Computex 2015 Exclusive: AMD Fiji GPU Die Photo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 3, 2015.

1. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    We need a active adapter

2. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    You sir are god.

3. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Hear you there. After all these are discussions on an enthusiast based forum centered around a common hobby/love affair we all have about PCs and gaming. Conversations on subjects that have an emotional tie to them sift through the minutia and have year long discussions about the tiniest of details. Others looking from the outside have the same opinion as was ranted above. I for one do not have the same passion towards PCs and gaming as I once did. Life moves on, we are no longer the same individuals we were twenty, thirty years ago. The feelings may not be as polarized as they once were but that's with all things as well. It is great to see younger generations have those intense polarized feelings I once had about the same hobby. May understand your view point but do not share that grating feeling reading through all the discussions; reminds me when I was there in the thick of it, still am to some degree. What is it that ignites your drive to pursue information about the tiniest of details? None of this matters in the big picture of things but it also defines us to some degree; the tiniest of glimpses into what makes us who were are.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Ayy.

5. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    Read it through a couple of times just to be sure, but I agree on all points! Made my day :cheers:

6. jerzeeloon

jerzeeloon Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 ti hybrid sc2
    Damn things ain't looking so good for amd. It'll probably be embarrassing for them to launch this card at this point as it will likely cost more then the gtx 980ti.

7. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Ey you need to calm the fck down before you blow a vein or something...

What we in her in the forums discuss and exchange opinions about, is really none of your business unless you actually participate.

Anything else from you is a waste of peoples time and especially if you can do nothing besides insult people.

If I wan't to spend 1000$ on a new gfx card - its absolutely my choice and nothing that you can or will say matters.

Jesus man - who took a shiet on your breakfast ?!?

8. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Bei my fellow Romania, calm the fock down, i understand that you are an nvidia fan boyo but take a chill pill. It's just my opinion. I will buy it just to support other companies that implement new tech, keep your 3.5gb 970 or buy a supper overpriced 980ti if you don't like it.

9. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    This forum lately. Is going down fast.

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Its because the new GPU's are on their way in and there's a lot of speculation regarding HBM/AMD. So a bunch of new people are coming out of the wordwork and posting their opinions -- ignoring like months worth of discussions that the regulars have already stated/explored. Once Fiji releases it will go back to the way it was until PASCAL rumors start hitting.

It's an endless cycle of opinionated kerf*ckery ignited by a few blogs that generate enormous advertising revenue based on stuff they probably made up.

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I have given out infractions just now, this is my warning towards everyone else. Do no make me give anymore.

12. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    http:// wccftech . com /amd-fiji-xt-based-graphic-card-r9-fury-x-camera-interposer-pcb-size/
    just WOW
    19 cm

13. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    No worries, you are correct i overreacted, won't happen again. It's just that have a powerful hate towards 90% of my fellow countryman for personal reasons and that guy is a pure example why.

My first infractions since i joined in 2006..not bad :p

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Isn't it sad day for my e-peen based on Accelero Xtreme? My card with it measures 32.5cm.

15. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    --The competition has better high end stuff already on the market. Possibly 2 models that are better than the new AMD flagship card.
    --The competition runs more efficiently so there's less power needed, less heat created and air cooling is still viable. The nvidia cards likely have more head room if AMD is water cooling out of the gate.

It's not that these are bad cards it's just that they're so inefficient that AMD would be crazy to price these things higher than $600 (if the performance is 980Ti level-ish). We'll just have to see the benchmarks but it isn't looking promising. We won't even factor in the famously mediocre AMD drivers.

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    yeah nvidia driver are a second coming
    and a hybrid solution trumps every air solution

17. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    100% agree with SHOCKTRUPPEN on this one.
    Now, having said that I'm still pretty interested to see how this all goes but It's unlikely I'll be trading in my car for a new GPU anytime soon.

To those that keep suggesting that a "simple", "dirt cheap" adapter is the solution to all dual dvi concerns, I invite you to look into the topic a little harder. AFAIK, a proper adapter will be $100+ and will quite likely introduce lag.
    An adapter of any kind is not really a solution for a purpose built gaming machine.

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Yeah but you can get to 1500ish on air alone on maxwell. Nvidia cards tend to have higher oc

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm glad it's getting released soon, i like a bit of speculation but with this GPU it has all dragged on abit.

I don't think there will be an outright winner, the 980ti will win in some games, and Fiji will win others.

Price wise doubt it will be cheap, possibly even more than the 980ti.

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Just in case someone wants to watch AMD's live Fiji presentation:
    AMD