Intel G3258 Build - advice needed please

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by crabman, Jun 13, 2015.

1. crabman

crabman Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 250
    Hi Guys
    Stumbled across this CPU whilst contemplating a new build, initially I was tempted by the I7 4790k but then I read on forums that it was probably overkill if computer was just for watching movies, surfing, little bit of gaming and the G3258 was suggested as a good alternative which overclocks exceptionally well, so after some deliberation I am going to build a modest system around this chip.

I am looking for gems that are modestly priced which deliver fantastic performance, can not decide on ram or gpu & cpu cooler, I want this system to be relatively quiet, looking for suggestions and advice, I dont want the build to be bottle necked by anything I buy, it is a bonus if components allow for some overclocking as it is fun to tinker.

so far I have bought
    Seasonic 600w PSU
    Asus Z97-A

as you can see I have some bits to buy, please feel free to make any suggestions, and please be candid/honest thanks in advance for any help given.
    have a great weekend

best.

Paul:)

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Anything 4/8GB will be ok, probably best to choose for the cheapest.

CPU cooler is a close more what your budget is, cheapest, silent and best performer is Rajintek aidos and right after that 212 evo.

GPU I would recommend a 750ti or 960.

3. crabman

crabman Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 250
    Hi

would you choose the 750ti over the gtx 760 or 770

what mhz ram would you go for

cheers for response

best.
    Paul:)

4. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Of course if you had the budget for that then the 770 is the best choice altough a 760 might still do the job in light gaming.

Everytime I see a G3258 build thread a switch in my head goes off and I go full cheapskate :nerd:

TBH, 1333mhz is fine altough you might find 1600/1866mhz ram for about 5 bucks more which is great value.