GTX 970 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ScoobyDooby, Sep 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I didn't use a different bios. I still can't figure out why my card keeps throttling back on the voltage and core clocks. I have the power limit modded to 125% and it still does it. Accoriding to a few post over at the geforce forum, it how maxwell is supposed to work. Well, I never had this issue with my 980 Classifed. So I don't know what's going on.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Mine did the same thing. I would set the power limit to 115 (my BIOS default) and it would still downclock in some benches even though it only got as high as 102~ in Afterburner monitoring.
    Modding the BIOS does fix it. With proper BIOS changes, it lowers the overall power usage (or at least it reports a lower %). In other words, with the new BIOS even at 100% you don't get throttling typically. I don't see the power reach 90% in Afterburner monitoring.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Did you put your desired max boost in CLK72 instead of CLK64?

Also I'm not sure why my card is an anomaly. I can't get it to throttle period. Like, at all. Even with monstrous clocks.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    No. I tried to disable boost all together and set my 3d base clock to what I was stable at. But I was still having a problem with throttling. I give up for right now. I'll come back to it at a later date. I need to play some games. :D

5. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agy7RDygEmM

What does this looks like ? Even on stock..2 times per 2 hours couple days already in GTA5 and other games..

Those artifacts usually green and pink were bigger (like 5x more bigger) during memory oc on +200 ~ even in Heaven. By lowering memory clock on +100 in heaven they were gone but I still had them in other games including black/grey screen crashes. Now on stock with memory clock I have them only during heavy gpu games every 45-60minutes, GTA5 and then couple new games but no crashes whatsoever.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
  7. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
  8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    GPU clock at 1588Mhz, Memory at 4001. And 1588 is the max I can go without any additional voltage. I'm going to start adding extra voltage now :)

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    If you are getting any artifacts at stock I would RMA.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3382459
    That's pretty crazy, too. :wanker: (not mine, though I wish)
    It doesn't take much of an OC to get beyond a stock 980. I get 11400~ at 1450 core.

10. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    Recently won myself a GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF, I just need to find time to OC it, but so far I am very impressed with this card (coming from a 770), Witcher 3 had a nice increase in performance.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  12. robotzec

robotzec Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb
    Asus gtx 970 turbo oc

Hi guys.
    I ordered ASUS gtx 970 turbo today and i wonder why i cant find some benchmarks or reviews of this beautifull card?I am confused. :/

13. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    No need to be concerned. We usually review benchmarks before ordering. When you receive your card, run some benchmarks and post your results.
    Your benchmarks will tell more about your cards performance than what you read in a review.

Welcome to Guru3D.

14. Autarch20

Autarch20 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    soo damn lucky..... i want one of those sooo bad.. it i want it so i can match it with my sabertooth Z97 Mark S i had to settle for a Strix.. (which in itself aint a bad card.. but i want to complete my arctic look)

15. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt

16. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    With the OC he got that's about right. But driver-wise it's a bad time to switch.
    You can always use older drivers though. But some game optimizations specially for SLI will be missing.

17. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I was hoping you'd say that it isn't possible with those settings. I've tried to match that performance with those settings (with the exception of hairworks) and with higher gpu oc on my r9 290 and cpu oc and even with lower tessellation level and even lower shadows and i was still 10 fps less. But the main reason anyone would go from AMD to Nvidia is mainly the poor driver support as of late, and i never considered multi-gpu setups.

18. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Same thing is going on with Nvidia right now. Very poor drivers.
    TDR crashed, gray screens, blue screens, black screens, unstable overclock compared to earlier drivers.....

19. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    I'm getting the TDRs on the nVidia side - but none of the other stuff you mentioned.

20. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Yea, it depends on how stable your card is and how fast your OS can respond to initiate the TDR. If it cannot initiate the driver recovery just in time the system will reboot.
    TDR is what keeping the system alive (when it works). Without it, it would just blue screen and reboot every time.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015