The Witcher 3 tweak thread

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by PhazeDelta1, May 19, 2015.

1. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    hovering on msaa on the tool,says it doesn't work and the option is also greyed out

2. boykimma

boykimma Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660 2GB
  3. -HaVoK-

-HaVoK- Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 2-way SLI
  4. jamesbart

jamesbart Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX970 4GB
    IMO going above 2048 for `max texture size` has zero impact on texture quality. I cannot post comparison screens due to forum restrictions (my post count is 2) but Ill do it later.

Last edited: May 31, 2015

5. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    Uuuuh, I love the Witcher 3 Soundtrack, it is so romantic.

Damned, I made a preset yesterday which took me about 4 hours, but I never thought of the other regions in the game. I hope they are ok because in Novigrad they look amazing, I would say very close to the E3 Trailer.
    Btw. pretty much all you have to do is decrease "red". You can already do this in the "user" or "visuals" file, dunno which of them. But it is for the whole game not for one particular region. But maybe we can get something to work...

6. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Hmm... I can enable them both, I have the latest one according to Nexus Mods.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You might be able to enable 4096 textures with it but I don't think you can use a config utility created by a modder as proof, you need to post screenshots.

7. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    i figured out...so there is an msaa in postprocess ,that is greyed out, further down i can select msaa too

8. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    there are no textures above 2k resolution, anything beyond is useless and alot of the settings from that manager/ini files are locked

9. -HaVoK-

-HaVoK- Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 2-way SLI
  10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

11. -HaVoK-

-HaVoK- Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 2-way SLI
  12. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1

Any help here?? cant believe no one is interested in improving cast shadowing for fire and all light sources...that would make the game A LOT better graphics wise...:3eyes:

13. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Haven't see anything like that in the game, guess in your screenshots the engine didn't pull the right texture files and leave the low(far away,lods if you want) textures when you were close up. TEXTURE FILES CAN BE 512,1024,2048,4096 and 8192 with or without compression. 3072 no matter what anyone's say about different between 2048 and 3072 is a lie. IT doesn't even exists as a texture file(and it can't be).
    So check again..

Also I haven't see a reply for the memory stuff tweaks if they work for anyone..

UBERSAMPLING doesn't exists in this game too, maybe devs will unlock/add later.
    MSAA its doesn't work in this game, It doesn't exist (or it's locked) from game's engine.

14. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    I have the same texture Problem. Playing at High textures some of them only load when Geralt is close to them ( 5 feet ).

15. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    i think i found a way how to change the lighting, the settings are in CSV format, and its straighforward but i have to figure out the file structure more accurately

16. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    finally got my hand on the weather settings, her's how the swamp zone look with a different one ( without sweetfx ) ,need to remove the snow now

17. joloxx9

joloxx9 Guest

GPU:
    970 @1585
    Could you share where did you found it?

18. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  19. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    He tweaked it himself

20. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    yeah i used that mod to locate where the weather settings are, but now i have a better understand about how the environment work and what file do what exactly, i also find a good lighting preset that look ok everywhere, no more flat summer blue sky ! will make a video later