Geforce GTX Titan X thread.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, Mar 19, 2015.

1. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I tried the 350.05 too. No good with my set up. I'm staying with 347.88 for now.

2. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    Yeah and that's why I have 3 of them in my rig...

I said I went with AIO coolers as I didn't want to move a custom water-cooled rig around.

Reading comprehension...

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    pencil mod from der8auer
    3 days already its been public just got wind of it......off to testing but its warm today

http://overclocking.guide/nvidia-gtx-titan-x-volt-mod-pencil-vmod/

I know most of you guys so you know but please be careful read it well andyou have to use a dmm or don't do it.
    feed back on it sometime today I have to go trim some bushes lol

Guys I know am just a smuck but don't use conductive pens just don't !pencil #2 is best just getting to it now :)
    I think a vr is in order too :nerd:

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh yeah, nice. The link doesn't work for me, but certainly I'm curious what results will bring. I've seen der8auer's pencil mods on the net before, definately creative use of hardware :D

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I fixed the link sorry my bad

oh yeah he is a pro .....really

ok ok what apita!!!!! no not the mod trying to hold the dmm and take a picture
    so sorry I have no pics of the before resistance 7.33 stock easy pencil down to 6.52 gives me about 1.37ish so it works easy, there was no dought just saying.

[​IMG]
    voltage was monitored in heaven bench
    its hot so I will just take it slow right now don't no any thing else atm so maybe now I can have some fun .
    I do have one with a pot mounted

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  6. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I know what you said. I was agreeing with you and simply reiterating my thoughts on the benefit of AIO coolers.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hehe yeah, decent work. Last I've heard from him was that he wanted to toy with an adapter that would work on those additional pins on 2011-3 and sockets with a normal amount of pins, but this TX mod seems fairly easy :D

Wish overvolting would be that easy with every card, or better said, as easily done and documented.

8. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hi,

I currently have the Asus GTX780TI-DC2OCII-3GD5 graphics cards in SLI, and was considering upgrading to 2 Titan X graphics cards in Sli. The GTX 780ti d2oc II cards seem to be quiet power hungry and actually have 2 a pin power sockets on the card, compared to the 6 and 8 on the Titan X. My question will my Corsair HX850 PSU be enough for these cards? I have does a search of review sites, and some have run a system on a 760w psu.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Thats kinda borderline especially with an overclock on all components. It would probably be ok but id go 1000w atleast for 2 cards and high OC.

10. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The reviews of the Corsair PSU say it can actually go up to about 1000W. Still need to find a buyer for my 780ti's, the Titans are extremely expensive here in South Africa

11. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    I've joined the club. Was kind of an impulse buy as people sell them off "cheap" on ebay at the moment. The main thing is Nvidia didn't get my money :)

I ordered an Arctic Accelero so I can overclock, I didn't like the reference cooler much on Titan1 but it's actually better than I expected. It's running 1300mhz with stock volts and am only hitting 63C in GTA V. I expect temps (and noise) would quickly rise if I started bumping up the voltage.

What kind of clocks are you guys hitting with the 1.22V?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  12. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    ^ Nvidia didn`t get your money?Are you sure about that?

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Haha you got yourself a Titan X, congrats man! They are still selling very well even with the Ti release. I have been offered another Titan X for £785 brand new (MSI). I dont know whether i will buy yet, not sure.

Anyhow im on 1.31v for 1590 but tbh what your running now is good enough, it will chew through all games at 1440p on max settings.

What card did you get?

As for Nvidia getting the money who cares, the way i see it The Titan owners are the people that fund Nvidia's R&D so less performing cards like the Ti can be made and sold to the masses.

Also the next £1000 volta/pascal R&D would have come from the excess of Titan sales mainly. They charge a premium yes and there cards are better than AMD due to better R&D.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  14. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Yes because it's second hand!

It's a zotac but every brand is just the same reference design, how it overclocks is just the silicon lottery. Will see how it goes with a voltage increase once the Arctic Accelero arrives.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah thats true, i was thinking of going Zotac next time as they have a 5 year warranty also.

What is the ASIC % on your card?

16. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    ~70%, it boosted to 1177mhz / 1.16V out of the box.

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Thats good, tbh ASIC dont mean nothing today in my opinion. My Titan is 78.3 yet my 690 was only 62% ASIC yet i was able to OC it massively.

If you want to there is some good bios you can use for even AIR setup here. What i would do is flash it with the EVGA SC bios and your card will boost to 1342mhz. Dont worry ive tried all of these bios and they all work ok.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1546747/official-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-owners-club

All bios are on the front page along with instructions to flash (dead easy)

Ive just noticed there is a Hydrocopper bios on there, i may try that as ive yet to try it.

Check out Sheysters GM200 Bios Zip.....

Info about the stock EVGA SC BIOS:

> +127 MHz to core clock
    > Boost limit removed
    > More aggressive boost table

The SC Modded BIOS has all of the above features, plus:

> Default TDP of 350w
    > Max TDP of 425w (at 121% slider position)

Also check out Sheysters maxair Bios....

New Bench BIOS:

- Based on the stock EVGA SC BIOS
    - 1418 MHz Core
    - 1519 MHz boost
    - Voltage locked at 1.3125 for anything over 1342 MHz. HOWEVER - only displays 1.274 in PX and GPU-Z
    - K-boost gives 1.274v/1519 MHz/450w TDP right from boot-up without touching anything in PX
    - Default TDP: 450w (100%)
    - Max TDP: 600w (133%)
    - Max Temp 95 Deg C.

I would recommend either of these 2 Bios either standard EVGA SC at stock (1342mhz boost)

Or

The modified EVGA SC bios for MaxAir, that should do you good on the stock cooler and even better on the Aftermarket cooler.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ASIC is a bit of a mystery, there's no concrete proof that it means anything. Flab flab flab.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Before Keplar maybe but with Keplar and Maxwell ive seen no evidence to suggest it makes a difference except Placebooooooooooooooooo! :)

Anyhow eclap you know that you want to go get a Titan dont you buddy.....?:)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  20. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Agreed, the ASIC seems to indicate a GPU's power consumption, so a higher ASIC will have a lower TDP at the same clocks.

As with CPUs though, it doesn't mean anything when you start overclocking and raising the voltage, different chips will respond differently.

Thanks for the BIOS tips Vet. I will get into them once the Arctic arrives. I actually don't see the need to go past 1300/1.16v at the moment. I'm running 1080p 144hz.

This is the fist GPU that I've ever had that I didn't NEED to max out :) I guess I need 1440p 144hz :)