High End Audiophile thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    ^ Looks like a fantastic job ^ that will be nice to be able to switch out cables that you already own.

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Ah ok thanks for explaining. :)

Yeah i've had an 10inch powered sub, M-Audio SBX10, it was perfect. :banana:
    But it didn't really matched my 5inch monitors i had with it, the sub totally overpowered them.

3. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Thanks, that's the idea behind the removable/detachable cable mod.

As always, when one has too much of a good thing, life decides to give one a swift kick in the butt. The right channel on my AKG K812 is dead, I have to send it to Austria for repair so I believe it's gonna cost me since it's off warranty......mentally preparing myself to pay 500USD at the very least.

4. Blacklac

Blacklac Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB
    This thread needs more equipment pr0n... :D

I dunno about high end, but this is about as expensive as I'll go at this point in my life. My bedroom setup. Paradigm SE's with my Denon AVR + BD player and Onkyo HD DVD player. There's a little 8" sub in there, but its not worth mentioning.

[​IMG]

I wear my Sennheiser's at the gym... :D

Last edited: May 29, 2015

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    My package from Mayflower Electronics came today, and despite my being down about the K812, I sat down and got to work on my T50RP. The package contained a Comfort Band for the T50RP as well as a mod kit. Used some of the black clay like material and foam padding and did a mod I'd followed in HeadFi. The bass is less boomy, tighter and the treble isn't as bright, so I'm pleased with the mod.

The Comfort Band helps a lot, the crown of my head doesn't hurt after wearing the can for a period of time, previously, it'd bother me after about an hour....the T50RP looks almost the same as I'd previously posted, but with the addition of the Comfort band on the outside. The inside has been tuned up to my liking....still have a lot of stuff leftover from the mod kit, so I might tinker with it further in the future.
    [​IMG]

6. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    The headband looks pretty comfy...I always did like the look of those cans.

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    The headband is so similar to the one on the HD600/650 that I think it it actually is. Besides, the plastic wrapper that the Mayflower Electronics Comfort headband came in had a Sennheiser sticker on it. I like the way the T50RP look now, and with the MrSpeakers Alpha pad + Comfort band combo, it is actually quite comfortable. I've been wearing it for the past 3 hours or so, listening to some awesome DSD tracks, and playing some games.....no discomfort issue at all. Now, I really get why the T50RP is so loved by the HeadFi community.

8. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    My HD650 headband is a little different, but it may be like the HD600 headband

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Possible, I don't own either the HD600 or HD650, so hard to say but the Comfort band does look quite similar to those on the Sennies.

Anyway, today is a holiday, took some time off to go to town to grab a DAP (since I'd be getting a Senn IE800, figured I'd need a DAP). The Fiio X3 II (or X3K) checked all the prerequisites I was looking for in a DAP. Doesn't come with a charger but a charge/data USB cable is supplied, a coaxial out adapter cable, a number of decals/skins to cover the X3 if you so wish, and a black silicon slip on case.
    [​IMG]

Also met up with the seller of the ATH-W5000 to collect the can, so now, I have wood!:giggle2:
    [​IMG]

10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

You can tell they're a good set of headphones. The manufacturer can even spell correctly ;).

11. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    OUR, lol I get it dude :) They are nice cans though...

@mikeysg

Have a great holiday, enjoy...

regards,
    RagDoll.

12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Gorgeous looking can.

Speaking of gorgeous headphones, I'm surprised you don't have a Fostex TH900 by now considering the rest of your collection.

[​IMG]

I want a set so badly.

13. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Thanks, and can you clue me in on what thatguy91 was referring to? Been scratching my head since reading his post.....:3eyes:

And thanks guys, I just love my cans, I am tempted to swap my HD800 (which I seldom use now) for a new'ish Grado PS1000.

@Darkest, The reason why I don't have a TH900 is due to a couple of deals I'd arranged, to the point where I'd have to meet the seller to complete the deal.....but then, the sellers fell outta sight and weren't heard from again. Guess I wasn't meant to get one....:bang:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  14. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    That's a shame mate, seems fate has other ideas.

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Looks like that I will be buying FiiO E7 or E10 instead of Schiit DAC/AMP. Have not bought one yet though. Other recommendations are also welcome for some USB DAC/headphone amp for under 100€. Not sure if I want to the Grad SR80e though, AKG K-702 is only 100€ more (all under 100ohm headphones). Might end up using my K-240MK2 for a while before I'm sure what I want. Not sure yet and not sure what application I'm going to use from PC, not Spotify for sure, perhaps Tidal or so...

So, FiiO e7 or E10 or something else ?

And mikeysg, why not add STAX to your headphone collection ?

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Portable or not? If not portable, Aune T1 is what I'm using. Love it. You get your tube rolling too.

17. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Does not need to be portable, will use at work connected to work laptop. Just want something to listen to with something which doesnt sound horrible.

Not interested in rolling tubes, somewhat neutral solid state is preferred and that T1 is kinda a bit on the expensive side. T1 could be an option if it was for home use.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hmmm, ok then, I haven't actually checked T1 pricing recently, but hope you find something you love :)

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    He might be looking at the more recent MK2 (the real one, not just the upgraded tube), it's a healthy improvement over the original model. Asynchronous USB and a couple of other updates. There shouldn't be a huge leap in price though.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  20. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    See where it says Copper Colour, in Australia we spell the word color, Colour, with a u, where as in America, it's just Color :)

regards,
    RagDoll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.