980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Once you go custom water you will wish you had done it earlier.:)

2. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    So I've heard! Many years ago after I had built my Phenom 9850BE/ATI 4850 rig, I considered watercooling but couldn't justify the cost for the setup.

Now that I'll be going SLI, I definitely want a silent and cool running machine.

There's only a few things left that I'm not quite sure about. Should have my layout and research and everything done in time for when I'm ready to buy the cards.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Interested in what sli config you had in the past, sounds like you had a bad experience to turn you off to sli?

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Well if he had SLI on that system before or any other AMD based system that would explain why he thinks SLI has poor scaling. But my money is that he hasn't used SLI and may have never used Nvidia. Personally I think he is lost. Why else would he be in here trying to stir things up with rude behavior and FUD.

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    EVGA already released theirs with the ACX 2.0 cooler, Newegg has sold out, but saw several shops here that should get them within 2 weeks.

6. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    My thoughts exactly. His statement is fairly bold with little to back it up or even explain what makes him think it's true. Not that it belongs in this thread to begin with..

OT: I'm waiting to see what custom cards have to offer, soooo tempted to pick up a ACX or even reference now, but I've waited this long so a few more weeks won't hurt. Chances are I'll hold out for the classified.

7. Timesgodjillion

Timesgodjillion Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
    What does that have to do with anything? I already had SLI with 2 980s and the scaling was amazing. My question was not seeing much of an improvement switching to the Ti's.

8. stojo

stojo Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti
    Hey all,

first, sorry for my bad english. I am from Germany.
    Yesterday my EVGA 980 Ti superclocked has arrived and i am totaly happy with the perfomance.
    Before the 980 Ti i had the GTX 970. Good card, but too weak for my 1440p Asus ROG SWIFT Monitor.

Many people asked me, why i bought the Reference/stock design 980 Ti and don´t wait for the custom designs to come on market.

But the performance of the first 980 Ti s is enough for me, and i couldn´t wait to get one

So the problem is, the card is getting very hot.

In BF4 and Crysis 3 for example i am getting around 88 Grad Celsius and the stock cooler ist heavy loud then. It sounds like a hairdryer on level 3 ...

I am playing with headphones, so i am not hearing it. But my girlfriend is getting angry, when she is in the same room with me.

Now i am thinking about two things, sending it back and wait for custom design cards or buying a cooler and change it by myself.

The thing is, this EVGA 980 Ti superclocked has a good chip quality. I am getting in boost clock 1380 MhZ (helped a little bit in Afterburner) without increasing the voltage. I think that is very good.

So what would you do? Are there any good coolers to buy for the 980 Ti?
    Is it worth it?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Greetings from germany,

stojo

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Just rang Scan UK to ask if my card was being sent out today and while I was waiting to speak to someone my account changed from "stock expected 4th June" to "stock expected 12th June". Apparently there is no stock in the UK although Scan are expecting limited numbers of the Gigabyte and MSI cards.

Not happy about this at all as they took my money three days ago and I still have to wait another week at least (and it may possibly be longer knowing my luck). Why are NVIDIA saying this card is available to buy if there is no stock? Had I known there would be a shortage/delay in getting supplies then I would have held off pre-ordering. I did not have problems getting my EVGA GTX 980 SC or EVGA GTX 780 from Scan and both were ordered on the first day they went on sale.

*EDIT*
    Has anyone in the UK got their GTX 980 Ti(s) yet? I've just looked on Dabs, Aria and Ebuyer and the former does not list the card at all, Aria have them for pre-order only and EBuyer states they do not expect stock while 30th June!!! :wanker:

10. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Still saying the 8th of June for me but I'll keep an eye on it, personally I'm happy to wait.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You should have waited for a bit over a week, since most shops will have this baby in stock at that time (the version with the backplate):
    http://eu.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=06G-P4-4995-KR&family=GeForce 900 Series Family&uc=EUR

You can probably make use of the 2 week return policy, since your not happy with the stock coolers noise level, and then go for the custom card instead.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Now I am confused!

I have just checked my email and I have two from Scan confirming that my card has not only been picked but also despatched for delivery tomorrow!!! They must have literally got the stock in after I spoke to them on the phone! I am almost jumping for joy here! :D

*EDIT*
    Yup, got a confirmation text on my phone too. Looking promising for the weekend then (unless the card turns out faulty...no, no, I really should have said that!).

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Nice, maybe the date changed on their site because they had a batch delivered that immediately sold out, hence the new date of the 12th being listed, your card is probably from the that batch.

Enjoy your card :D

14. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
  15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I`m guessing he never experienced any sli set ups and prob no xfire either.

17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    If your previous card did not get that hot, then refund the reference one, they do get hotter then reference gtx 980, they can reach 83c easy, if i where u refund it and ask your money back and wait for custom ones, they are very close to going public :)

18. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Still on my jollies in the South of France at the moment, but managed (just about on my phone) to get my step-up started for the 980ti ACX 2.0.

Been a few days now and still its just saying "pending" for my queue.

Anyone else started an eVGA step-up and how are you getting on?

19. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Ummmm, feel a bit bad for saying this butttt -

Original order was with scan, cancelled it as they literally had no clue when they were getting them at the ETA's changed daily.

Got lucky with CCL and have two 980 Ti's at home.

Not had time to fiddle much yet but will do tonight.

Firestrike was close to 20k tho

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Got my free Batman Arkham Knights code from Scan and have successfully redeemed it from the NVIDIA website onto my Steam account. It really is nice to actually get some free stuff with an NVIDIA card for a change and even if the game turns out to be a bit disappointing at least it has not cost me anything extra. :D