Radeon Fury X Beats GeForce GTX Titan X and Fury to GTX 980 Ti: 3DMark Bench

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    AMD cards are powerful but gpus are made for gaming and thats where amd problem is because nvidia has most of the games (ie) the physx and the gameworks if u want the fancy extras in your game u need nvidia card also nvidia have the better game driver support over amd , i think its main reason nvidia are on top and biggest problem for amd sales more games are optimized for nvidia got gameworks and better drivers

3. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    It's funny, AMD always gets **** on when the discussion of drivers come up. I ran my HD4850 for 6ish years and not once during that time frame did I have a driver related game issue. In fact the only problem I had with that card was the inadequate single slot cooler. Had to put on an Arctic Cooling unit at some point.

4. Atombender

Atombender Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 6800 XT
    Very interesting. Even at UHD the Fury X (with "only" 4GB HBM) is still sligthly faster than the Titan X with it's whopping 12 GB memory. :)

5. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    So the Fury X is on the next node of 16nm and Titan X/980ti is still 28nm, yet Fury X only narrowly beats the Titan X!? This means that once NVidia go to 16nm with Pascal then AMD will be obliterated! If the FuryX was on 28nm this would be a good achievement right, but the fact it's on 16nm, should be way better performance if they're gonna compete against NVidia. (Think I've got it right that FuryX is on 16nm - correct me if you know I'm wrong).

6. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Yup, my 4890 and 7970 never had any issues. Meanwhile i have two rigs with 780 Classies that are crashing at least twice a week now. But Nvidia sure does put out flawless drivers...:3eyes: Both are stock, never been OCed. My point is it goes both ways.

Anyhow i hope the leaks are true and Fury is faster than Titan X so competition will ensue..

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  7. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    when i had AMD card i was always getting problems with the drivers , one was when you install it used popup internet explorer and or cmd prompt and sometimes crash , on crossfire get an errors no crossfire bridge and i had youtube crashes when trying watch videos bug with flashplayer , and the catalyst conveter wouldnt install sometimes, nvidia ive never had any blue screen or problems and the nvidia control panel so much better and also nvidia have the drivers ready for every game with sli

8. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Fiji is 28nm..not 16nm

9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Yeah, better performance and at almost half the price of a titan x.

And don't come with the TDP arguments.Real gamers don't care about that.

10. designgears

designgears Guest

GPU:
    980 Ti
    This has been pretty much proven to be fake over at /r/pcmasterrace

11. 6311

6311 Guest

GPU:
    8350/1100
    DO THIS HAVE HDMI 2.0A ?
    do this have 18gbps Bandwidth ?
    Is support 12BIT 4K color ?

12. chismo

chismo Guest

GPU:
    I'm here to correct you. You are wrong. :) Still on 28nm. It's supposedly on GloFo SHP 28nm process vs TSCM 28nm but still 28nm.

Who cares would be my answer. I saw you ask (3 times) and have answered this exact question at PCPER. So you're not really here to be informed just to whine right? Spare us.

13. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    i wish we got american prices here in uk , this fury x and 980 ti are $650 dollars in uk pounds thats £420 so why are the same cards here £600 thats like $900 we have pay for same card

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Nope AMD is still using 28nm for the FURY X and all up coming 300 series GPU's. Why do you think AMD needs a water cooled FURY X?? Cause the chip is freaking HUGE and packs 4096 shader cores, 256 TMU's, and around 128 ROPS and is built on an interposer where the new HBM memory is stacked around the edges close to the GPU core. Which means heat only really comes from one place on the board also allowing them to make a much smaller GPU overall as they don't need extra VRM's and circuitry for GDDR5 memory chips.

16nm is nowhere near getting the right yields yet for either AMD or Nvidia.

AMD are rumored to be partnering with Samsung who has a working 16nm fab factory already up and running and it would just a matter of spinning their chips and getting constraints sorted then out to market.

Nvidia on the other hand will be using TSMC or Global Foundry who both at the moment has issues with 16nm. So Pascal might have more issues then we think.

15. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 980Ti 6G
    u have no idea man, every game that is powered by nv is crippling amd performance, especially games that are developed with game works.
    nv is also crippling Kepler performance with new drivers to promote sells of Maxwel gpu

16. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Does this matter to 99.9% of the buyers of this card?

Of all the things AMD could leave off the feature list, everything you listed wouldn't be missed by almost anyone.

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Blame import charges.

I brought a $30 side panel from america for my old 800D case that has pre cut holes in it to fit 2 120mm or 140mm fans as side mounts.

Basically this is just a piece of Plexiglas with some holes in it.

It cost $30 .incl shipping when it got here I was sent a letter stating I had to pay £50 import charge!!!

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Doesn't matter, gameworks is a joke anyway. It cripples performance in literally every game no matter if you have AMD or Nvidia.

Witcher 3 for example, with hairworks on it drops fps by around 15-20fps!!! That is huge and it doesn't even look that good.

AMD TressFX in Tomb Raider looked outstanding and it barely hit fps on my old HD7970 and when I got a GTX970 it also barely touched the fps, in SLI 970's now that I have it maybe knocks off 1fps. Very optimized.

Most of Nvidia's stuff from PhysX, HBAO+, Hairworks, etc all do nothing but drop fps for a very small increase in IQ.

I may have SLI 970's but even I leave most of that stuff disabled in games.

19. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    witcher 3 runs good now i have if fully maxed out with hairworks 1080p 75hz with 970 sli, ive got vsync on locked at 75 fps and it stays there constant 75fps with hairworks on now on patch 1.0.6, and i want the gamework effects on thats why i got 970 sli, a single 970 cant handle hairworks

20. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Cant wait to see this puppy, Fury X, in real gaming benchmarks.
    Cant see how hardcore OCs will bleed this card. Will be overclockers dream. :)

And I remember all guys who said: omg Gtx980-TI Gtx980-TI & omg Titan X Titan X...
    Now what?
    Fury X will squash any GDDR5 card and will prevail.Any aircooled card with GDDR5 will be obsolete in autumn.
    Even with 4GB HBM (still 8GB is so expensive) Fury X is at the top of charts. But with some hardcore OC?
    And common we talk here about 4K not obsolete 1080p. ;)
    Cant wait.

Radeon R9 Fury X Runs At 50c Degrees, 32dB – PCB, Liquid Cooling Pump