AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, May 29, 2015.

1. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
  2. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    3dmark fillrate is also very synthetic, so perhaps better memory management won't show real differences. Could you test starswarm under win 8.1 and 10 in dx mode.

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Star Swarm is very dynamic. Tests aren't conclusive.
    I use the overhead test to compare drivers as it's quick and effective.
    I could run the GTA V benchmark though.

4. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    If we can install WDDM 1.3 drivers for win 10, that could give good comparision between WDDM 1.3 under W8.1 and W10. To see if extra perf comes from 2.0 or W10 itself.

5. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    So in running GTA V on my 295x2 at bezel compensated Eyefinity res of 6052x1200 on Normal to High settings with FXAA and no MSAA I get game crash issues when pausing or pressing Esc. However if I bump the res down to the 1050 bezel compensated range in Eyefinity I get no game crashes. I am not exceeding the 8GB of vid memory GTA V says I have. Any one else?

6. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Funny thing is when playing mantle on low graphics on 1 card on my 2560x1440 i get drops into the 80fps and 100% gpu usage. How come I get that low fps on lowest graphics settings. When I play with dx11.1 I get a nice 95fps constant.

7. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    Hate to break it to you but that is 4gb per gpu on a dual gpu card. 4gb is usable..not 8gb.

8. juzz

juzz Member

GPU:
    4090 watercooled
    I been hoping flash to die for years. Every other version is either crashy or has some security flaws :bang:

Hoping more sites follow youtube example and go for html5 or other technicues. Tho html5 youtube still has few issues @1080p60fps, but its mostly OK novadays.

Sadly I doubt we get completely rid of flash for a while. And so we will see driver incompatibility issues. Hard to even know wether problem is browser, flash or driver or combination of some or all of them

9. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
  10. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    What we really need is updates in "solved issues", we have already enough "know issues".

This will solves the need of an update in the "patience" shrinking resource... :)

11. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    the problem have a weak or two , i hope fix soon for the buyers of a 285 card, in my case have a lot of stuttering with a 7970 and 280x , i hope fix this someday because the game is unplayable , the last driver 15.5 fix a little this problem but not enought no play the game .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rfiz18rZyM

12. JorGul

JorGul Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RX 6800XT
    No problems here whatsoever with this driver on Win10 preview.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I just read the Twitter message from Johan Andersson (Frostbite lead developer), and I can say finally!

It's gonna be fixed!

[​IMG]

14. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Its called consumer frustration, when you buy something that does not work as intended for a year, People usually lose their mind especially when you pay the full launch price.

15. motov8

motov8 Guest

GPU:
    2x 280X
    AMD when u gonna hit the new official driver ?
    Im kinda worry u want to skip present problems and just add new driver to new GPU series @16 june

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Official, you mean WHQL? Probably with the R3xx series or when Windows 10 is officially released.

17. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Weird thing: I try to play Fallout New Vegas with 15.3 Win7 x64 drivers and I get this error "Failed to initialize renderer".I know old win7 x64 drivers,forgot to update them.I play most of the time new games on Win 8.1.
    No other option remain so I reinstall 14.12 Omega drivers and finally manage to play the game.

Did anyone try to play Fallout New Vegas with this 15.5 beta drivers? Thanks. :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  18. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    You can also try to use the trick from this thread:http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399547
    and download the 14.12 DLL's and put them in the games .exe folder. Then you shouldn't need to reinstall drivers.

19. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Nope,dont work.
    In every old Dx9 game I put this dlls but in FNV dont work.

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Game plays fine with 1038 drivers.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015