Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    The packer is not ignoring it, it packs it along with other files. The unpacking though is a different story. The list is used only when unpacking. Me and The Silver packed custom renamed textures for Forever Sculpture and they worked. He edited the material bin so the game used he's textures. When you unpack it the packer puts them in "_UNKNOWN" folder.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    oh i did not know that! that is pretty cool actually. well regardless the game will not use the windy city xml. so i does not really matter that much.
    I should edit some of the bins too, but i have been too busy working on the lighting and such to get on that kind of thing

3. Zer01neDev

Zer01neDev Guest

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 GAMING 4G
  4. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    I like your mod alot ThatGuy is looks great but one thing I noticed in your latest test version that the performance is totally ****! in version 3.0 I would get about 50 on average at sometimes it would dip as low as low 30s the new test version is low 30s mid 40s fps wise.

And I have no weak sauce card even tho its older 780ti its still a very capable card and I have a pretty nice overclock on it as well.

So please don't crank everything up to the max try to find a sweet spot between eye candy and performance Iam sure people with a lower end graphics card will not be able to run this mod at all which would be a shame.

5. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    I would suggest lowering the level of detail down to high then, that is the only setting that affects performance mostly, otherwise if you continue to have issues with stuttering it is because of lack of V-ram.
    Other than the level of detail, i did not really do much else, i made the reflections render distance further in the ultra reflections, but it does not affect performance much for me at all.
    I also increased the resolution of the shadows on ultra to 4096 to make sure that they no longer have aliasing, that also does not affect my performance much at all either.

I won't lower Ultra settings because i want the max quality of the game, no performance alternatives.

If you disagree with my opinion, then i can upload the 3.0 renderconfig as a "performance" option. Just for you ;)

6. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    [​IMG]
    Had a little improvement on default lighting.

7. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Looks good, natural-like. what did you change? PaintedGiIntensity? i remember doing something like that once with default.

I actually have a lighting with slightly altered vanilla intensities and reluanch2012 color setting, the result was nonetheless good looking.

8. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    I edit most of auto exposure value as well as exposure value. Additionally, i add a simple dynamic probe scale.

9. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    A much simpler edit than i thought, well done!
    I would suggest trying out the default color settings with the e3 clear intensities, i had some nice results...

10. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    You know, ultra here is made to have the best possible quality. It's really an ubber ultra. It's High settings that is here to be an improved Vanilla Ultra settings. So don't hesitate to use High settings with HBAO+ High.

With my Reshade preset and my Optimized Textures (not released yet), you'll prefer this over "simple" Ultra.

11. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    Thank you for that KuroTenshi I didn't know that will put it on high thank you :cheers:

12. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    @txgt
    Hi there! I was wondering if you can make a cameracontext only with static dof? And if you cant, could you teach me how to?

13. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    here is one
    Here you go: http://1drv.ms/1ecqtGl

14. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Could you teach me how to do it?

15. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    Go into your patch_unpack and navigate to generated/databases/generic and drop the cameracontext in there.

16. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Could any of you guys tell me if the program 'cheat engine' is legit?

17. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    What i mean is how to edit driving dof actually.

18. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
  19. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
  20. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Have you read my message about env lighting?