The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well in terms of open world RPGs the only comparatives I have had have been Oblivion, Skyrim and the two most recent Fallout games, I loved modded Oblivion and it still holds a special place in my heart but Bethesda needs to seriously step up their game for Fallout 4. Witcher 3 has blown all of them out of the water, in fact I would go as far as to say it has blown them out of the water nuked the water and then p*ssed all over the radioactive husks.

As for 1.05 it did indeed fix my infinite loading issues so good patch as far as I am concerned.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I was playing this game earlier, for around six hours, and the game unexpectedly exited to the desktop with no error nor any entry of this "crash" in the event log either. Very weird. This is the first crash I have experienced in this game in almost 50 hours of playing it.

Anyone else experienced this? v1.05 of the game and using the v353.06 drivers.

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes me too , i first thought it was the display driver, but turned out that didnt crash at all.
    i had no crashes with previous versions either.

5. battled

battled Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7870 2GB
    Yep it's the third talent under strong attack tree.

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  7. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    we r not that far

plus we wouldnt, average PC is much slower than the ones on g3d, so downgrade would be needed anyways

8. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    This puts my faith back in games... i can not believe how good this game is from story to side quests very entertaining.Easily the best game I have played ever.

Now that I have beaten it i am unsure what to do since i do not replay games once beaten ... maybe i will do side quests and contracts i missed just for fun.

read two expansions are coming out and they are rather large not sure if they have any main story content to them or not.

9. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    lol yea I know..
    but it'll make returning to the Witcher 3 oh so much sweeter..

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Funnily enough I had this myself only last night Darren and under precisely the same circumstances. Happily playing the game and all of a sudden boom I'm staring at my Witcher 3 wallpaper not playing the game. 46 hours of play time. Was slap bang in the middle of a treasure boss battle too dammit.

AMD_Catalyst_15.200.1038.0_May29 driver set.

11. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I haven't had one crash yet. Level 10.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Hit level 18 last night and have still yet to leave Novigrad obviously yet to to even step foot on Skellige. Currently rounding up attempting to take on many of the guarded treasure quests with monsters several levels higher than myself. I love a challenge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My stats probably suck next to yours but who cares. :D

Anyway the biggest improvement for me in the v1.05 patch was the overhauled swimming mechanic, my god it was painful before. It felt like a frustrating mini game at times and one that I often wished to avoid, not now however. Swimming is now a painless joy as it should have been initially, thank the stars.

All I can do right now though is openly apologise to every other game I have installed because to be frank they haven't had a look in since this released. I'm sorry.

13. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Heh, everyone I see has Assassin's gloves. Which are pink, for some reason.... I know I still have them @ lvl 15, for that 10% crit chance.

Quick poll: What armor set do you think looks the coolest?

I'm about to start doing the treasure hunts for armor sets and had a quick look at a youtube of the diff ones. I think I remember liking the superior feline set the most. Hopefully by the time I'm in the 20's there will be a mod that removes the pot belly on some armors...

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Enhanced Feline armor looks far best to be for my 20lvl atm. In combination with Cat school techniques it gives alot of attack power, quite effective. I've seen 1,000dmg crit with it. :D

[​IMG]

15. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    But why do so many people wait to go in Skellige?

There is lower lever quests too so you will have to skip those if you wait to go there.

And yeah I dont know is there better gloves than those assassin pink with 10% crit, still have them at L30+ too.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Some people want to complete everything in Velen before they go to Skellige. I didn't leave Velen till I was lvl 21 and I still hadn't completed everything in Velen. Got to Skellige, parked up and haven't touched the game since because I'm disillusioned with the open world nonsense.

17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Sounds like you are burnt out. Take a break maybe?

18. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I'm still in Velen. It takes me up to half a year to complete games like this.:bonk::O

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nah, I'm just not enjoying the open world distractions. They distract me from the meat of the game and it's annoying.

20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I finally finished Witcher 2 so I can start this game at last. But is it just me or do the controls feels kind of clunky on keyboard? Was it designed for gamepads? It feels a bit like GTA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.