The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    The game will get even better, once you dive into the story and side quests the game will open and you will feel overwhelmed with how many things you can do :). I forgot how that feels tbh, good to experience it again.

2. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No its not. You get with this XP for every quest, which you normally dont. So you get more xp which is not balanced at all, also getting more xp then and level faster up, then getting no xp at all for quests which are >6 Level yours even faster.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  4. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Better than no exp at all :)

5. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Agreed - but in this case, I think you'll find it only gets better as you go. I'm 52 hours in and I'm sure I've never been as invested in the story and characters as I am in this game. The Witcher 3 is destined to be among my very favorites...well...ever.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  6. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  7. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I have not had any main quests not give experience except for one, which was greyed out (Suggested level 5 - and I was level 12). Just did a Secondary quest Suggested level 9 - I was level 12, and got over 350 XP.

As long as this system continues working as is, I am fine with it.

8. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    i dropped the right files in the right folder and i can not get the damn debug console to show up ... any ideas?

first mod i tried

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  9. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    TIL - you can skip dialogue with Right mouse button....

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Damn I couldn't imagine playing that long without it, usually read ahead of the voice acting unless it's an important scene

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Same here. But using spacebar more often than rmb. ;)

12. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yea, I had been hitting space too... That's what's on the screen afterall...

I just wish CDPR would publish all the other keybinds (and cross-keybinds like this) that aren't listed in the options screen.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  14. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    But why? I always listen to every word even though the subtitles are on. The only time I have used the skip was when I was trying to kill the Golem with Keira and failed 5 or 6 times. The same thing with the Wild Hunt guy a little later on. If the dialogue is new, I want to hear it.

15. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I've got about 20 hours in. I am in constant amazement at how fantastic this game is. The shortcomings are so few, they aren't even worth mentioning.

The atmosphere in this game is just unparalleled. I have never felt so immersed in a game world as I do here. I love all the tiny details, the weather, the flocks of birds, the outstanding voice acting & dialogue (... the list is endless). I like how the loading screen occasionally has a "the story so far" narrative as you progress. I like how you have to actually eat to feel better (though I have pillaged a few sheep farms exploitatively for food). I am digging how the main characters feel important and relevant.

Much of my time has been exploring, some of it dying over and over as I take on foes I have no business attacking yet. The main quest is nothing short of amazing. The side quests are high quality as well.

...and those cutscenes. Jaw-dropping!

I'm barely 10-20% in, but I already feel comfortable saying:

This is the game of the year.
    This is the new benchmark for RPGs. The best ever.
    This is one of the greatest games ever made.

16. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    When I first started looking at fps hits, I lowered both of those down from ultra. I found that I can stay around 60 with Shadows on Ultra but Foliage distance on High. That's OK with me.

It's the Blacksmiths, merchants and shopkeepers that like to spout the long winded lines every time you visit them that I do it for. It's not like I'm skipping story bits.

Hey, does anyone know what this Potion from Tir Na Lia does?

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Patch or not the game still works great for me. Sure, I see minor bugs here and there (more often now than the first 10-15 hours) but that may be due to the fact that I'm sweeping across Velen trying to do all question marks.

Still odd though to see a pack of level 5 Nekkers in one place and then 500 something steps further away I see a level 25 griffin.

What are Haunted places? (icon like a jar)

Also got tricked by an NPC :p
    Afaik, there is no need for a pass into Novigrad. Still I bought one for 100 crowns

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Use the Lamp Keira gave you. If you dont have the lamp yet you have to wait for the quest.

19. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Please use spoilers kind sir !

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Managed to complete the Of Swords And Dumplings quest at level 16. Now to await my shiny new sword death dealer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.