AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, May 29, 2015.

1. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    The flicking appears at score screen after the patch. Anyway I've feedback to Rockstar about it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    Ya I did, it did remove the stuttering issue with GTA 5 about now BF:4 has stutter bug once in a while.
    Poor crossfire scaling with Witcher 3 and GTA 5 is still here.

Its a start in terms performance but its unstable screen blacks out and crash once in a while.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  3. Jujubee

Jujubee Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1060/6GB
    Is the aspect ratio/GPU scaling function working for any of you on 15.5?
    It stretches when using 4:3 aspect ratio. I've already tried reducing it to 1024 768 and choose maintain aspect ration but it's still stretched.

[​IMG]

4. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Fair enough then, quess I am a fanboy. Umm wouldn't real fanboy be defending drivers? I'm merely pointing an issue within a driver, that it's not caused by bad crossfire profile, but bad overhead on driver.

Drawcall bottleneck equals cpu bottleneck in a way (not in a way it is on 2 core cpu's where you simply run out of room for more calculations). And yes, it's heavily affected by driver. And you're right it should have been solved earlier.

If you don't believe nvidia has a lot better dc performance, just go and check out those 3dmark api test scores. I don't get why it's so hard for people to admit that they get drawcall bottleneck. Is drawcall bottleneck shamefull to admit over other bottlenecks? I mean there's always something limiting.

Average score in 3dmark api for AMD cards on good cpu on win 8.1 are close to 1.2 Million dc per second.

That equals 60fps cap at 20000 drawcalls, without counting any performance optimisations done by game developer or AMD. You can do the math what nvidia gets in similiar scenes. Because of bad drawcall performance , I can't ever suggest anyone AMD videocard if they're running 120/144hz displays. As I know it's very hard for AMD to keep these framerates in games, compared to nvidia.

DX12 can't come quick enough.

Peace

5. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Sure. I have several rigs, all of them AMD aside from this one. Why? I use QuadFire at 4K so need a suitable PCI-E 3.0 motherboard to drive all those powerful Radeon cards. :)

6. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia is not perfect in fact its far from perfect, but I don't face the same issues as AMD's and if they do, they close the loophole rather quickly.

Well AMD is on life support now, they have lost millions of market shares.

They are betting it on DX12 and Fury rather then current drivers. I wish them the best of luck. My opinions may change by then but for now its all disappointment ever since I purchase 290x.

People say "better late then never" but comes to drivers and fast pace of AAA title games being released, I'll say "better early than sorry"

7. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    when can we expect for a new version of this 15.5 beta drivers ?

...Because TW3 still running like à crap in CFX :eek:)

8. headapohl

headapohl Member

GPU:
    1080Ti SC2 Hybrid
    Is the next driver going to fix AA in Dying Light and Witcher 3? The slight flickering bothers me.

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I bet that will change with Zen ;)

The draw calls situation is really improving lately, but the gap is still quite big under DX11. To be fair to AMD, from 14.12 to today's leaked 1040.0, the performance increase is almost 100%. The problem was that the gap was at around 200%. They are getting there though.

PS: It is also nice to confirm to myself that I wasn't a crazy person about the importance of draw calls :p

10. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Strange, working good here. Have some slight flickering from time to time, but the FPS it self is very good.

11. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Matt, after all these new versions of modded drivers. It made me wonder, why hasn't AMD open up driver beta test/early access program where people could test new versions and report you about them. Surely you would get tons of good feedback that way.

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That's an awesome idea :)

13. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Hell yeah! Well, now we can just wait that some sarcastic person comes and pokes us with a fact; that we have already been beta testing AMD's drivers ;P

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No need to now :)

15. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    The guy selling XFX AMD Radeon R9 390x on Ebay post AMD Catalyst 15.28 WHQL driver on Youtube but like the d**k he is, he remove the link. now he want people to pay for the 15.28 driver now $20 per person on his private ftp account.

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Maybe we should point out to AMD that there is a f u c k e r out there who is trying to sale an engineering sample, and more importantly, trying to sell the DRIVER. I would be really glad if he got sued/shut down.

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    its not an ES.

he got it from best buy, they have them in preparation for tuesday.

Several people have reported their local BB has them on the shelves.

http://i.imgur.com/6aGGKLm.jpg

Probably an inventory screw up somwehre.

His auction was canceled by fleabay.

His unboxing video was removed as well, most likely by AMD. I managed to watch it while it was up, its legit retail.

That is pretty ****ty to try to get money for the drivers though...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  18. izzat0amir

izzat0amir Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 GAMING
    fun fact: did you guys know the last whql driver was last year? damn I felt old..

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    If WHQL was important I'd be sad. Good job it isn't!

20. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I tried The Witcher 3. When I disable antialiasing, GPU usage goes from 50% to around 80-90%, don't know why. I compensate missing antialasing with ReShade - Advanced post processing. anyways, high/ultra settings I get 80-90fps @1920x1080p