Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Nice, hope you enjoy the car! I love drifting in the snow, even with the base 2.5 H, lol. Such a nice car other than mileage.

Edit: Looked into it more because I was interested. That 2.0D looks really cool. I wish they had those in the states. 31.4/46.1 is what they report for mpg, that's freakin awesome. And it even pulls 150 hp/250ft-lb tq.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, I'm already enjoying it a lot. I picked it up in Oslo and drove it home, which is a 17 hour drive. Enjoyed every bit of it. I also think this chassis is the nicest looking of them. I also looked at the 5th gen Legacies, but I just can't get myself to like how they look. So the choice was either this or an Outback with the same chassis (3rd gen?). Then I found this one: one owner, full service history, decent price/milage and sold by the same dealership it was bough from originally.

Main reason I wanted one of these is excactly because of our long winters. So that'll be fun... I'm getting some Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8's for it when the snow comes around knocking again. I'm gonna be unstoppable. :D

3. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Fair enough, its a nice lump and they sound good with a few mods :p

4. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What are you driving these days? Didn't you own a diesel Alfa?

5. aircool

GPU:
    Yup had a 20v 2.4 156, then got a manual BMW E39 528i that was more of a kettle (enjoyed the M52 engine when it wasn't overheating). Ebayed it and bought another Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 10v JTD diesel for the amount the BMW was going to cost me to fix :p

Which has so far been very reliable, albiet very scruffy to start with! And very dangerous initially, see this video which explained its braking problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuUqpfIyY00

Alfa: Always Looking For Another

6. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I see. So the Beemer was a headache? At some point I also considered BMW's, but sense took a hold of me and I had to realise it's the completely wrong type of car for me and my lifestyle. I actually need proper AWD. Plus the prospect of high maintenance costs scared me.

I'm now looking for a roof box for my skis that doesn't look like crap. Jesus these things are expensive!

7. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Right there with you man, I think the 5th gen looks... feminine? That's the best way I can explain it. I love the 4th gen.

This is mine
    [​IMG]

8. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Guess I should post my 2015 jeep that I bushwack that is scratched as bad as my 2008 jeep lol and just as dented

9. aircool

GPU:
    The BMW wasn't a total headache, I just bought one that needed a lot spent on it to make it well (radiator, water pump, header tank) and on top of that it was going to need brake lines and fuel lines redoing so man maths kicked in bought a different car. It was very nice drive and made a lovely sound however I think the Alfa 5 pot wins my heart :D

10. aircool

GPU:
    Not much in the way of an update, a few tweaks and mods for the Alfa.

Now has a wooden steering wheel and has finally had a proper service and going over, just need to chip away at the snag list.

Whilst servicing though they've managed to split an intake hose post AFM which means power is still delivered although at 2500rpm onwards instead!

11. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    added new wheels and tires to the C6 along with custom Jake Racing center caps :)

[​IMG]

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Looks mean as hell.

13. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Sounds mean as hell too...:3eyes:

Starting it up with a slow drive down the street (don't mind my cell phone's custom ROM screwing up the camera)

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Don't have pictures of it because just picked it up last night. :D

So my 14 Focus had to go in for transmission repairs. Computer software had some bad gear ratios, and killed the first gear. Kind of scary considering it did it itself and the car isn't even a full year old.....

Onto what I have from Ford for now as a loaner. They lent me a new 2015 Focus. Aside from the visual difference inside and out, I can notice a difference in how it handles. There's also a lot less road noise. The new Sync is an easy improvement over the last one!

15. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    100 degree weather (literally) does not do well for performance.... :puke2:

Anyways with that said on street tires (no drag radials or slicks) ripped 11.40 @ 133 and change twice. Good times and wild ride. Watch on youtube directly for 60fps goodness. :)

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Pretty typical. Ford has been having a lot of trouble with those transmissions. Thankfully once you get it back it likely won't happen again.

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I have this same motor, but i was unhappy with the look of it, so i spent quite a lot on money on professional custom car builders to redesign the whole body, wheels and inside to look like a 10 year old silver Hyundi accent, and it was well worth it as even on close inspection you cannot tell that it is a custom job. :p:roll:

18. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    There was a small car show a mile down the road from my house yesterday, went to have a look around and took a few pics - would have taken more but I was too busy gawking at all the cool stuff!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  19. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  20. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Those Ferraris are lookin' awesome as hell.