Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, modding online content is tricky, if not "a terrible idea".

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    PRO TIP: Don't use grips... and welcome back mobile accuracy.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    bf4 is so annoying when you spawn right into ur friend being shot and u get killed with him along.... so freakin annoying also dying from 2 shots, it's like hackers in the game shooting u.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    What's more annoying is unbalanced teams on some maps. No map control = Spawn die spawn die spawn die...

Some maps offer enough cover to run from angle to angle and start making a comeback, others are just... well your team getting hammered.

I guess infantry combat wise that's the success of lockers, though it lacks this aspect on the BASE spawns (which would mediate alot of the basraping tbh).

Golmud is probably the only more "open" map that offers this properly in some areas (the little town or domination area).

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Allowing mods into the main base game everyone else is playing in online... That's an entirely different can of worms right there hahaha...

It does nothing but show the stupidity of Rockstar.

---

Gun Game is FUN.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    AN94, or general advice? :D

7. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Played a few hours last night. So far, I'm mostly satisfied with the Spring Update. Gunplay feels snappier and more responsive. The only thing that bothers me is the tracers. It looks like everyone's shooting laser beams at each other. Looks unrealistic and takes away from the immersion. I'm puzzled why they would let such a change go live. It's just silly to me.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Yes... that is the one thing for me as well... the "laser beams" as you so eloquently put it...

I don't understand the laser beams also, it was perfect before.

I had an LMG with a suppressor, and I was shooting like glowing cannon balls..... I hope they revert this because it really does look horrible.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
  10. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Since patch I've been getting disconnected from servers a lot and the game will randomly freeze for 3-5 seconds.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Have you tried the "Repair Game" Option from within Origin? Right click BF4 and click repair game.

It will scan all the game files and then require anything missing or corrupt.

I wish Origin had a backup and restore feature like Steam -__-

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, I hear you on those angled and muzzles.
    Can't view the report at work, sry.

I played a bit this weekend, and when I quit it yesterday I knew why I wasn't missing it. Was best of the team, my buddy second, then it was a huge gap, and then the rest of our team, three consecutive rounds in a row. The only good thing though, I'm playing with above 150fps at 1080p ultra atm :banana:

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Since the patch ive had problem with killing people. It indicates that a hit them, i put half or full mag into them and they dont die, turn around and kill me with 1 or 2 shots :( so frustrating!

14. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I noticed some odd things where I plug 8 rounds into someone then they turn around and kill me with a single pistol shot. Or when it was a good 60+m between me, with my DMR, and a player with an LMG and I put half a clip in him, he lives, then he hits me with 2-3 bullets, I die. But then again I've seen the same scenarios but in my favor.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I shot someone with an MP7 at near point blank range... he went to stab me, it played through the front stab animation, then he died from me shooting him with the MP7.

I am getting a lot of trade kills also.

My ping is 22

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I get the impression netcode and consistency has improved but latency related issues have worsened (peekers advantage seems different as well?).

17. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Thanks. This seemed to work; no disconnects tonight.

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmm oddly enough, I feel the game become more responsive. I've been playing a couple of hours over the past weekend and yesterday evening, and besides the annoying 'real players on my team' factor involved, I have the feeling that actually BF4 works better than before. Then again, at the same time as the spring update was released, I changed the rig, so I can't be sure tbh.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I tried that new game mode where you have one life.......... it was horrible.... It did nothing but remind me of why I stopped playing counter strike.

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    The question is what his ping was, thats the more important question.

You mean Gun Master? The same mode which was introduced with the Close Quarters DLC in BF3? One life? Ok, if you put it like that...