Guard3D.com steals and plagiarizes content from Guru3D.com

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guard3d

guard3d Guest

GPU:
    yes, you are right and we know how hard is creating a benchmark. there were no intention of abusing if you accept it.
    we are changing the benchmark and using the benchmarks that your logos are on them. are we allowed or you want us to remove them totally?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You've been asked to remove them completely, Hilberts post is pretty easy to understand, remove the benchmarks 100%

If you are a tech review site, why not create your own?

3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I can't help but feel that there was a better way to deal with this.
    A more mature way, rather then instant rage.

Now it seems that they are more then willing to remove whatever you want, and are simply fans of the site looking to allow Iranians to read hardware reviews.
    Seems you could have just made contact with them rather then going straight to the law, pretty f'ed up IMHO.
    Information is key to making good decisions. Should only make a move once you have all the facts.

- removed, you are now stepping on a boundary you do not want to step bro.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Remove our content totally.

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We did. He had all the opportunity to respond to my initial email. Which he didn't. Ignorance is bliss right ? Also he can completely translate my content but does not understand what I am asking from him ? This is not a simple news item and a photo, this is ripping & stealing complete and nearly all benchmarks from articles. Come on man.

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Harsh? Yes.

Necessary? Yes.

While they claim they had no intention of stealing, this is still content that Hilbert made for Guru3d, so he can have the traffic and not another website. If another website takes the traffic, Guru3d does not get that potential ad revenue.

Say Hilbert allowed it for them, then that may pave the way for other small domains to do the same as guard3d did.

The whole point of copyright is to protect your content that you create, so no other site can host it. It is garuenteeing your assets are working for you and no one else. It would be one thing if the guard3d site just did a quick recap of what an article says, then post a link to the benchmarks at guru3d but instead they copy and paste it on their site like it's their own content.

Best thing to do is to kill it at it's roots.

Also, I'm looking at their site and it seems like Guru3d is not the only one that Guard3d "takes ideas" from. Guru3d does have a buying guide, but their buying guide closely resembles Tom's Buying Guide...

7. Mohammad.Taheri

Mohammad.Taheri Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070TI Nuke
    sorry for what they done Hilbert, I'm from Iran and my language is Persian but I always read articles from here cause I Always prefer original sources.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    They have chosen.....poorly

9. javad2015

javad2015 Guest

GPU:
    apacer 2*4
    first of all there is diffrence between translate and steal
    you didnt noticed something...if they wanted.they could easily change the diags easily and add some thing new ...and that way no one would have under stand anything.but when their site name is just like guru3d...do you know what that mean?they want to say that we are just translating not stealing....
    and better to know that every one who came to site know that waht is the source
    in fact they got in to this beacuse of being honest.
    and i think in this case the only reason that meke some one to call this steal is being jealous some how.

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Just because you are from Iran do you expect some sort of special favors?

HH himself is not even English. If Persians want to read the site then they can learn to read English just like the rest of Europe and the world has to. (or use translate tools google has given you)

Just flat out coping and pasting all HH's work and then translating it into your own language? If you think that is OK then i'm sorry to tell you this but your morals are messed up.

It's theft plain and simple even if the intentions were legit.

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It is stealing.

Guard3d took copyrighted material that belongs to Hilbert and Guru3d, and used it for their own purpose of "translating" without the consent of its owner.

I also do not believe it was done for translation. I believe it was done for ad revenue. I see the ads on that website, also the social media buzz as well that Guard3d has.

Again, they are taking away traffic that could add revenue to Guru3d by using materials Guru3d has published. This is why copyrighting exist.

12. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    It's obvious that some people don't seem to understand how Guru3D makes it's living.

Even if the other website takes 3% off of Guru3Ds clicks then that could lead to a member of Guru3D not getting his/her wages.

Even if you think that 3% is too small to care about then you'd be very wrong. Before long it would be 6% and so on so forth.

Like has been already stated Copyright laws exist for a reason.

I think i'll just start a new website, i'm gonna call it METUBE and i'm just going to copy and paste all of YOUTUBES work into my site.

Wish MeTube luck. :)

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    10% or I tell youtube :D lol

14. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Hey i have another one lined up too, it's called Babyfacebook. Do you think it will fly?

I think it's a winner, it's like Facebook but for babies. ^^

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That's 20% now, damn, we're gonna be rich

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I wouldn't even let them keep the translated text because to me it is part of the stolen property. Just take them down.

17. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    "Babybook" sounds better :D

18. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    It's intellectual property - you cannot use materials like text, images and so on without a GO from the publisher itself. And on top of that - there was no response to the mail from Hilbert, who is the author. It's the fault of Guard3D team, that they are in this situation, and they should do something or face the consequences...

19. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I don't believe the "only doing it because we love Guru3d" bull**** either.

Since the site in question is using Ads to make revenue then every click is a redirection away from Guru3d and is plain theft.

HH makes a living out of this by using Ad revenue so stealing viewers is bad for his business and obviously good for rivals businesses.

If you don't understand this then you obviously don't understand how serious this is.

If you come here saying stupid things like "we just wanted to translate it into our own language" then please give all the monies you have earned from this fake G3d site to HH, then i'm sure it would be fine.

20. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    There IS a watermark on the items that they stole, it's just been photoshopped out of the image. Others are talking about embedding a new watermark behind the image so it's harder to remove. All original images WITH the watermark are here: http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-review,1.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.