Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    I can tell you that he didn't do that, he found another cseq working

2. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Apparently, when I use a modified char01_head.xbg file, the rest of the Aiden models are effected, but the original isn't (hat & trenchcoat version). So, I'm wondering, what file do I need to modify to change the face of Aiden? The facial definition.dpdx works on all Aidens, but without a modified char01_head.xbg applying to trenchcoat Aiden, he gives me the duckface... :(

3. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    if you want to edit his cap and hair, you have to look at char01 head accessories.
    the only way to make the facial definitions work is if they are applied to the head model that it is meant for. Example, tbone head model would apply ONLY to tbone facial def. The only way to make one facial def work with aiden is if you get a head model AND the facial def that applies to that head model in specific.

If you use an outfit in game, the game will load multiple models, head, torso, head accessories, etc. When you are using default aiden, it uses char01 model.

Facial definitions are proprietary to the model that it applies to. NEVER use a different facial def on a different model or else it will mess up their face.

Hope that cleared things up

@the silver, impossible to edit cseqs in this game, ubi encrypted them.
    I just found a sequence that was very similar to e3 2012.

4. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Thank you! Now I understand! :D

5. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Good! :D If you need any more help just ask! :)

6. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Why you say that it's impossible? Just because they can't be converted to easy plain text that anyone can edit with notepad? Actually it's very possible, the fact that they are encrypted just makes it a little more difficult, but we are used to blindly edit anonymous binhex values so I assumed that someone already knew that... :p
    Anyway ok thanks, I was hoping to get some help so we could manage to edit the profiler.cseq and get the profiler-specific DoF like in the E3 videos, well it was worth asking I guess. :D

PS: And yes it was done through this cseq script, not through a camera, this way the effect is overlayed to whatever camera you have. ;)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  7. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I've been also trying to get a face texture that looks more like the 2012 Aiden, but whenever I open the game with the texture loaded (re-packed into a .xbt file) Aiden appears really pale.

Any help?

[​IMG]

8. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    the cseq files are not comprised of binhex, anyways, if it is possible to make the cseq files editable, that would be awesome.
    And yes i knew that the profiler was controlled through the sequences :)

@crasher
    Maybe you are making the texture light? lol i don't know why it would be doing that.Maybe it is the format you are saving the texture in

9. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Yeah, apparently .XBT files are read super light, I'm now tweaking the files so the skin tone looks better, heres the progress:

[​IMG]

10. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I've done this in one hour of testing, and without "making the cseq editable", you just needs some hex editing knowledge. ;)

profiler.cseq

I added a constant DoF effect specific of the profiler mode, it's not dynamic and I managed to make it last only for 25 seconds, but I'd say that it's a good start, and it's especially promising considering that a noob like me did this in so little time... :D

11. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Really cool! i tested it and saw the depth of field for sure.
    I knew it was hexadecimal but i don't know how to edit, i guess i need to learn hexediting!

12. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    @ThatGuy:

You said a few months ago that if it was possible to rip the head from the Flyerguy model and have it compatible with Aiden. Sadly, for some reason, I cannot get Flyerguy to work with Zmodeler (The current modeling program I have), it gives me the message that the file is incompatible, even though .XBG files are compatible with Zmodeler.

So I'm stumped..

13. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Yeah, we can't edit flyerguy, since his xbg mip is files are unknown to the filelist.
    The only way we can edit the files is if we find his xbg and place it in the proper directory...

14. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Does anyone know where the texture for the dedsec outfit sweatshirt is held in, because I cannot find it whatsoever!

[​IMG]

(Sorry if I've been asking too many questions)

15. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    Any ETA on the updates you are still working on ThatGuy ? and also is the privacy intrusion CTD bug going to be fixed ?

16. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    i am not sure when i will update it, sometime this summer.
    I fixed the bug
    here is a screenshot
    [​IMG]
    and another
    [​IMG]

17. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Nice man! I especially like the first picture!

It seems like you got that super-intense bloom during storms?

Anyways, amazing progress you have, and keep up the good work!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a little question, I can't for the life of me find the file which determines the colour of Aiden's sweater, I'm trying to get the blue sweater from the dedsec outfit to look like Aiden's original outfit (the char01.xbg outfit, I got the legs, and torso going for me, but still, the sweater is blue!

Originally I thought it was a texture (going back a few posts ago) but now I realize that its not just a texture, but a seperate file which controls the colouring of the sweatshirt! (either a .xml or a .cseq file)

I'm currently looking into the windy_city_unpack folder to find said file. If any of you guys know anything about what I'm rambling about, many thanks!

18. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    It's controlled by its material file, you can edit it through Zmodeler after importing the 3d model that uses it, it's not an easy task though.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  19. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Yeah, your right, just tried to go by what you said there and frankly, I have no idea what to do... :/

20. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    the bloom in storm settings is not "super intense"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you can see, it is balanced. Enough bloom to have a light diffusion effect on the lamps and buildings, but not too much. If this still seems to be too much, then i would have to make a custom bloom, which would take longer.

And cseq files are not for determining textures or colors of textures. sequence files are made for spawning characters in cut-scenes, creating post effects, overlays, camera movements, etc.
    It would not be an xml either.
    The file type that determines textures if a material.bin.
    obviously when you wear the dedsec clothing it loads different materials, so you just have to find the material that applies to aiden's sweatshirt, and then use the default material.bin in place of the dedsec material.bin.

The only trouble you would have is finding the material.bin that applies to the dedsec colored sweatshirt.
    EDIT
    if you look here
    [​IMG]
    you would see that my newest lighting mixed with the bloom, look almost like this spot. Yes it is covered in dof but regardless, the color, the lights, the bloom, it is very close

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015