The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  3. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    Really??? As is, most GUI/HUD items are too large..... REALLY need an option to freely move/scale those HUD items individually :/

4. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    You mean like an extension cord to make it longer ? if so,no i'm just using the regular xbox pc wireless usb receiver with nothing between it ( the receiver is wired,the controller is wireless ).I did fix the issue by disabling vibration in the menu,i haven't really tried switching usb ports or anything.How can it be underpowered btw,related to the psu ?

Also a bit out of place but,what's the best setting for usb in the windows power options menu,usb selective suspend setting, enable or disable ?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015

5. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
  6. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I don't understand. How did he turn on GI?

Is it something that loads in when you load a save game then slowly disables itself?

7. -HaVoK-

-HaVoK- Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 2-way SLI
  8. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    HBAO+ works fine...
    And I have better performane with new drivers...

HBAO+
    [​IMG]

SSAO
    [​IMG]

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well if anyone is wondering why I've not been posting much on the forums then this game is the reason why. An absolutely phenomenal game in just about every way. I've clocked up some 60-70 hours on the PS4 version alone (level 20 at last), granted I am doing every side quest I can that is suited for my character level (or lower). I also have 35-40 hours on the PC version (level 13). What is cool about doing two playthroughs is making different choices; I usually learn from one version what decisions best to make in the other, for example, the outcome of the excellent Bloody Baron quest is completely different in both games.

This game for me is the new Skyrim, an insanely addictive open world RPG that manages to surpass Bethesda's classic in every department IMO, from the quests to the characters (all of whom are memorable which is more than can be said for an Elder Scrolls game, right?) to the design of the world which despite obvious limitations manages to feel more alive than any other game of this genre (only GTA V comes close but that is not an RPG, obviously).

There is just so much content here and exploration is rewarding (there is always a new design or weapon/armour to be found) and many of the side quests are just as good as the main ones albeit these are usually shorter. This game really has no filler and has been surprisingly bug-free. Sure there are some minor animation and clipping glitches but I have not encountered any broken quests yet (unlike Oblivion/Skyrim). A very impressive achievement IMO. Even the combat is a lot of fun. Not exactly deep, granted, but it feels tactical enough with the powers and potions to be enjoyable. Some of the "bosses" are very entertaining to fight and there is a huge variety of monsters and enemies throughout the game as evidenced by the Bestiary.

A few gripes though (no game is perfect after all)...the inventory is initially fine but once you accumulate a lot of stuff then it becomes a chore to navigate, especially with the auto-sorting feature. I will often find books or letters that I see when selling stuff to Merchants and these are shown at the top-left from newest to oldest. However, you cannot read them from there and when I then go to the inventory screen then the game has auto-sorted everything and I have to wade through 150+ books and letters to find the ones I have just picked up!!! Deeply annoying!

That would not be so bad if the game had some kind of storage/chest system but it doesn't. You can drop loot and it will stay where you drop it but with a game world this big and no "home base" per se then it means having to remember where you left stuff. I guess one workaround is to pick a location near a Fast Travel sign and use that but it is not ideal as the looting system does not show the same amount of detail as inventory screen (for weapons and armour) so you have no way of knowing which is better. Maybe CD Projekt Red can patch it a container system like Bioware did for Dragon Age Inquisition?

P.S. I have found the 100 item saddlebags to increase my carrying capacity but is there anything higher than that?

10. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500

11. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
  12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So ehm......

[​IMG]

13. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Darren is there screen tearing in the PS4 version and is the pop up bad.

14. -HaVoK-

-HaVoK- Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 2-way SLI
  15. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Weird you didnt add gameplay to cons?
    Its pretty terrible... sluggish, not accurate and just terrible.

Game is amazing but if combat/gameplay was amazing then this would be REALLY amazing game.

Combat is just meh when there is autolock system that messes fights if there is more than 2 enemies.
    Not accurate movement and it just feels so slow and delayed and sluggish etc etc.
    Totally made for console controls or something.

56h clocked @ L21 or L22 so im not just guessing things!

I hope it can be fixed with some patches/mods in near future.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've been playing close to 30hrs now and I'm definitely starting to notice some bugs here and there. The most annoying ones is when Geralt get stuck in entrances or Roach get stuck just when a bridge starts. Some NPCs give me some camera bugs (the camera is super zoomed after exiting conversation).

17. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yep exactly I thought you were using an extension, but it seems not, never had issues using the wireless receiver myself.

I always have that setting disabled, don't see a need for it to turn off usb for any devices :)

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There is no screen tearing as the PS4 version is fully v-synced. However, the framerate can feel a bit chuggy at times, usually at night and/or in heavy rain, but is otherwise perfectly playable IMO holding mostly 25+ fps. According to Digital Foundry's technical analysis, cutscenes can drop to 20 fps on the PS4 too but that is not really an issue except for making them look less smooth to watch.

The draw distance is excellent but there is certainly visible drawing in of foliage, shadows and other smaller details which you can see if you look for it. However, it is very well done for the most part and not something I have found distracting. The game can struggle a bit when riding on horseback at speed through heavily populated areas such as Novigrad though and I have seen NPCs pop in jarringly. I generally run around on foot now except when overburdened as the horse is not useful otherwise (it adds to the amount of weight you can carry around with you bizarrely even when you don't use it!!!). As such I am seeing less pop in as the engine seems to be able to cope better on foot!

The PS4 version is excellent in my view. The PC version is the definitive edition for the higher graphical settings and framerate but the console version is still an impressive achievement. I have not experienced any crashes or major bugs in either the PS4 or PC versions, again an amazing feat for a huge open world game like this one.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've encountered some amusing glitches too such as weird NPC deaths where they would literally freeze mid-fall! It made for a truly bizarre sight after I'd cleared a bandit camp of 8 or so enemies! There is also some amusing clipping issues such as two horses or people occupying the same space and one instance where a couple of NPCs where sliding around with their arms outstretched like they were statues. Nothing game-breaking though.

20. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Thanks Darren, I will get this game when I'm through with bloodborne.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.