AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, May 29, 2015.

1. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    AA is unusable if you are sensitive because it seems like its alternating frames, one frame with AA on, one frame with AA off. So its kinda like on/off switch pressed on the keyboard. Tested at night and it seemed like the screen was pulsating.

during the day with AA off, walking and slow scenes are fine, just riding the horse you can tell its flickering every few seconds. After testing for 2 minutes cant tell how annoying that will become, will test tomorrow while continuing my walkthrough.

2. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    15.4 I had a steady locked 50 fps in Witcher 3. Now it's fairly steadily around 45 fps. :bang::bang::bang:

3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    So, these are EXACTLY the same ones as the leaked ones?
    Can anyone confirm if the binaries are newer/different, please?

Gonna pass if so, because the leaked driver (15.200.0.0 May 5) are wonderful for GTA V which is the only game I'm playing right now (besides POSTAL 2)
    And the leaked 15.5 was a MESS for that game. Stutter and framedrops out of nowhere to single digits.

4. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    Ah yes the panacea to crossfire issues, just disable it®
    Can anyone make a Nike-themed AMD crossfire poster with "Just Disable It®"?
    And lower down the tessellation to ridiculous level to get mediocre performance.
    Yaaay..

5. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    turn off the sharpening option

6. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    with my single 290x i have a solid 60fps now with hairworks on much better than the 50 lol

7. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    guys if your screen is shimmering, turn off sharpening or put it to low.. worked for me

p.s the fps is in 60+ will all ultra hair works on, around 90+ when the damn thing is off

8. Bigbeard1986

Bigbeard1986 Guest

GPU:
    16gb
    man, it must be painful to post garbage like this.

Roy@AMD should delete his twitter account. This is a damn joke. It really is unbelievable. As much of a scum company Nvidia is, AMD is just pure trash.

How could you do this to yourselves? Are you purposely trying to ruin the company you guys work for?

AMD's image at this point is irreparable.

9. razorbackdb

razorbackdb Member

GPU:
    AMD R7 260x 2GB
    Is there a way to extract the app profiles and put them in the W10 drivers?

10. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    Do better simple

11. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    In my opinion it isn't bad, tough i need to test them.
    The big problem was the delay between the release of Project cars especially and Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.

AMD needs to be more fast, i could even say that they are working with the Windows 10 etc etc, but thats excuses, and people want things that work in day one.
    If i hadn't Windows 10, i wouldn't ever had decent performance on project cars until now.

Thas something that AMD needs to fix, the timings.
    But ok, we just have one more painfull Gameworks game left to release now, its Batman.
    XD

12. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    ingame options used please? I get 50 fps avg without hairworks, and 38 with hairworks. With everything set to ultra, hbao+, high sharpness and 1080p. Unless you got some settings off, no way you are getting 60 fps all the time with hairworks on with this driver.

13. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-FG6wLQkDo we had this fix for a week now and paired with this new driver it does wonder

14. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Sigh...just tested it in W3 and GTA5...in short, 1023 mucho > 15.5 ...lower FPS much higher (5-10), less dips, less stutter (with 1023 I don't have any stutter). In GTA5 I have awful lod/ texture pop-up bugs...something like this -

[​IMG]

Verdict for me: Revert back to 1023...

EDIT:

I feel like an idi@t again...apparently those testing of mine was incorrect. Don't know why but my cpu clock reverting back every time I install a new driver or change power options related to cpu in OS...don't really know why...didn't happened to me in win 7...and I just installed win 8.1 for the first time. So that's why I've got lower fps in GTA5 and W3...at default 3.2Ghz cpu speed it barely playable. Even if it shows at bios post 4.6ghz in windows my cpu running at default clocks...very frustrating. I have to re-enter to bios and hit F10 every time after driver install...

Shame on me! I guess with age I'm getting neglectful and too lazy to check everything proper. I hope AMD can forgive me for misleading...I hope there is still love for me from Red God. Is it there, Matt? ..after all you are his preacher...you should know :( ..is it?

So...with 4.6ghz oc clocks I've got all the different (who would doubt it) results...

Those 15.5 are superior to 1023/ r9 300 drivers for me...both in GTA5 and W3...slightly but better.

PS. Sorry again, dudes...I f@cked up on this :(

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    W3 80/80 scaling crossfire.

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Have you tried http://forum.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399410 yet?

For GTA V it's amazing.

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    W3 1FPS increase single GPU. Great!

18. stormblast

stormblast Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon 280x
    Is anyone can run on this driver W3 with SweetFX? I have crashes at game start(
    On 14.12 everything was great
    I don't see big difference between this driver & 14.12 with tesselation x8 tweak

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    :puke2:

Just what I was looking for - comparison with 1023.
    Thank you.

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    API overhead test:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]