The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    That's nice, I'm level 18 but still waiting on the xp patch.

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  3. neeeksta

neeeksta Guest

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    I seem to have a weird thing where the signs don't always change at keyboard command, but will with mouse roll and will reset to Ard( I think)?
    But much more bizarre and annoying is after a death/respawn sometimes geralt keeps jumping every second or so?
    Randomly either the esc menu or a wasd movement will stop it, but sometimes it even needs a restart - anyone had this or any ideas?
    :bang:

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Ah, got it. Thanks!

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  6. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
  7. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Eh, that's not a small difference in resolution. That's 2.5 million pixels, approximately 30% increase in resolution.

If the R9 295x is averaging 45fps at 1800p, driving another 30% resolution at 2160p you could well expect a 30% reduction in frames, which at 45fps is 15fps, leaving you 30fps.

That would make the Titan X comparable, but the videos you posted are from two different people with two different machines, so it's all kinda moot.

8. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Wish they would just release a xp hotfix.

9. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Even if your math is accurate to 99% it's still impressive for the 295x2 tbh.I would love to see some benchmarks on Guru comparing the two cards in 4k all ultra.

10. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    As for the former, I have never gotten that, but I do not use the "change signs" toggle button (default mouse wheel). I just have 5 specific keys for each sign mapped.

As for the latter, yes, I have gotten that 2 or 3 times and the only way I can fix it is by restarting the game.

11. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I finally experienced that level of atmosphere I have not felt since I first played The Witcher back in the day.

In the swampy villiage in the first game...with the corrupt priest ( and entire town as you later discover ), the art style and game design ( despite the graphics ) made the area feel truly drab and dispicable.

Entering the lit tavern truly felt like a reprieve from the darkness and evil of the world...both human and monster.

I was coming back from dealing with the crones in tw3 and just like getting screwed over and lied to by the townspeople in the first game the villiagers and crones had lied to me and it didn't feel like a cheap shock gimmick, but something that made true sense within the game world...that everything was wrong in the world and that was simply the truth about the world itself.

Then came the envirnonmental atmosphere at that same moment, I was heading back to see if there were immediate ramifications with the bloody barron that were not stated, I was facing his fortress, standing at the fast travel point across the bridge and there was a pink sunset in the sky but with a lightning storm raging amongst it and wind blowing everywhere, almost like the world was being cursed in tandem with the story points...and I just stopped and watched the storm, listened to the sounds of the environment in surround sound and took it all in and said 'wow' out loud.

12. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Quick question.

Are there any Maxwell GPU users that do NOT have the rain disappearing issue when loading a save with rain falling while in game?

After some searching I've found the only people who get this are 970 and 980 users.

(I'm still in Velen, so I do not know if this problem includes snowfall as well)

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its common. I've even see happened to me with AMD card. Kinda happens after fast travel, quite rare though.

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Cant recall a game with better graphics. Didnt see the orig trailer that was supposedly better, so if this is 'downgraded graphics', wow. Anyone playing this on a Qnix Qx2710? The eye candy comes out really well on this monitor.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    What for? I choose not to cos you dont know what im talking about anyway.

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    You're coming to that conclusion yourself.. please use spoiler tags people. There has been a lot of info typed out in these threads that I've had to fly past so that I don't get any idea of what's to come in my gameplay.

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    man the side quests for me are a mess

i can't finish any of them like the one with the wolf in the garden

18. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Playing on a Catleap 2B.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Uhm, i know? Normally i do so but like i said, you wont get any info just about what i said, you just read lamp, thats it. The other people spoilered properly, i read them myself. So yes, my conclusion is and was that people arent able to make any use of this info.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, it looks so much better than playing on my 40" 1080p TV. 1440p really helps with all the foliage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.