Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah and also fun to see in this episode that there was also another "water dancer" (same fighting style as Arya's teacher) in the arena. :)

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Old school fencing combat. Pleasing to watch, very graceful.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    And refreshing for a change, since 90% of the fighters are like ME SMASH!!! HARR ARR!!!

4. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Oh yes of course! If they ended at this point I would be so let down.

5. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Thanks.
    That makes sense then.

6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    At the end of last episode I was like
    OMG kill everyone, even Tyrion if need be, but do not kill Drogon. I love these beasts lol. Other than that, the standard burning and raping of children. Just another day in Westeros I guess.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Why would it go to season 12? They are nearly caught up with the end of book 5 now.

I didn't really care for the last episode, the dragon fight thing was cool, but after when she flew off on it, it was cheesy and not as cool as it was in the book. I thought the Stannis part was stupid and completely goes against his character + I think they could have actually made malisendre's character more two dimensional throughout the entire season. Dunno, that entire part seemed way too rushed. I don't care for the sand snakes either, they are like really lame compared to how they are in the book. Meh.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  8. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Simple : season 1 and 2 was based on book 1 and 2. Season 3 and 4 was based on each their half of book 3. As is season 5 based on half of book 4, as season 6 will also be. So 7 books, with the first 2 each having 1 season based upon them, and the following 5 books with each book having 2 seasons based upon them = 12 seasons total.

And as martins has said : the book and tv show are two completely different entities, and cannnot and should not be compared. The tv show doesnt follow the same timeline as the books, so you may have elements from later books occuring much earlier in the tv show, and vice versa.

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Half of book 4? Season 5 is like half way through book 5. And yeah some of the timelines are accelerated and whatnot but as far as major events go, there is only one left and it's really not something you can base an entire season of content on. Like next season will definitely have book 6 content in it, unless they plan on putting more characters on hiatus (like Bran).

10. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Martins has said that the tv show will not get ahead of the book releases - if we are to believe that, and with book 6 not yet out (let alone book 7), we will not get near book 6 or 7 anytime soon :)

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Sadly that's not entirely true anymore, I read the books and as pointed out a LOT of season 5 content was from the last book, furthermore it even had scenes that never happened in the book yet (Night's King and his Army of the Dead for example). So yeah, season 6 and beyond will be the remaining content from the books + more stuff that hasn't happened yet in them, UNLESS GRR Martin releases the new book before season 6 comes out, which is possible but I doubt it. :p

We will likely get to the end of the show before all the books will be out, but I don't mind it that much. GRR writes WAY too slow, I read the books in 2011 and I forgot a LOT of stuff in the meantime, I will likely have to read them all again before getting the new book to refresh my memories. :wanker:

12. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I would be ok with the tv show finishing before the last books are released aswell... i just fear that it will siginificantly dumb Down the tv show, as it no longer has martins material to rely on.

13. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
  14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Nice, so The Winds of Winter will likely come out sometime this... winter. :D

15. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    Damn you Stannis !!! That was the most stupid thing he could have done.

Hope Missandei is ok :D

16. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Didn't he see the vision in the fire before that if he pleases the lord of the light then he will defeat the white walkers? And of course, he killed his brother before, so he certainly wants the iron throne too.

17. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Come to think of it, why did they need to burn her? The first time he needed some magic, he got Melisandre pregnant and the demon did what he did. Second time there was some bloodsucking from Gendry. Can’t remember what happened after, but he lived. And now why the burning? Wasn’t it supposed to be a blood ritual or something? Like how is that going to help?

18. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    The red priestess Melisandre said in a previous episode that the lord of light demands a royal sacrifice - which Stannis daughter was.
    And now the situation was critical - he saw no option. So the daughter was sacrificed for the greater good blah blah..

19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Hope that we will see the result in the next episode.

20. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    One sick bastard... I mean i'm not a dad yet, but only thinking about it, i would not hurt my child for anything in the world, let alone let her burn for a bloody throne...