The Witcher 3 No XP Glitch Fix Coming On June 1st

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 30, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC will receive a new patch on Monday (June 1) which will carry fix for the nasty "no XP Glitch" in the game. In addition to this, CD Projekt Red clarified that...

he Witcher 3 No XP Glitch Fix Coming On June 1st

2. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    It's been proven over and over again, better to wait a bit until the software has received some extra care.

3. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Swift reaction by Nvidia, I hope it'll work as intended. Though I have to say that Witcher 3 1.04 already runs a lot better on my rig than the day one version. And I'm always talking about 2560x1440 with all bells and whistles.

4. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Woaaaho, look like Nvidia have finally decided to start optimize the game for Kepler too lol...

This said i ask me why this news is coming from CDR instead of nvidia. Is CDR project are the new marketing team of Nvidia ? I was think they are just a gaming developpement studio .

Last edited: May 30, 2015

5. Jman944

Jman944 Member

GPU:
    Geforce Titan SLI'd
    It's probably that CDR was getting **** from kepler users, people thinking it was them (CDR) not Nvidia, for the bad performance. Just my guess though.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Its not, its coming from hilbert. 2 subjects on W3 combined in a single post.

7. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    This, just HH throwing it in at the end

8. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    How does this XP bug happen? As I can't say I've had it happen. I know if you do a mission that's something like 6 levels lower than you, you don't get any, but that's by design.

9. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    So really it's basically this..

Green (Nvidia) is screwing you over KNOWINGLY
    Red (AMD) is screwing you over with INCOMPETENCE

How do you guys like it..... I'd personally get it from the guys who aren't doing it maliciously but just by inability, but getting screwed in a cold and calculated manner from Nvidia is really an insult to one's intelligence

10. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Believe or not the game runs like a champ with a mix of high and ultra with my GTX680. More improvements for the game and NVidia making more improvements to Kepler sounds good to me. These accusations of paranoid delusions saying NVidia have been nerfing drivers is a bunch of horse****. Imagine that, games run better on newer cards. Well god damn it. The manufacturer of my card is trying to trick me into buying one of those newer and better cards! Where is my tin foil hat, I need to block the NVidia mind control machine! All it takes is for one moron to say something stupid on YouTube or a forum and before you know it, a bunch of other morons "mostly teenage kids" are saying it too. Yeah.. The GPU companies are evil empires trying to secretly screw everyone over. I suppose its because they don't like money and deliberately want to lose customers. I've heard the reasons and they are uneducated, unsupported bull**** claims. Just like Google, Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Ford, GM, Honda, Sony, and everyone else who hates you. They are all out to get one over on us. Sigh..

PS. I am just tired of all the negative BS about everything. The hell is wrong with people.

11. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    A big QFT to this post.

12. KilgoreTrout

KilgoreTrout Guest

GPU:
    1080 FTW Hybrid
    Ouch that bad huh?

If there's a universal fix, I hate to say it but it's hard to believe they didn't notice this missing key before. I love NV GPUs but at the same time it looks very suspicious.

13. Merlena

Merlena Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 8G
    ^
    Yup. Especially the last thing you mentioned. When a card as the 780Ti (especially) runs worse than their budget card 960; that can't even compete with it's high-end predecessor - Trying to make sense of it, is like I've been hit with a baseball bat. (I can understand peoples frustration) as I've probably never encountered this when it comes to cards.

But that said, The Witcher is a great accomplishment, and only time will tell on how optimized everything will be in the end, and I'm sure people will be pleased when things gets on track again, which is probably a lot sooner than we expect.

I've been all messed up as well with all this drama; "Kepler degrade;" yada-yada - but at least people know that work is under progress.

I got no issues waiting. We're gamers right? Look at the bright side, once all in order we'll probably miss Temeria, even after those 200 hours it takes to go through The Witcher 3.

Cheers.

14. EarlZ

EarlZ Guest

Spec wise the 780 seems to be superior to the 970 and if Nvidia will honestly provide the best optimization possible for Kepler on the most recent drivers can we expect the 780 to perform better than the 970 or will that be a pipe dream ?

15. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    What's the exp bug? I've been getting exp doing quests.

16. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    No, you should get exactly the same amount of XP regardless of your level. Remember, there is no level scaling in this game, so why should quest's be an exception?

You dont get any XP if the quest is 6 levels below your level. And you picked the quest up after 1.04 patch.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  17. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    core count to core count (2304vs1664) the 780 may seem better but ever since early "leaks" maxwell performance has has a ~140% advantage over kepler - putting cuda performance about even until you look at the 970 clocking base/boost higher(863/900vs1051/1178).

the 970 beat the 780 in most benches since release - i doubt it will ever overtake it.

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, 47 hours on steam counted, lets say 42 hours played. Level 16, hundreds of quests done, now doing only red quests. It takes more effort, more dodging, evading, blocking. Deflecting/returning arrows/bolts does very small damage. And shield does last just one hit on you.
    If I did not have Cat school gear which is Light Armor and has just above Heavy armor defense on same level and boosts damage with light armor skill, I would have hard time killing anything.

I think I would be forced to respec as a sign-witcher otherwise.
    But I have: "Kaer Morhen Trained" achievement.

PS: This is likely gameplay somewhere along "Death March!" difficulty.

19. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    The question is: when the heck they will repair Geralt animations? The camera is buggy,shaking-tremble around Geralt and give people headache.
    Or fix the blody horse who stop in the middle of race or in the field.
    Or make the font in Inventory more readable.damit

20. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Nope you are wrong.... If you are 6 levels higher then you don't get XP as it was designed that way, anything else should give you XP. This comes from the developer so I'd take his word over yours.

Originally Posted by ilozen View Post
    Quests that are 6 levels (or more) lower than yours are not granting experience. Anything else should reward you with exp, we are looking into the issue.