AMD Driver DLLs Repository and Performance Survey

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by PrMinisterGR, May 30, 2015.

1. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    Nice idea! Will this work for mantle games as well? Looking to use the mantle from 1018 drivers if someone can help.

2. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I'm still getting flickering in the witcher 3. I'm using 1036 driver but even with official 15.5B i get flickering and yes i disabled AA but not helping

3. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Any difference in performance between the two? on single gpu?

4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    PrMinisterGR

I got a request for you already. Can you add the DLL files, primarily for OpenGL, DX9 to DX11.2 too as secondary. From version 13.12 of AMD Drivers (people using MPC and MPDN on other forums find those to be the best drivers for media players, and it would be interesting to see if the DLL's work with the latest drivers).

5. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    don't know will maybe test later. All i can say is i played project cars yesterday on almost max with track detail on low and grass on off and no lag get constant 96fps. frametimes also lower.

can you include mantle from driver 15.4 cause there I get over 18mil. i still play bf4 with mantle and can do with the better mantle scores.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Thanks for this, it is just proof that the method works, for people who might not believe it :)

What you say sounds right, but I'm not 100% sure yet. That would depend on how the driver you use now is interpreting calls I guess. I haven't had time to check. Which settings did you try?

I'm uploading the Mantle dll files now.

I'm uploading the 13.12 driver dlls now. The dlls will work as long as your hardware ids are recongized by the drivers in the dlls.

7. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I see mantle but no 15.4. Can you upload that one please as it's giving me the best results

8. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I tried to force Vsync through the drivers instead of the ingame Vsync, and it didn't work. That was long ago, I tried that same .dll file a few months ago out of curiosity and I get textures missing. That file is from the 12.XX era and is outdated, that could be a reason too, as OpenGL has made progress.

9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The files are still uploading, 1Mbit... :infinity:

I never remember CCC vsync actually working, it is one of the gripes I have with AMD drivers actually :p

10. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    @PrMinisterGR thanks for the mantle upload, but I am getting this error when loading up BF4, any ideas? :)

[​IMG]

11. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I don't think mantle files work the same way as directx so we can't copy the files or we not copying all the files or the correct files.

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'm uploading all the dlls that have "mantle" in their name, they are four in total. If anyone can point me in a direction where I can find which exactly are the files, or if I'm missing something, please do.

13. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Omg, ty PrMinisterGR...you saved me a lot of time and effort :)

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  14. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Could you check your gpu usage?

15. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    PrMinisterGr

Why not just upload the _ files and let people extract it for themselves? This will shorten download and upload times for everyone!

16. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    What an interesting way to get the driver game improvements without having to update a driver, just dropped the 15.5 files into my Project Cars directory (I'm on 15.4 drivers) and it was really good improvement and a clear difference in performance.

I recon this would make a great sticky with a slight title change to "AMD Driver DLL Repository", its very useful for testing purposes without having to deal with a full driver reinstall.

17. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    @PrMinisterGR

Maybe the amdmantle64.dll file is missing?

[​IMG]

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Sticky this...................

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Extraction is a bit tricky, and I'm zipping them with the best possible compression. The Zip file both compresses, and makes sure that the dll you get from the download is not corrupt, so it's a win-win for ease/size.

Good catch. I'm reuploading now, and if anybody wants they can check. I have nothing that uses Mantle, except 3D Mark.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  20. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Just be aware that the dll files may not always work, or be truly representative of what it would be like with the proper driver installed. I guess it depends on the interoperability of the dll file sand the drive .sys files etc.

The other issue is to remember exactly what versions of dll files you place where, and to actually remove etc when you install a new driver. I can just imagine now people complaining about games not improving with new drivers when they have simply forgotten to remove old dll's from the folder!

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just that people should be aware of the potential downsides :).