure your smoothing slider is set all the way to the LEFT (off). I had to do that in ARMA 2 to get rid of mouse lag.

Lastly, I've been using AllinArma mod since the alpha. I use it to actually play user made ARMA2/CO missions. When it works, wow... so much better than playing in ARMA 2 engine. There is a standalone edition (~ 18 GB!!) for peeps who don't know ARMA 2 Complete edition.

Really a great way to play ARMA 2 mods until it gets fully ported to ARMA 3.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  8. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Ive been working on a fully functional airbase in Stratis, can't load it anymore after Zeus. 3 months awesome dev gone, had so many cool scripts.

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
  10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading

11. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Grass is still not covering you from AI sights? I remember that from ArmA2.

Same with all the fallen trees covering the ground after a large battle - AI could see right through the trees and maps became unplayable when on foot.

Reason why i left the ArmA scene completely. Been playing since the 2001 OpFlashpoint demo. :(

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Same, used to love it (OFP, A1, A2) but A3 was a huge sellout imho.

Go karts? :confused:

Silly premise (Iran vs NATO on Greek Islands) :rolleyes:

Damage model is f**king atrocious (7.62x39 rounds do nothing more than cause the AI to 'flinch' and then, quite infuriatingly, they accurately return fire - even at close range).

They need a new engine (and I'm not pandering to the people who try to run it on toasters), RV is clearly showing it's age.

Cheap as f**k AI that constantly 'cheat' (seeing through obstacles, grass etc).

Now to be fair, the latter was present in the other games but there were addons that alleviated it, I don't believe there are for A3 although I could be wrong as I haven't touched it in ages.

I could go on and on.

I certainly won't be buying A4 before extensively researching it.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  13. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    ok I grabbed Arma 2 Complete Collection and Arma 3 all for $35
    I'll take it ! :)

14. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Agreed. I played ArmA3 for about 5 hours online then i deinstalled it forever. Needed 2 hours alone just for setting up keys for onFoot and vehicle settings.

15. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Yes they need to invest in a new engine instead of adding to the old one, it's past it's limit, and doesn't run well on ANYTHING. But hey that doesn't stop them from piling on more crap. I really like Bohemia, and I buy their games, but sheesh running that game at an acceptable framerate is seriously impossible.

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I think i heard about the AI programmer crew left the company at some point (end of the ArmA2 era or something) so that was prob a big setback for them.
    Still, i think they would be better off throwing everything overboard and rewrite ArmA4 from scratch.

17. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    The lowly Delta Force 2 is STILL the king of rifle wind effected ballistics and grass that works at ANY distance for visuals cover, even from A.I. in a PC game. It is sad as fox that they haven`t been able to eclipse voxel grass in this day and age.

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
  19. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    That was pretty Rad! :gape:

20. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU: