AMD Radeon 300 Series Pricing Revealed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Unless they show something spectacular, it doesn't look that great. I can see 290x at around $300 @ newegg, and it's not that terribly more expensive over here in EU.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Should this piece of news really be in this forum section? :)

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I don't think I'll ever buy a high end AMD card for myself again (I'm done with all things AMD) but I do hope AMD causes nvidia to keep their prices reasonable.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Man am I glad I didn't wait for the next gen AMD cards, there's only 1 and they're not even marketing it as a mainstream card. Not surprising, considering what nVidia are doing with their high end GPUs AMD have no reason not to follow suit.

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I told you guys long ago about AMD, there a waste of time, they should just give up making GPU's and go make dinner plates or something. Yes prices for Nvidia will rise but AMD are beaten by Nvidia hands down. I wouldnt even use one of there GPU's even if i was for free, id rather just sell it or give it away, waste of time they are.

7. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    And yet they're still a great buy for budget builds. Just built my friend an HTPC/gaming rig with a R9 280x and her BF a cheapy rig with an R7 260x and they're both 100% happy with their builds. They couldn't justify spending $550+ on a graphics card.

Nothing more amusing than completely blind fanboyism.

8. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Yeah

It has been like this for me for a few years already. But I hope there are others who make the mistake so that Nvidia cannot raise prices too much. It looks like AMD doesnt have anything else to compete with but price, and they need to make the price so low that company is close to bankrupt. Sad.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Omg this guy is total douche. You should really stop posting man.

[​IMG]

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    TBH even if fiji beats titan x by 10% and cost 650$, nvidia will still be more powerful and market share will not shift, if barely.

AMD needs their own 970 to last at least two years to gain good amount of market share, also they are way too quiet with the new cards.

Either they that good that they want surprise us all, or they bring nothing new to the table.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Not rly quiet... unless you mean by quiet anything else than CEO knocking at your doors.
    AMD is advertising 16th of June life cast everywhere they can.

Till now they did not even paper launch single consumer card of new series. Not a single property of one card, nothing.
    It is one more week of waiting.

12. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    300 series are all rebrands, only new chip that will (eventually) be available is Fiji under the Fury line so they don't really have anything new to offer with the 3xx cards.
    Unless they at least have DX12.1 support, Maxwell will still be the better option to upgrade to when people consider "future proofing".

13. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    If Tonga improvements were included in Granada and given higher memory clocks, I can see this 390X very close in performance to the GTX 980 in higher resolutions for less $$.
    Well, in stock clocks at least

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah, but lets be honest here. The whole "DX12 Support" thing is all bull**** anyway. The best feature of DX12 is the lower driver overhead and that's effective on all cards in the last 5 years. The rest of the **** won't be used in games for a while and by that time everyone will have upgraded.

Also the idea that GCN is more advanced because it supported a feature level of DX12 from earlier is silly. They based the DX12 specification of the hardware in consoles which happens to be GCN. If wasn't then the spec would look different.

15. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Now we just need to see what Fiji can do before writing AMD off completely.

Maybe they can pull something out of the hat :)

16. DarKGameR177IN

DarKGameR177IN Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB
    The R9 390 8GB looks pretty good with that price tag, now just need to wait and see how it does in the benchmarks... :nerd:

17. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Are you for real?

18. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I expect them to be new revisions of the Hawaii chips.
    It does mention "Enhanced Hawaii XT/Pro", without disclosing the codenames which are prob still under NDA.

One week to go :)

19. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
  20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    :roll:

Nvidia is better by far, there cards absolutely destroy AMD's competition by running on less power, produce less heat and totally out-perform them.( I said this 6 months ago, looks like im right again). Once again AMD come to the table and produce nothing of interest. It will be the same with Volta and it will be the same with Pascal. AMD seem to get worse with each Gen that goes by.

:roll:

Also Undying i would be careful with the personal attacks, i will not report you cause its not my style but just be careful or you maybe getting a Holiday from here :D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015