Radeon R9 390X PCB Reveals Shows Rebranded product

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    pretty sure additional price cuts will come for some of these high-end cards from both companies. so it wont take a big pinch from your wallet and then still have some left over to get the real next-gen cards some time next year or the year after that. heck, if i were u i would hold out until a little longer until November/December.

2. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    You trolling bruh?
    Common sense dictates common sense..... you're either severely lacking or obliviously trolling
    Don't even know why I'm humoring you but, if I bought your 970, unless you take some of that money I paid you and PayPal it to Nvidia directly, that's the only way they would see my dollar.

If you're a consumer it's almost impossible to try to have principles, but I still try, in regards to Nvidia it basically this simple, I don't want to give my money to a company who's consistently trying to force it out of my hand with their business tactics as opposed to one who tries to earn it from me.

I won't buy Apple because they refuse to ditch and still continue to use factories where workers are jumping to their deaths off the rooftops over poor working conditions.
    I'm a big basketball fanatic and player yet I still don't buy Jordans where Nike controls the shoe releases to the point, where on a regular basis there are murder/robberies with each new Jordan releases in multiple US cities....

anyway, etc... if you don't get the point, then can't explain any better than that.

3. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You 'tarded bro?

Those same factories are being used by many components manufacturers in your PC..
    :stewpid:

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    How does it help them to release a 390X with 8GB RAM when they already offered a 290X with the same amount of memory?
    Same thing, different name, pointless and not very innovative.
    The Fury on the other hand is, will be interesting to see what it can do.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    The whole NVidia 9xx series has hardware support for 12.1, we have yet to see if the Fury is a 12.0 or 12.1 card.
    AMD mentioned that 12.0 will be fine, since the difference between 12.0 and 12.1 isn't gamebreaking.
    None of them has full 100% DX12 support though.

http:// wccftech . com /directx-12-...12-1-gcns-resource-binding-tier-3-intels-rov/

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  7. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    They might have a boatload of GDDR5 to use up maybe :)

I agree the Fury is going to be the big one.
    And its nearly here :)

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Suicide rate in Foxconn is below the chinese national average. When you employ 1.09 million people, there is going to be a few suicides.

9. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    ^ Denial was that ever my point ?? were suicide rates ever my point ?? or was my point about companies who blatantly look the other way and continue to carry like consistent suicides where their products are made are a part of the job..
    You do realize your reply makes it sound like justification coming from you, you do realize that don't you ? your screen name is awkwardly fitting to it btw

No I'm not "retarded" real mature using that word btw... I know most of these factories are producing the same ****, but you fail to mention some of the bigger companies draw the line when people start killing themselves,
    I think it was Samsung that did that a while back not sure.... so I try to stick to purchasing products from these companies, but ones who are blatantly not giving a plain **** like Apple who simply refuses and continues using the worst of the worst of these factories.
    It's so easy not spending $1000 on their newest phones, even if I got the money, it's still so fckin easy

Icedman really, you think that's sound reasoning and not a helluva stretch? I'm giving money to Nvidia because the other guy is... what ??

anyway back on topic... I'm done replying to stupid replies from people who just feel like saying something instead of bringing something relevant to the discussion...

Well after this pathetic rebrand, the only way AMD could bounce back is if they manage to utilize DX12 and Windows 10 to it's potential and actually release good drivers that bring significant performance improvements.

I assume that's their gameplan all along right ??
    I mean because of all the **** they been talking about how the future is bright for them

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  10. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    @Illyrian

the story with those factories is not nearly so straight forward, its kinda worse.

They were actually earning some of the best money around - though yes there were strong conditions attached like having no choice over which part of the country to work in etc, reports of potentially dangerous exposure to chemicals etc etc

But now... they are replacing almost the Entire workforce with millions of robots, so the people will have no work at all, or factory rooves to throw themselves off in despair -.-

a pretty horrible situation in all. Perhaps they should have not made such a fuss over being some of the lucky people in China o_O ???

I really do feel for those guys, a real rock and a hard place situation.

11. zecableguy

zecableguy Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 580 Gaming X
    I think it is actually the OEM's (XFX, Sapphire, etc) that want the rebrands. AMD just gives them what they want.

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Lots of angry Canadians on here lately.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, a bad job is always better than no job.
    I've never avoided a company for moral reasons, if I did I would have nothing to buy lol.

I pick Nvidia as while they can be abit scummy with competitors and their customers, they treat their own customers better than AMD appears to.

Saying that, I see nothing wrong with what they have done with these cards, all that matters is are they are fast and well priced, and im sure they will be.

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Not me! I'm happy as a clam :)

It's only technology.. why everyone heff to be med?

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Your always in a good mood bro.

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    This true.. except when a bunch of people were throwing $hit at CDPR and calling Witcher 3 a $hitty looking game before it released.. I was pissed haha

17. GALTARAUJO

GALTARAUJO Active Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX980 Strix
    You are right. The importance of OEM market was huge for ATI back then.
    Let's just keep in mind that 2900XT launch was kind of disapponting, for after a long wait, it was learned that it demanded more power and had less performance than the 8800GTX/Ultra.
    Right after that nVidia successfully launched 8800GT priced south $250 and stole the market.
    It was you said, volumes were driven not by the gaming market, but nVidia managed to build better products over time.
    It's sad how history repeats itself...:)

18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  19. bucknuts21

bucknuts21 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB
    AMD may make some money from the 300 cards, but I think they are missing the mark not having 4GB versions of the 390x/390. Nvidia still sells the 970 like crazy and it's not a 8GB card so not sure what AMD is thinking considering the majority still don't game at 4K.

20. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero

There's no "smugishness" with my statements, you or anyone else can take it how you want it, it's just how I feel about it and I stated it as such.. and like I said none of these companies are perfect, it's impossible to avoid unless you're not in the game at all.

Like the example I used when I said I don't buy Jordans, I still have about a dozen Nike's because I have no choice as I play basketball 4 times a week and I'll literally break my foot if I play in any other brand shoe, which I have pretty much done while rocking Adidas shoes before... but the best we can do as consumers is just that, do our best