Fallout 4 at E3 exciting rumours

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Hmm I would be interested if their wasn't the looming threat of another paid mod debacle looming on the horizon with this game. They couldn't pull it off with a two year old game with an established modding community but a brand new un released game, just watch and see this be the launch pad for another try at that failed experiment.

If their is even a hint of paid mod establishment then this is a 100% miss for me.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Overlooking the graphical fidelity in a YouTube video, which is only sensible, the art direction looks spot on. The trailer evokes things that most games don't, for me anyway.

Looking forward to this, you graphics whores :p

3. ibitato

ibitato Guest

agreed

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Well, I don't buy games like these for the visuals. I buy them for the fun and this one looks awesome! :D

Time to relive some Fallout 3!

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The buggy mess that was Fallout: NV almost put me off these games for life. I hope it's technically more sound at the very least.

6. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    wow, it looks like sh!t. Lost interest like instant.

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    *facepalm*

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Let's hope there wont be any loading screens when entering Small Buildings, that's so not done Anno 2015.

9. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Why are people pre ordering after just one short vid?

I cant get excited over a game that doesn't even have a release date

10. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    People seriously arguing over graphics in a trailer that gets compressed to hell and back by youtube.

@Party Poison
    Could you be anymore ignorant and edgy?

11. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I don't often buy a game on release as it costs too much imho, this however is a day one purchase for me :)

12. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Sorry but the Youtube compression argument doesn't work here. The game's animations look similar to Skyrim and the graphics just look poor for a game that might be release in late 2015 or 2016! To argue otherwise is ridiculous.

Despite the poor looking graphics, I'll still get the game since I loved Fallout 3 and enjoy the TES series. I just wish Bethesda would focus a bit more on visual fidelity and make a better game engine. Imagine the atmosphere they could create if they had a better engine? Guess I'll have to wait until TES 6 to see if they'll finally make a game that's jaw dropping to look at. Still won't get my hopes up though.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    One thing I recall about FO3 is zero recoil guns, assault rifles. That really made combat feel cheap. I know there were mods that fixed that, but only discovered them after finishing game. I enjoyed the game, but I had lower standards in 2009 :D.

FO-NV sucked ballz imho.. could not even finish it. Will certainly not pre-order FO4, will wait and watch it until well after release before making up my mind. And please Bethesda, hire more voice actors.. preferably new ones.. no familiar voices from Skyrim or FO3.

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I think it looked AWESOME!

But then again, i'm used to Blizzard Graphics.

15. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    your reaction is understandable, but you have to admit the graphics really looks crap. From the looks of it it's about 10% increase in detail and that's about it.
    Yes i know, it's not all about graphics, but you know, it is actually.
    I was really expecting something great, but i was shocked to see the same game, graphics wise.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    here we go with the graphics again..

doesn't anyone remember fo3? It was the same thing.. didn't look as good as some games when it released as well and it was a bangin game, regardless of graphics.

I almost lost my mind reading people trashing Witcher 3 prior to release and despite the "downgrade" people are still complaining about, its easily one of the best looking, if not THE best looking open world game ever.

Seriously people..

"Yes i know, it's not all about graphics, but you know, it is actually"

"Yeah, I think the game looks like $hit, but you know, it looks great though."

:3eyes:

17. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I don't think the graphics look bad at all! I think people just tend to idealize the better looking games with lots of eye candies and set those as the benchmark for every other game to match.

Because surely they started working on it once tressFX/hairworks were options!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  18. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    OK, so I think I got my wish about having a top down strategic view (possibly). This thread was posted a while back from a supposed disgruntled Bethesda employee:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

People laughed at them but a lot of what they said has turned out to be spot on with the release of the trailer. What I find most exciting is this (from the post)

"Fallout 4 plays similar to Fallout 3 and New Vegas. You can play in Third Person or First Person, or on the PC version, a new "Classic Mode" that will put the game into birds eye view and play similar to the classic Fallout Games. (Although by my experience, it actually looked and played more like the PS2/Xbox Fallout: Brotherhood of steel.)"

I really hope this is true :) Also 3 times as large as Skyrim!!! OK I'm sold

19. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    lets hope its less buggy from the get go..... I'm all for the next reincarnation of games, and pushing the hardware, but please get the game-play right....

20. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Graphics...remember it (is) cross platform so PC is low man on totem pole, always. Plus the fidelity will be increased with mods for pc version anyways.

So is Boston the only city? It looks like various locales, hopefully it will take place in multiple areas across the country. The part I like most is at 1:41 where it appears to be a seedy underworld.

No release date?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.