EVGA leaks GeForce GTX 980 Ti SKU lineup and prices

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 29, 2015.

1. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Well the price is a bit steep for a cut down chip ,
    how much better or fps is this going to have over the normal 980, 5-10 maybe more in some games or maybe less for nearly double the price , we will have to wait and see the benchmarks but you all know that it will fall in the middle .

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah I'm like of the opposite spectrum. People are thinking Nvidia are pricing these high to make more money before Fiji, which launches like a week later. I doubt it. Sounds more like the Fiji is going to be about as powerful as a 980 Ti and priced similarly. Nvidia has way more insight into how HBM and the specs of the Fiji are going to perform, then random blog people. If they wanted they could just simulate the proposed specs for fiji on their cadence system. Which would give them a rough estimate on performance.

And it's not like Maxwell is capped at 980 Ti/T-X level, they could have easily clocked both cards higher, their TDP is no where near 300w level, and get some more base performance out of the thing.

I still think the Fiji card will be priced at ~$800 with performance similar to Titan X levels, perhaps slightly faster in 4K benchmarks, with the exception of games that exceed 4GB of ram (Unless it does end up having 8, in which case it will be faster at 4K in all games). I think it will also be closer to a 320-330w card with possibly a 400w Uber boost or something similar to the 290x.

3. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    I wouldn't get much change out of £1500 once I've got two of them and waterblocks. For a chunk better perf. No thanks!

4. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    250 W nvidia crad no one bats an eye
    amd does the same thing everyone looses their minds

5. Demrock

Demrock Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Boost 7950x2
    Jeez Nvidia is out of their mind with high end gpu prices....

I can understand a Titan price for the most part, but they are out of control when asking 800 / 900 euro for a high end gpu.

I hope AMD can put them back on earth again with both feet as this is getting ridiculous.

6. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    It almost looks like they want to keep all cards for themselves.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That 980Ti Classified is going to be almost $1k.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    What is wrong with 250 watt cards?

9. KoRn.vs.POD

KoRn.vs.POD Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 780 SuperJ.
    ooh what a surprise! The same pcb like the last 5 years. What a hipe 4 nothing. The price is also 1³

10. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    If this is the price then that means the 980 won't go down in price like the last series, which I was banking on so I could buy a second 980.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    What's wrong with the PCB..?

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You do like to set yourself up, don't you. Go on show me a 250W TDP AMD card that performs on par with the 980ti and I'll be batting all of my lids.

I'll be skipping this. My next gpu will be a x70 Pascal.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I`d bat my eye lids too if fiji oc to the same speed as maxwell, 1400+ and in many cases higher.

14. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Jesus christ I was expecting a price drop for the 980 and 970 so I could maybe buy another 970 if DX12 allows for stackable VRAM.
    Sure we're not 100% sure that's gonna be the launch price but if it's true, I don't know what they're thinking.

I really don't like the push in prices of the top-end, especially since the USD is at an all-time high atm.
    I mean at this rate it's cheaper to SLI 970s.

I see two possible situations:
    1. Nvidia is trying to sell at these prices until Fiji comes up, and then they'll see a drop.
    2. Nvidia actually knows the aprox. performance of the future Fiji card, which means these prices will stay up and Fiji will perform a bit better (since by reports Fiji will be pricier).

But if Fiji launches with 4GB of RAM, AMD's pricing is very questionable. I don't think this card could handle 4k but it is targeted towards 4k.
    Unless AMD are relying on DX12 to bring stackable VRAM to the table. That would make sense actually, since 1 card is really not enough for 4k.

15. SHOCKTRUPPEN

SHOCKTRUPPEN Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 Strix
    980ti

FFS Nvidia you have just gone the route of Big Brother Intel:peeleft: and priced yourself over your worth, idiots! O.K now hello AMD now is your chance to do something spectacular now while NVIDIA IS on their knees for the fake ram debacle and now trying to rape us for a sheety card!:eek2:: Step up AMD AND GIVE IT TO Nvidia:finger2:!!

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    ^^Well you might have the 4gb fiji card priced similar to the 980ti and you have a lot of rebrands to look forward too as well.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    nVidia pricing is on par with what I expected. They can charge whatever they want, atm.

BTW, going midrange SLI vs single top gpu has been cheaper for ages, I don't know why it surprises you that 970 SLI is cheaper than a single top end product. Single gpu is king if money = who cares, while multi gpu is ok, if you don't mind running into issues from time to time.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  18. Lowice

Lowice Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 980ti OC
    So I guess they really are trying to kill the PC gaming market. Well then, I rather stop playing games then playing on consoles so keep this BS up with insane high prices on hardware and games poorly optimized for PC. Otherwise I think I'll find myself a new hobby and say goodbye to 25 years of gaming.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Not really, they're just running a business. Let me ask you a question. If you had a product that you can sell for $700, would you sell it for $700? Or would you sell it for $500 because you care about gaming?

Answer: You'd sell it for $700.

Consoles are an alternative, nobody is forcing you to spend $700 on a gpu.

20. Lowice

Lowice Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 980ti OC
    If nobody or not enough buys it then there will not be any business. So no I would sell it for 500$ because if people don't have to use so much money every time the what to upgrade then they will upgrade more often and in the end I would make more money. When people have to spend 700$ for upgrades then they won't upgrade that often maybe only every 3-5 years and then I will lose more money.