AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, May 29, 2015.

1. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I missed Windows 1.0 But I did have to use Windows 2.0 and I thought that was bad. Back in the good old wordperfect and wordstar days. Thank God for WYSIWYG. I hated all those dam control characters

2. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I have a save right outside there. Gonna load it up and see if I don't get some of the same

3. dontpokethebear

dontpokethebear Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire 7950 3072mb
    dude, I literally said that I have AA disabled. it's quoted in your post.

4. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I've been following the AMD drivers now for a couple months and have been wanting to swap over when the new cards are out , but i do read more negative and problem post about driver support and bugs then i would like.

Not trying to be rude or start a war please ,i only have limited money for my next upgrade and don't want to regret my purchase.

5. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    OK, rode down to where the guy with the cart being attacked. I did notice flicking during the cut-scene but not in-game, but.....

After the cut-scene there was flickering on the edge of one of the banks. Save the game, reloaded, flickering gone. Loaded the previous save and again, right after the cut-scene I got some flickering. Sooo... I'm thinking there's something hosed between the transition of the FMV and the game. If I don't have a cut-scene I don't have flickering. If I save and reload after cut-scene, I don't have flickering but if I let it run I DO have some minor flickering/shimmering. No change in any setting will remove it, only a reload

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    780 SLI? No point upgrading :)

7. XWolfGhost

XWolfGhost Member

GPU:
    MSI 290x 4GB x2
    Very good CFX usage now. All settings maxed(1440) and no gameworks I get 55-60 stable. Still a slight bit of flickering on the terrain even with AA off, but rarely. It's pretty bad when hovering over icons in the map and menus though.

I'm still getting some stuttering when entering towns, but I was also getting it on a single card too. Is this a problem with the engine? I haven't been able to find a way to fix yet.

Anyways, very nice driver so far. Thanks AMD Matt.

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Maybe a future 980Ti SLI will worth but all depends on future AMD driver support.

That's the key for me.

There is no point in buying a 395X2 or a couple 390X even if they are POWERFULL if the driver support is subpar.

I'll better buy a less powerfull but more expensive (?) Nvidia alternative with better driver support.

9. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Oh the irony. I've been thinking in the opposite. I've been with the red team since the 9700. Got a bug up my a$$ when riva/nvidia bought 3DFX and sat on their tech and kinda swore off them. Have been happy with ATI but i think when AMD absorbed them things have kinda changed. Nvidia just seems like they're increasing the gap. I am happy with my twin 8gb 290x's but, as we all do, an upgrade is inevitable, whether it's tomorrow or 6-12 months from now. Hoping DX12 and the 39x change that

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    They said they don't have much money for an upgrade!!! :D

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Upsss!

I didn't see this part. :nerd:

12. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Yes, we are :D
    I think the first "card" i had that was able to do some 3D was the S3 Virge..

13. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Can't remember for sure what my first 3d card was. I remember using both S3 (think is was a Diamond brand) and a Matrox card as my 2d cards. I believe it was a Voodoo 1. I do remember having both a Riva TNT and a voodoo 1 then a tnt and a pair of voodoo 2's. I still have a voodoo 5 in my attic

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  14. Mamel

Mamel Guest

GPU:
    SapphireRadeon HD7870 2GB
    Got 7870 sapphire ghz edition on 8.1 os and to be honest Witcher is indeed running smoother :), for about 3 seconds... after that card horribly crashes showing something like this: cdn.overclock.net/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c3ef323_HD5000VS.jpeg (can't post link coz of little post count)

I know these are beta drivers, but last whql driver was released like 8 months ago?

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I expect WHQL drivers for 300 series GPUs launch next month with some important features fixed and some REAL CFX profiles (no disable CFX suggestions added).

Dreaming is free. :D

Omega "Phase II" ?¿?

:3eyes:

16. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Yeah it definitely makes sense to hold Omega Phase 2 back for the 300 series launch. I expect those Windows 10 draw call improvements to be included in Win7/8 drivers, cause they need sharp benchmark results.

17. coxroach1

coxroach1 Member

GPU:
    MSI HD7950 oc'd
    Still getting my cpu running at 97-100% on all cores at all times when playing ProjectCars.

Whilst this is playable it means my gpu is at around 70% usage and been held back by cpu.

I was previously told this was due to poor drivers, is it likely the drivers are still to blame?

I have a very old system but this is the only game I struggle with.

18. TUMIK

TUMIK Active Member

GPU:
    RX470
    CCC close when i push any option in CCC why ?

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    expect away, it wont happen.

Draw call improvments are due to underlying win10 architecture and code changes.

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Your CPU is too weak for your GPU(s) and this game...What GPU are you using?

Edit: I see your GPU now...too weak CPU.