AMD Catalyst 15.x (15.200.1038.0 May 29) Win7/8.1 - Now digitally Signed!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. b2rdark

b2rdark Guest

GPU:
    7870 XT
    Hi guys!

Worth installing this driver on windows 7? Is it any better than 15.5 beta?

2. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Yes better than 15.5. Though you have 7870 so I don't expect much difference on fps side. Maybe a bit smoother due of improved drawcall performance. But you ain't that much gpu gapped anyways. But help you get more out of cpu anyways.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  3. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Small problem I've noticed with these drivers. My desktop clocks don't drop down to idle state, instead they drop to cards default 3d values. Should go down to 300/500MHz , instead they're 920/1375Mhz. Dunno if it's the drivers, or the fact I had to reflash my vid card yday.

4. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Works fine for me with idle clocks on Win8.1. In 3DMark API I get performance in between the 15.5 drivers and 1023.0 on Win10 (the best for me so far).

5. jeff69dini

jeff69dini Member

GPU:
    evga 2gb gtx 750ti
    these don't work for me on windows 7, ruined my install actually, had to system restore, what a mess! complained about not being signed, complained about windows not letting unverified drivers to install, tried running setup, nope, said error installing catalyst manager, anyways 1 big mess

6. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    it looks like you didnt follow every step of the install description.
    you have to do it EXACTLY the way its described. else you get problems.

7. jeff69dini

jeff69dini Member

GPU:
    evga 2gb gtx 750ti
    I followed EXACTLY my friend, I mod drivers myself and these are a total mash up in 7

8. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Man this driver doesn't like oc much. I had stable clock with no over voltage and power limit at 30% with 1115 on the core and 1400 on memory. Now i have texture flicker even on 1100/1400 so far on ACU and Dying Light. I am testing more games and downclocking. With factory clock, the issue is still present.

9. Zweite93

Zweite93 Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X Core Edition
    I there any guide how to install this kind of driver properly?

10. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    This driver is now digitally signed. If your system meets the requirements for this driver, just clean your current set of drivers using DDU in safemode. After restarting into normal mode, install this driver from Device Manager or, if I'm not very mistaken, you can also just run the Setup.exe (right click on it as chose "run as administrator") if you want to install CCC, but then make sure you don't install crapware such as Raptr, restart and you're set, which means go for custom install in CCC, never Express.

Good luck, kiddo!

11. Zweite93

Zweite93 Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X Core Edition
    I'm always have some error with windows driver signature (win 7 home prem). I did try chose Disable driver signature enforcement from boot advanced options but it did't help.

12. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    SHA2 certificates on Windows 7 require your Windows to be fully up to date.

So if you do not update your OS, you will have a bad time.

13. Zweite93

Zweite93 Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X Core Edition
    Last time I update my OS it's broke my Visual Studio somehow and I had to reinstall it all over again.
    Good thing I managed to disable this signature ******* through bcdedit.

14. dontpokethebear

dontpokethebear Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire 7950 3072mb
    question: I finally got around to testing this out and I got a blue screen during the installation. I used DDU to get rid of the 15.5 beta then ran the extracted setup exe like it said to in the OP. I'm on windows 7. Was there anything I'm supposed to do that's not listed in the OP of this thread?

15. Vestar

Vestar Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X OC
    Do you suggest me to upgrade from 15.5 original drivers?
    What's the difference?

16. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    For best performance possible in all new games, i suggest doing the following.
    Install omega driver with hdmi hotfix
    install beta 15.3
    install beta 15.4
    install beta 15.5

don't just clean install beta 15.5 because you will experience lower fps in games like dying light, and gta v.

You can also clean install the driver here, but you might run into flickering textures in ACU and dying light. And stutter in witcher 3.

17. Vestar

Vestar Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X OC
    Really?
    I always thought that all the improvements were included in the latest update.
    I always see people saying: "do a clean install, don't overwrite the old driver".

18. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Well what you need to do is to compare, first overwrite and do few benchmarks, run through an area and note down how the game performs, then do a clean install and see if there is any improvement or decrease in performance. At times latest drivers include few tweaks that lower the performance on older games while focusing on increasing performance for targeted games. When overwriting these latest amd drivers you, you are just actually updating the games profile for the newer games, while the older remain untouched. And i think beta 15.5 was updated from the official omega driver which why i noticed lower performance when clean installed. The best thing to do is just test and see for yourself. You got them all anyway in some AMD folder in the c partition, so you won't need to look for them, unless you deleted older ones.

19. Vestar

Vestar Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X OC
    Thanks for the info.
    I have only one question about 14.12 drivers.
    I have to install the "normal" 14.12 driver to have the HDMI hotfix, or i have to install this?
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU-5001.aspx

20. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    The hotfix already is 14.12, it just includes a fix for a hdmi scaling bug, where in games resolution doesn't match the screen in fullscreen mode and you see black frame around your display when using hdmi cable. So just the one in the link, no need for the normal one.