AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, May 29, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Are you seriously buying a GPU NOW, that BOTH companies are about to announce GPUs next week? :3eyes:

2. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    Some people just love living the moment :infinity:

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    , the

I agree there is not PhysX mistery.

A different story is the Gameworks "affair", the CLEAR sponsorship of Project CARS from Nvidia and the "coincidence" of the bad AMD performance in another Gameworks title.

Nobody is filling his game with ADS for free, at least not a smart one.

I don't think SMS is a dumb developer. :)

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Yep.

We need some batches of VS benchmarks to have an informed opinion and even some new games to compare them.

For me it takes some months to make a decision based on hardware power and most important real gaming perfomance while combined with a software support.

5. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Of Course not.
    And that is why the performance its diferent.
    Altough i would love to see a benchmark with the Windows 10 on project cars between both nvidia and AMD.

Well the game is suppose to release a DX12 patch, i wanna see how nvidia is going to hold its performance then.

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If they don't, or if AMD hardware is the same, then it would be a glorious day indeed :D

Although **** like GameWorks can be pulled in other ways too (look at the tesselation extravagance in the Witcher, which could have happened NO MATTER THE API).

7. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Yeah good luck with that your GPU is near to being called legacy I doubt they're going to fix anything for it now

8. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    How about setting Tessellation factor to 4X via Catalyst and see how Project Cars performs? If it's Gameworks at play, there must be a lot of Tessellated assets in game. I can't test it for myself until I get my broadband, which is next week.

9. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I think its not tess assetts too.
    The game for me is very cpu bound, I am cpu bottleneck, if it was tesslation my gpu usage would be 99%
    I think the w10 really improved the drivers a lot, even on the 3dmark overhead test I gain a lot of drawcalls, that should help for the game.

10. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    The point is selling the hardware for an amount not far from its purchase price. Going for nvidia might look bad but to be honest when more games i want to play are gameworks titles and with the overclock head of the maxwell gpus, it doesn't make sense anymore to stay with amd. Amd gaming evolve titles perform the same on nvidia if not even better (thief and bf 4). It might make sense to hold off to the r9 280x/7970 but aside from the mining (which i can't bother with) the r9 290/x are no flagship. I had in mind to go with crossfire when i got the r9 290, but 10/10 here don't look happy. More so we got everyone trying to mod the drivers, what does that tell you? And the r9 300 are just re-brands, aside from the fury gpu, which costs as much as my entire system, so for me it's either switch or come on the forums and bitch. Mantel/ Tressfx, were supposed to do something, aside from pushing dx12 tech (which was already coming anyway), and 2-3 games for each tech which i didn't bother playing. And the fact that nvidia dx 11 performance is the same as amd mantel performance, it ain't worth it. On the other you got Physx, better tessellation, etc. oh and they sell back for alot more on ebay. And if the new kepler driver brings alot of performance boost, amd can take their ccc 15.5 and ***************. You can't even watch flipping youtube with hardware acc. turned on. That is my 2 cents. Since you all love amd so much, why are most of owners of Intel cpus? even AMDMatt himself, got an intel core i7...

11. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I love amd but the choice of using amd is not related to it.
    I would go to nvidia and Intel and continue to empathise with amd the same way I am now.
    There are something's you are wrong, thief performs great on amd, bf4 cause its much more cpu bound which isn't a good mix because of the cpu overhead.
    Saying that the r9 290x is not a flagship, doesn't make any sense too.
    Not sure if you are aware but when the r9 290x was released, Maxwell gpus didn't exist there was no gtx900 series. So amd beat the crap out the 700 series. Altough yes its disappointing the next series being rebrand. The rest you are right and pretty much sums it up

12. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    AMD driver devs really need to buck up, My brother can hardly enjoy GTA 5 and Witcher with his PC with R290x crossfire which I've given him, I'm already on nvidia's boat due to SHlT drivers.
    if this continues, I'm less content to buy 390x, I would just buy 980ti and give my brother my current GFX.

AMD is been always late to support AAA title games sometimes I have to wait for a year to have proper fix and AMD's feedback page doesn't seem to work as if AMD don't even read the feedbacks.

Nvidia has issues with drivers but at least I don't have to wait for a year to have it fix

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  13. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    What the deuce? Unless i am crazy, you have gtx 980 sli, why on earth would you want to upgrade? If you are that rich, here take my r9 290 and switch it for a 980 please. That way, you've helped a gaming brother and can feel good about yourself.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    DON'T:
    • use GPU video decoding acceleration on your 290, unless absolutely necessary
    • bring a flame thrower when swiss army knife can do the job

DO:
    • use CPU video decoding instead

Power management on Hawaii is just atrocious.
    Example

15. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Lol, it's really sad when the solution to a problem is to stay away from the cause. Can't pass a test, don't take the test. Crossfire is buggy, don't use crossfire, game doesn't run well, don't play the game, with that logic nothing will be working at some point. Can't get to the moon, don't try to go to the moon....

You offer a product, you sell the product, you make sure the product works. You are happy, i am happy for you, but others want to use the tech they paid for.

16. Selloh

Selloh Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 @ 1190/1550
    did this last week. got about 6-10fps more (tess @ x8)

17. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    A decent improvement in Project cars, tested the Dubai track with 20 cars, 5pm and my usual settings, on 15.4 whilst sat at place 20 (so i had all 19 CPU cars in view) on the grid it was 33fps and during the race it would drop to the 29/30 fps, with 15.5 it was 41ps on the grid and never went under 39fps during the race - so a decent improvement.

I still think more work needs to be done on it though (be it via drivers or a game update), i still get much better performance on Windows 10 and its clear a lot of the GPU is still not doing as much as it should on Windows 8.1.

18. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    What's your fps in windows 10 vs windows 8.1

19. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    You were saying ...[​IMG] the r9 280x performance equals that of 290...

I thought this game was an amd title
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  20. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    No wonder the owners of the r9 280x ain't saying much, they are the only ones getting the bang out of their buck. [​IMG]