Fallout 4 at E3 exciting rumours

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Lol, do you honestly rate witcher 3 as the best looking open World game ever? Imo its very mediocre looking, despite its insane hardware reqruirements.

Gta 5 is great looking however, and has relatively mild hardware reqruirements - imagine what rockstar could have done with fallout...

2. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ name me an open world RPG with the size and scope that looks better than Witcher 3.. I'm talking Fantasy RPG, not GTA.

Its one thing rendering environmental wind through leaves branches and foliage and another to render static buildings and cars.

OT: Top down classic view sounds very cool actually.. I'd be interested to see how they could implement that.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I had my bobblehead in my hand as i watched the trailer, and it was wobbling with utter joy at another fallout game. :)

4. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    What a lame counter argument "it has to be RPG open World, not just open World!!!"... What the hell does the genre matter? In terms of technical reqruirements, technical options, and visual capabilities, open World is open World, regardless of genre...

5. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    At a guess something akin to Dragon Age Origins just with a first person zoom? Anyway, I'll be happy if this is the case and if you are able to queue moves in the VATS system while in 'classic view'. All wild speculation of course.

6. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I think immersion should hold priority over graphics when it comes to open world. I'd rather see life taking place within the world rather than photorealistic environments.

Hopefully this game world will have persistence to it. Not too many open world games have it where you character's decisions effect the world.

7. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    You say it as if its either one or the other - you can have both at the same time you know.

8. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I know it can have both it's just that I would prefer a focus on immersion over graphics.

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Are you serious? What does it matter? Would you be suggesting that GTA and W3 should be equally as demanding? Think about that..
    One is set in a city scene with static buildings and cars and people, the other is set in a fantasy world with environmental effects that mingle with foliage, trees, particles.. you don't think that takes more processing?

i'm not suggesting W3 is as optimized as it could be.. Obviously Rockstar has optimized their engine in GTA far more, but cmon..

I'm still waiting for you to provide me with a better looking RPG

I would be as well, but the reason I mentioned implementation is due to how badly I felt Bioware implemented the tac cam in DAI.. I tried NOT to use it, as opposed to use it to my advantage. If its anything like that, it will likely go unused by many..

10. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Have you even played gta 5?

The city is about 25% of the map, rest is grasslands, desert and FOREST.

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I had hoped for a Crysis 3 art direction where nature has started to take over. Hell even Chernobyl is lush and green.

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I'm still waiting for you to tell me a better looking RPG. Perhaps you can't?

13. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Lol, i like how you totally just admitted that you were just throwing bullcrap with gta 5, as you obviously havent played it, if you think its only based inside the city.

And open World is open World - you just made that rpg thing up to win your Little keyboard hero thing you got going on here ;)

14. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Original post, no mention of "rpg" - was oddly added AFTER i mentioned gta as being better... lol

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I admitted that?? OH you mean you are fabricating things from your mind. Cool cool!

Keyboard hero thing? LOL Seems to me you're the one getting agitated here.

And now you're going on about this because, beside GTA, you can't name one. I can surmise this, but not gonna say you admitted it like you did of me, because that would make me look very stupid.

Anyway, if you wanna continue this, please PM me instead.. Id rather not fill this thread with this stuff.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Dorlor you've only just come back from your time out and you're already arguing with gurus, keep calling people keyboard heroes to the minimum. This is the FO4 thread, nobody is interested in you coming here and starting arguments.

17. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Even if i couldnt, it wouldnt matter, as gta 5 on pc is better than witcher 3 in every aspect - especially hardware reqruirements. You can get great Graphics on a 680 in gta 5 - you can barely run witcher 3 on the same gpu, and it will not be pretty.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If the trailer is anything to go by, at least this one will have a more colorful and vibrant world then Fallout 3 did.

I don't care what engine it's running on. It doesn't need to be a graphical powerhouse, or feature all the latest and great features and technical abilities.
    Sorry, but I have yet to see the game that is made awesome solely from the addition of Hairworks, or the latest DX.

If they continue and refine the gameplay model they used in Fallout 3, with a better, more interesting story... the game will be awesome.

19. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Agree, but the bold is the key. If they can recapture the feel of FO3 that will already make it engaging. The rest would just elevate it even further.

I didn't necessarily mind the "blandness" of fallout 3.. I hope that 4 won't go overboard on the colors.. I felt like DAI and W3 both scaled it up a bit too much personally..

20. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    Im unsure what you are smoking but Witcher 3 is a very pretty game, one of the best of the 230 games i own on steam if not the best....and yes i have played GTA 5 yet i still prefer witcher 3 graphic fidelity. Anyway enough of this, back on topic! Excited for FO 4 as well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.